Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandon ship or stay and struggle?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not sure.

I have a mortgage and children here so I'm staying. If I didn't, I'm still not sure I'd go unless it was absolutely professionally necessary. Ireland is my home and I've never voted for those people - never will and I would hope that my children won't.

Something in me thinks that it just suits them for people like that to leave - like so many good people have had to go down the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

No slimy bastards are forcing me out of my home country, I'll only leave when I decide I want a change in life not because my country is in financial ruins.

I'm staying here and helping clean up the mess that was made by fùckers!

*rolls up sleeves*

Time to take out the trash!...................

...........but first I'm going to have to ask you, Fianna Faíl, to leave!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

I am in a funny situation....I am Italian but live in Ireland and work for a US company. All the European offices are based in the UK and I am the only employee based in Ireland, basically they had to register the company VAT here just because I wouldn't move to the UK or other countries where they have branches....funny that I could technically do this job anywhere in the world, but like to stay here! Night life is just too good! :D ....wouldn't mind moving to Rio or Vegas one day though! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

I'm going to take a wild guess here as well. There was a time when you probably didn't know how to drive. What did you do to rectify the situation? Took lessons maybe?

If she can't speak a foreign language what should she do to rectify the situation? (don't strain yourself now).

Yes, I agree completely. Learning a language is just as easy as learning to drive.

/sarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

If she can't speak a foreign language what should she do to rectify the situation? (don't strain yourself now).

youre assuming she wants to learn a new language?

i dont want to learn to swim, so im not going to take up scuba diving

she listed the places she did, because theyre the places she has decided to pick from

• Advertisement
Advertisement