Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭largepants

Nothing out here in Midleton yet. My lower lip is beginning to protrude.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Its coming :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

First flakes now coming down in Rochestown (Cork).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

John2009 wrote: »
    Its coming :eek:

Have you got the latest map thingy that you've been showing us?!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Croc

Just started snowing here In Douglas, Cork City, very light at the moment

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    Have you got the latest map thingy that you've been showing us?!

Radar4.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

A quiet day here in Mayo, bright blue skies and temp never got above 1C roads are lethal, all the big showers passed off around the coast and temps are now rising slightly from -4 to -3 as a strong N/NE wind picks up, hopefully some of the showers coming down over Scotland make their presence felt tomorrow! However I did manage to get out today and got some great shots of some of Mayo's beauty in the snow...Please take a look if you have 5 minutes to spare before the Cork snow monster lands! :D

http://www.vizualpics.com/slideshow137784.html

photo7786784.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Is this to pass over kerry?

Come on lads any more updates?? Has it got heavier on the Southside? Still nothing here....

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭largepants

I'm prob no good to you but I've nothing yet. I'm in Midleton and about 10 miles from 7/8 miles from Cobh as the flies and they have snow.

• Advertisement

Very light by me at Fairhill, just started though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

-6c in Galway city tonight it's brazen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Light snow by me.It's so awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Tis very very very light so far. Just a few flakes every so often Leahy. Nothing to write home about yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Nothing in South inner city yet, sky looking very purple, i know its snowing in the Southside alright though, surely just a matter of minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Croc

leahyl wrote: »
    Come on lads any more updates?? Has it got heavier on the Southside? Still nothing here....

Yes it has gotten heavier.
    Landing on the ground as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

still v light in douglas. lovely dry snow though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I think a pattern is emerging now that east coast streamers are instantly dissipating as they move inland due the widespread snow cover already present, cutting off convection. This should be the pattern through the next few days, as with more and more areas now snow covered, there's nowhere for the showers to go, and they will die a quick death a few miles inland. The only hope for inland counties is if some upper vorticity maxima can keep convection going a little longer.

John2009 wrote: »
    Very light by me at Fairhill, just started though

There must be something there for me so if you're in Fairhill! I'm having another look out the window!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

So whats the story for Dublin tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Snowing in Ballincollig, Co.Cork now just outside the city

Radar5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Rougies

Su Campu wrote: »
    I think a pattern is emerging now that east coast streamers are instantly dissipating as they move inland due the widespread snow cover already present, cutting off convection. This should be the pattern through the next few days, as with more and more areas now snow covered, there's nowhere for the showers to go, and they will die a quick death a few miles inland. The only hope for inland counties is if some upper vorticity maxima can keep convection going a little longer.

I think you're being a bit pessimistic there. I agree the convective "backup" potential over land will be pretty much non-existant over snowcovered areas but there wasn't much there in the first place anyway!? Also I think we (in the east but also the whole country) have more boxes checked for snow in the next few days than we could possibly hope for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Vizual Pics

Su Campu wrote: »

They might find a chink in the armour down around Clare/Limerick direction!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nothing in Rathmines and doesnt look like there has been for most of the evening...

DeV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

UK Met going all out for tomorrow night in the East

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

I don't think this will happen in coastal areas anyway and probrably more widely. A temporary warmer clink of air is going to be over the country tomorrow and some of Tuesday. Id say rain and sleet more likely on coasts but we will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Heavy snow now in Wilton Cork City ...stayed up all night to see it .One big mad man child here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

In the 2355 forecast on Radio 1 Evelyn just mentioned the possibility of more prolonged snow in the east on Tuesday.

riggerman wrote: »
    Heavy snow now in Wilton Cork City ...stayed up all night to see it .One big mad man child here :)

Brilliant!!! Not far from me so!!!!! OMG i'm the same - if anyone SAW me seriously - i'm such a child! I have to get up at 7.30 - i need to go to bed - but i can't!:D

• Advertisement

Radar6.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement