Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Reports/ Chat - Potential Blizzards & Heavy Snow - 29/11/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pa99

Starting in Tallaght again. Light snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Mostly rain here in santry and ballymun...no real snow here last night and is melting...

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Lashing snow here again, sky gone that beautiful dark colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

seems like nothing fell overnight in Castleknock :mad:

Are you joking??

Castleknock got another two or three inches of snow and graupel last night...place is thick with the stuff!!

Heavy hail now falling in Portmarncok and temperature has dropped!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

noah45 wrote: »
    10.1 inches snow in Athlone so far:D
    post some pics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Snowing now in Ballinrobe, south east Mayo, its got so dark again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

We had around 4 to 6 inches in Athlone overnight. Well between 1am and 8am while I was asleep. It was snowing when I got up and it stopped for a while. Now it's coming down heavy again with bigger flakes. My basic outdoor temperature probe says +1.1.
    Going to try driving to work now. Not too far to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

and stopped again. Its just teasing us now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Nice covering of snow around Claregalway outside the city. Was fairly heavy an hour and a half ago but there are patches of blue sky in the city now. Fairly breezy too and i'd say there'll be a thaw - nowhere near as cold as last few days but that could be down to my under-armour!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Sleet in D15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

I have a fairly sh*tty view out my work window, but I can see pretty dark clouds drifting towards us. Here's hoping :)

well theres one lone long dark cloud hanging low moving across the southside for the last half hour.

but theres big massive bank coming out way

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

There was sleet falling as I was arriving in work in Dublin west this morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Definite thaw in Monasterevin, car windows not even frozen and its raining now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Fiana Fail have just announced that the sequel to " Snow White and the seven dwarfs" has been canceled because Dopey spent all our money but with the current weather conditions they are pleased to announce that sequel to " The Day after Tomorrow" is on the way !

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

Coming down a bit in South Kilkenny sleety graupel type more than full on snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Are you joking??

Castleknock got another two or three inches of snow and graupel last night...place is thick with the stuff!!

Heavy hail now falling in Portmarncok and temperature has dropped!!!:D:D:D

I just looked out window, cars don't seem to have any more snow than when I went to bed. I'm near Castleknock gate. :eek:

I've to get over to Foxrock this morning, how are roads etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Picking up in Waterford again......

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Remember folks. The cold air is on it's way. Potentially we're in the calm before the storm. Literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Picking up in Waterford again......
    and picking down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Portamarncok all white again with heavy hail falling. Left a blanket on top of remaining snow, quite a lot too:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

So much for met eireann getting it wrong eh?

The nature of showers is that some people get hit, others don't. That's life!

This will be real radar and sky watching day.

Hey Maq

What time does the 06z GFS roll out ?

Looking at the 00z it looks like the cold air is here by 12 with colder air in behind it at 18:00

Snow risk at 18:00:

h850t850eu.png

http://www.netweather.tv/gfsimages2/gfs.20101130/00/18/prectypeuktopo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

Just had a small snow shower here. We seem to be about 15 minutes behind Waterford city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭davehey79

would any of the weather guys ( geniuses in my book ) be able to interpret the radars / maps etc. and give a possibility of snow for Longford/Roscommon today or am i just hoping in vain :( a slight dusting last night is all we got :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Was extremely slippy coming out of my estate in Palmerstown this morning. Taxi was sliding all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

I just looked out window, cars don't seem to have any more snow than when I went to bed. I'm near Castleknock gate. :eek:

I've to get over to Foxrock this morning, how are roads etc?

Everything is a bit slow but i was out at 7 down to Blanchardstown Village and it was fine. Navan road fine. Think things are worse on the southside but check dublincity fm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Just cant seem to get going in Waterford City. Just little light flurries and yes the temps are rising 0c DP -0.7c, still ok but going up which is a worry.

Live Temps @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Sleet in D15

Stopped only lasted about 2 mins :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Still bright here in cobh,4 little birds returned to my back yard this morning for their bread,3 mornings in a row:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Hey Maq

What time does the 06z GFS roll out ?

Looking at the 00z it looks like the cold air is here by 12 with colder air in behind it at 18:00

Snow risk at 18:00:

h850t850eu.png

http://www.netweather.tv/gfsimages2/gfs.20101130/00/18/prectypeuktopo.png

I think it will be somewhere between 12 - 2 pm :D

137332.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

dak wrote: »
    Fiana Fail have just announced that the sequel to " Snow White and the seven dwarfs" has been canceled because Dopey spent all our money but with the current weather conditions they are pleased to announce that sequel to " The Day after Tomorrow" is on the way !

^^Thanks for that.

Light stuff here, but a streamer seems to be deveeloping here, unfortunately the showers are very weal as they hit me:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement