Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late November/Early December 2010 Cold Spell Temperature Watch

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Pangea wrote: »
    Hey harps not sure if google is really accurate, says -6 for me too, but i just put up a weather thermometer myself, its reading -3.9 at the moment :D
    I heard it was -5 through the gap earlier.

Yeah I stopped believing google when it had me down for -7C and rain the other day followed by a storm later in the night when there wasnt a breath of wind.

I'm just going by the Kilygordan weather station which is the closest official one to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Thanks Harps Is it Irish weather online that owns that station?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

I have a weather station in my back garden, its only a basic one but does the job, its pretty accurate as its generally very close to the nra weather station in Killygordon. The nra seem to update every hour or thereabouts

http://www.nratraffic.ie/weather/default.asp?RegionId=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Question already answered, its an NRA station

Probably not totally acurate for me but its only 10 miles or so from here so it cant be too far off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

WFstats21hoursDec01.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jaded811

:eek: RTE news reporter quoted it would be up to -17 degrees sunday night, is this an error? surely !!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Someone reported -15 in the car thermometer in the glenties region. Highland radio said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

7 day temperature anomalies at met eireann staions continue to fall. Up to the 1st December, now between 4c and 8c below normal!

137741.gif

Actual 7 day temperatue means across the country:

137743.gif

well below -1.0c in central areas and almost -2.0c towards the east. Exceptionally low values for the time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

7 day temperature anomalies at met eireann staions continue to fall. Up to the 1st December, now between 4c and 8c below normal!

137741.gif

Actual 7 day temperatue means across the country:

137743.gif

well below -1.0c in central areas and almost -2.0c towards the east. Exceptionally low values for the time of year.

well paddy1, impressive stats, too bad temperatures will be returning to near average by the middle of next week.

7 day mean anomaly up to the 2nd Dec continuing to fall:

137968.gif

widely between -6c and -9c below normal! :eek:

Actual 7 day mean temperatures across the country:

137969.gif

Severely below average with 7 day mean temps now below -2.0 in central areas and below -1.0c over a wider belt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

wxwhy.jpg
    And the cold has only just begun! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Jean reported that the -16.4C and -12.0C at Mount Juliet and Casement this morning, respectively, were new December records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Su Campu wrote: »
    Jean reported that the -16.4C and -12.0C at Mount Juliet and Casement this morning, respectively, were new December records.

About the only record we'll break in kilkenny this year . . .:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

wwwcarlowweathercomscreencapture2010-12-3-3-18-14.png?t=1291423033

enfield.png?t=1291423108

A few snap shots from the early hours of 3-12-2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Min Temp: -14.4c @ 4:53 -3/12/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

agri_temperature.gif

agri_diffTemperature.gif

:eek::eek::eek:

No sign of a rise in the 7 day temperature means and deviations over the country up the the 4th:

7 day temp mean and anomalies over the country:

138250.gif138251.gif

up to 9.0c below normal in parts of the east with actual 7 day temperature means well below freezing over many parts of the country. Exceptional.

Grab of met eireann hourly reports for 11pm on the 2nd:

138252.jpg

All images above c/o Met Éireann

Tables showing mean max/mean min temperatures for the period 27th November to 6th December from reporting met eireann stations:

138521.jpg138522.jpg

Oak Park's mean max for the period a breathtaking 0.01c. Casement holds pride of place regarding min with the station's 10 day mean min standing at -7.7c. Extraordinary values in what is proving to be an extraordinary cold period of weather.

All data c/o Met Éireann

7 day mean temperature/anomaly charts for the period 2nd-8th December:

138820.gif138821.gif

7 day mean temperatures for the period below -3.0c over central and eastern areas. Only western fringes above 1.0c!

Image and data source: met eireann

Advertisement