Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Forecasts and Synoptic Forecast Discussion - 26/11/1020 onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

all very quiet here! is it the lack of snow? i hope its not the x factor influence!:eek:

this might keep us motivated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CT0a-Hgumo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Thanks MT.

Showers on the Irish sea just beginning to change track now to a more Southwesterly direction. Think Wicklow will be in the firing line shortly and as the winds back further Northeast to East later more northern East coast locations aswell. Wicklow, Wexford shortly having coastal snow showers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

darkman2 wrote: »
    Thanks MT.

Showers on the Irish sea just beginning to change track now to a more Southwesterly direction. Think Wicklow will be in the firing line shortly and as the winds back further Northeast to East later more northern East coast locations aswell. Wicklow, Wexford shortly having coastal snow showers.

Hope your right... Great show last night... Was amazing... Hoping that streamer comes in land again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Thanks MT.

hopefully it will go a little more north and hit dublin aswell

Thanks MT.

Air temp is down to -3.3c here with most of last night and this mornings snow cover intact [fields are white,shoes sink 2 inches into the snow or they used to before it went rock hard this evening]
    Dp is almost minus 5 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shenandoha

Reminds me of Joyce's beautiful lines...

A few light taps upon the pane made him turn to the window. It had begun to snow again. He watched sleepily the flakes, silver and dark, falling obliquely against the lamplight. The time had come for him to set out on his journey westward. Yes, the newspapers were right: snow was general all over Ireland. It was falling on every part of the dark central plain, on the treeless hills, falling softly upon the Bog of Allen and, farther westward, softly falling into the dark mutinous Shannon waves. It was falling, too, upon every part of the lonely churchyard on the hill where Michael Furey lay buried. It lay thickly drifted on the crooked crosses and headstones, on the spears of the little gate, on the barren thorns. His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Lightning in the Irish Sea stream - just saw two massive flashes - clouds rolling in here now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Thanks MT.

With a little bit of luck they might continue inland in that south westerly direction . . .;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Lightning in the Irish Sea stream - just saw two massive flashes - clouds rolling in here now.

Hopefully we can get in on that steamer action like we did earlier today. The signs are good :)
    Temp -2.1c DP -3.9c

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

another cb off the dublin coast, this bodes well for later convection is ramping up out there! ;)

also scotland is about to get pasted!...again...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Nacho how many inches of snow is there at you now alltogether?
    See RTE Said there was 4 inches in Killkenny yet one of our posters showed us 8 inches ;)
    Snow measurments are much more reliable on Boards. :)

5 and a half inches.
    i see evelyn is quick to look for an end. you can be sure if it was mild she wouldn't be looking out for signs of colder weather;)

premiercad wrote: »
    another cb off the dublin coast, this bodes well for later convection is ramping up out there! ;)

also scotland is about to get pasted!...again...:rolleyes:

what does cb mean ? Does it look like were going to get another covering tonight ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Anyone know where you can get satellite pictures showing snow cover? Google has, for once, failed me . . .:eek:

Cumulonimbus aka thunderstorm :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Happy days.... Do you think it'll be the same as last night..?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hopefully winds will swing more to the east very soon, fekin wicklow, wexford and kilkenny are always in the firing line for the proper snow showers!

estimated track of this current stuff, might make landfall on wicklow coast, (guesswork :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Hey Experts > is it usual to have thunder & lightning during a snow storm:confused:, i always taught it was associated with rain clouds??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

estimated track of this current stuff, might make landfall on wicklow coast, (guesswork :D)

Love that track, keep it coming to Waterford :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

That's what I've been waiting for - I'm heading down towards Wicklow.

• Advertisement

Ah no, nudge it north a bit to dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

Happy days.... Do you think it'll be the same as last night..?
    Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Winger_PL wrote: »
    That's what I've been waiting for - I'm heading down towards Wicklow.
    safe journey

I'd imagine it would be mainly the top end of that streamer that would make landfall alright.
    The rest will be wasted at sea.Theres a long shot that it might come in around rosslare somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

heads up cork and kerry
    uksnowrisk.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

uksnowrisk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Snowing heavily here, prolonged shower, over an inch allready and still coming down heavy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

what is a good radar to use instead of met.ie??? Seem to have lost my links from last winter.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

NickDrake wrote: »
    what is a good radar to use instead of met.ie??? Seem to have lost my links from last winter.

Thanks

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Will we get snow down my way tonight??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement