Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends in the Gardai

Options
  • 27-11-2010 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here have friends who are gardai and if so do they act differently around them. The reason im asking is because I was out a few weeks ago with a friend who isnt in the gardai, but who works for them. A few of them joined us later on in the night and they seemed like nice people but I felt I couldnt relax in their presence. It was like I was being monitored all night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Does anyone here have friends who are gardai and if so do they act differently around them. The reason im asking is because I was out a few weeks ago with a friend who isnt in the gardai, but who works for them. A few of them joined us later on in the night and they seemed like nice people but I felt I couldnt relax in their presence. It was like I was being monitored all night.

yeah, cos they really care what you get up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Did they have schtiff necks?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What did you do wrong?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

i smoked a joint with a garda once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

yeah, cos they really care what you get up too.
    You would be surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

It's in your head dude. Gardai are people too believe it or not. They watch the same shíte on TV, eat the same shíte food, go out and get drunk and just want to have the craic aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Sounds like you've something to hide.

Tell us what you did:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I know a few gardai. Many of them see it as just another job. When they clock out, unless you are doing something particuraly harmful to other people, will turn a blind eye to petty misdimeanours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

they seemed like nice people but I felt I couldnt relax in their presence. It was like I was being monitored all night.

Are you serious??Nice people??:pac:

Seriously as has been said there just people out for a good time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Does anyone here have friends who are gardai and if so do they act differently around them.

Yes, I've friends in AGS.. And I train with the Garda Judo team - do I act differently around them? - Yes, I try beat them up, and they me!.

In reality no I don't act differently around them. I'm in the army, and get a whole load of regular questions fired (pun!!) at me re. the job from civilians..

So I treat my garda friends like regular mates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

In fairness when hanging around with your Garda mates you shouldn't act in a way which would put them in an uncomfortable position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭WildBoots

Yes, I've friends in AGS.. And I train with the Garda Judo team - do I act differently around them? - Yes, I try beat them up, and they me!.

In reality no I don't act differently around them. I'm in the army, and get a whole load of regular questions fired (pun!!) at me re. the job from civilians..

So I treat my garda friends like regular mates.

You're in the army? heard anything about having to possibly keep the peace on the streets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

WildBoots wrote: »
    heard anything about having to possibly keep the peace on the streets?

Hopefully in Beirut in the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You're in the army? heard anything about having to possibly keep the peace on the streets?
    If he told you that the black helicopters that usually follow the op will come after you.

Don't worry about it though, have a few drinks tomorrow night and enjoy Bank Holiday Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I was the only 'civilian' at an Anne Summers party hosted by some ban gardai. I was embarrassed for them and their behaviour. :D

ThisRegard wrote: »
    If he told you that the black helicopters that usually follow the op will come after you.

Don't worry about it though, have a few drinks tomorrow night and enjoy Bank Holiday Monday.
    How do you know about the black helicopters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I have a good few friends cops. Most of them are fairly high up in the ranks now. There all dead sound. Often drove home with them and me after 20 pints..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

poisonated wrote: »
    I know a few gardai. Many of them see it as just another job. When they clock out, unless you are doing something particuraly harmful to other people, will turn a blind eye to petty misdimeanours.
    Some of them never clock out.

How do you know about the black helicopters?

I saw it in some documentary with Mel Gibson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭WildBoots

ThisRegard wrote: »

Why tomorrow night?

• Advertisement

Some of them never clock out.

No wonder our public service bill is so high.

Why tomorrow night?
    Because you don't have to get up for work Monday, someone on the internet said it's going to be a bank or public holiday so it must be true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

would you stop. the gardai are the biggest party heads youll ever meet on the town. once they get rid 0of the uniform they dont give a t

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I have both friends and family in the Gardaí. My cousin I would definitely act differently around not just because she's in law enforcement and she has a stick up her arse, but because she tells her mother everything.

My mate in the gards I treat normally though, he's just as fond of a weekender bender as the rest of us are.

paky wrote: »
    would you stop. the gardai are the biggest party heads youll ever meet on the town. once they get rid 0of the uniform they dont give a t

i know a girl in the drug squad and i was very suprised when i heard what they got up to on the weekend

i know a girl in the drug squad and i was very suprised when i heard what they got up to on the weekend
    +1 for garda corruption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Obviously shes so dedicated shes brings her work home with her..;)

+1 for garda corruption.

their just human at the end of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I have a good few friends cops. Most of them are fairly high up in the ranks now. There all dead sound. Often drove home with them and me after 20 pints..;)

That is not sound.

• Advertisement

Cianos wrote: »
    That is not sound.

lol

Advertisement