Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Irish sea really seems to pepping up now. Surely things could get pretty bad once the cold air starts to arrive ? Or good depending on what way you look at it :P

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krrh

Just wondering if west Dublin will get anymore snow today, more specifically clondalkin, d22?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

pp_me wrote: »
    its looking fantastic to the north. :)

Can see Tory Hill and Cheekpoint Chimneys from my house, when they disappear i know its snowing there and on its way here.

PS Tory Hill and cheekpoint gone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

ITS SNOWING

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Miap

@pokerface me
    hey in knocklyon at moment but live in kiltipper gate would i be right in thinking i should stay where i am rather than try heading up there??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

snow in Dungarvan now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

pp_me wrote: »
    ITS SNOWING

Looks like its going to be a big shower, here we go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Greetings from the NW coast. We got exactly what ME forecast.... Absolutely no snow. Temp about -6 at 8am.
    I believe the east coast hasn't seen the half if it yet. That East wind will come and everything will start to freeze up. I would hate to be commuting home this evening.
    This thread if still open will be at least another 1000 posts longer by 6pm I bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Fairly mild on the northside at the moment.

Very slight thaw from the wind.

Large dark clouds overhead yielding light sleet.

I am however optimistic that the approaching cold front will bring snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

well i have only one class today at 12 o clock. one of my teachers is stuck in the west county

btw my fellow cork board members, looks towards the harbour, theres something coming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

That temperature in Waterford is creeping up. Is that expected or are we looking at a right party pooper? -0.3 now from -0.5 45 mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Snowing nicely in Loughrea again now, after a good covering last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Looks like its going to be a big shower, here we go :D
    Every part of my body is crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭kingshankly

it's too wet here in Louth for any snow to settle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

All the birds that were in the garden have suddenly vanished, is this a sign?? Its got so dark here now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Oh my goodness me!!!!!!!! a complete whiteout here!!! there at least four inches of snow and still snowing heavy:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

10.1 inches snow in Athlone so far:D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

showry wrote: »
    snow in Dungarvan now

Fantastic, I miss out up here in smelly snow resistant Cork!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

SINCE A LOT OF PEOPLE COMMUTING MAY BE USING THE MOBILE VERSION OF BOARDS COULD EVERYONE INCLUDE LOCATION IN THEIR POST. LOCATION UNDER NAME DOESN'T SHOW ON MOBILE VERSION. THANKS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

What a morning. Left at half four to be in work for six. Went down one hill and couldn't get up the next. So turned around, and couldn't get up the hill I had just come down. I was stuck. So I had to walk home. Wasn't the most pleasant walk I've ever had. But I did get to see some awesome fork lighting.

Going to head shortly and retrieve my car. But unsure if I should take the trip into work. I'm in east Meath and it's a long drive to ballymum in this weather. I'd attempt if I thought it would thaw and there was no more snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Cork forecast to get snow about 10:30

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

look towards the harbor. theres something coming

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Just got a call from my wife, who's trying to go from Rathfarnham to Trinity.

She left at half-seven, has made it about 1 mile in 1.5 hours. Is now off the bus walking to Rathgar, hoping to find clearer roads and a
    faster bus route. Said it's REALLY bad on the roads.

Cork forecast to get snow about 10:30
    You've made my day Shane, nice one :cool:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sleet shower. 2.0c DP -0.1c

5 inches of snow on the ground here but a definite thaw in the stiff NE breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Bit of a letdown in Waterford so far - only sleet falling nothing of significance. They seem to be only forecating sleet showers here for today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Just coming down lightly in the Ballygunner area of Waterford now. Hopefully it kicks off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

snow is back in north meath, total change around in last 10mins, got very cold again with a fairly strong wind

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    look towards the harbor. theres something coming

I have a fairly sh*tty view out my work window, but I can see pretty dark clouds drifting towards us. Here's hoping :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

noah45 wrote: »
    10.1 inches snow in Athlone so far:D

So much for met eireann getting it wrong eh?

The nature of showers is that some people get hit, others don't. That's life!

This will be real radar and sky watching day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement