Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends in the Gardai

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

ottostreet wrote: »
    I think round tower huntsman has been far more insulting than angelfire has.

Sorry for going OT.
    He wasnt telling lies though.

stovelid wrote: »
    Gardai enforce the law: they don't legislate it or necessarily even agree with it. I don't see anything that hypocritical about Gardai taking drugs and having to arrest other people for same unless they, say, get off being charged because of being a Guard.
    Id be of the opposite opinion myself. I think workplace ethics and integrity are extremely important in any job, especially a job like a garda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

Id be of the opposite opinion myself. I think workplace ethics and integrity are extremely important in any job, especially a job like a garda.

And your the guy that likes puting them in compromising positions! make up your mind what you ethics are!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

What exactly is the point of this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

k_mac wrote: »

Isnt it so we can all lie about having friends in the garda?

I have a friend in the gardai and sometimes she takes heroin filled sandwiches to work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 mightysurveyor

Ended up back at a random session in a house after the pub one night. So low and behold there was cans and skins and weed all out on the table. Another resident of the house arrives back in soon and walks into the kitchen, proceeds to whack out some "white substance" on the table and snort his brains out. One of the others gets up and closes over the kitchen door and then the hammer drops.

On the coat hook on the back of the door were three hi vis garda jackets. Got a bit of a shock to say the least. Good session all the same. Would of loved to rob a jacket off the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

k_mac wrote: »

To insult members of AGS of course ;).

Although personally I find anyone who works in IT, tech support, etc to be all pigs and nerds and uncomfortable to be around.

Bosco boy wrote: »
    And your the guy that likes puting them in compromising positions! make up your mind what you ethics are!!
    I never said that I like putting them in compromising positions. I said that I like doing things that would put them in such positions. Subtle difference.

prinz wrote: »
    To insult members of AGS of course ;).

Although personally I find anyone who works in IT, tech support, etc to be all pigs and nerds and uncomfortable to be around.
    Hows that job at Irish psychics live going for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

A friend of mine is a Garda, and he's the exact same as he was before he was a Garda. Dead genuine lad, and funny as **** too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Hows that job at Irish psychics live going for ya.

Haven't started yet, but it's going to go great. Badumtish.

I never said that I like putting them in compromising positions. I said that I like doing things that would put them in such positions. Subtle difference.

I couldn't imagine any of them hanging around you long enough for it to happen!! You seem like a barrell of laughs to me though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭delta720

if someone oinked at your kid your hubby and his thug work mates would probably just invade their home and beat them with their batons or make their life a living hell,like the mcbeartys in dun na gall.

If someone bullied my kid (or sister, as I don't have kids!) I'd call round to the persons house and try sort it out, and if I got guff of the father I'd stitch him a head butt... simple as. I'm not a guard.

Also this thread is ridiculously stupid, guards are school-leavers, graduates, sisters, sons, fathers etc. Anyone who has had a incident with a weird/asshole guard just means that person was weird or an asshole.

Also I'm surprised at the mods allowing some of these posts, if you replaced the word 'guards' with 'blacks' or 'Muslims' there'd be bans all over the place.

Typical Irish people ****ting on their own doorstep.

Bosco boy wrote: »
    I couldn't imagine any of them hanging around you long enough for it to happen!! You seem like a barrell of laughs to me though!!
    The feeling is mutual. Believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

if someone oinked at your kid your hubby and his thug work mates would probably just invade their home and beat them with their batons or make their life a living hell,like the mcbeartys in dun na gall.

How is this kind of comment acceptable??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

talla10 wrote: »

I reported it, I suggest you do the same.

I'm surprised that round tower huntsman is still around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

ottostreet wrote: »
    I reported it, I suggest you do the same.

I'm surprised that round tower huntsman is still around.

Already did!!Way out of order IMO

Already did!!Way out of order IMO

I totally agree, in fact that post in part refers to her child, i can understand why she was annoyed at such a statement and IMO was very measured in her response to what was obviously a troll that was personalised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I think it is totally unrealistic to expect every guard to be honest or ethical. Some will be and some wont be and some will be criminal, ambitious and dishonest.

It isa good thing nowadays that you get garda prosecutions for criminal behavior.

That usen't to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

a few chaps who i was friends at school with are cops now...strangely enough they all have a similar type of drab seriousness about them when i see them about off duty......although in fairness they were never comedians in school either....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

My brother has a close friend who works as a garda who won't accept my brother as a friend on facebook cause he's a jounalist :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

loved when a friend was smoking a joint ,and another guard friend he didn't know pulls out his badge and puts it on teh table, saying nothing. The jump out of him :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

My brother has a close friend who works as a garda who won't accept my brother as a friend on facebook cause he's a jounalist :pac:

I can see the reason for that as some employers/employments monitor employees on-line social stuff. A close friend who works at a senior level in IT is obsessive about having a very low key presence.

A guy I know told me last week that he turned down a guy who interviewed best for a job with financial responsibility after reading his Facebook.

So your brothers friend may have had sound reasons.

Advertisement