Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary North election thread

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

MinnyMinor wrote: »
    where was this?
    ok found it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

tipptom wrote: »
    My sister was down in thurles for his endorsment meeting thursday night as a journalist,they had to wait outside the room the meeting went on,when Mr Lowry told them to go outside for the meeting their was an air of hostility as they were leaving as if some cult leader had just banished the devil.
    Imo the answer to the question in your scenario could be that he might have increased his vote by another thousand.Sad but maybe true.

Cian McCormack (RTE journalist and a Nenagh man) reported on this and it was carried on Morning Ireland yesterday:

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_morningireland.xml

It's in the podcast headed Second Hour: 8 to 9am. The piece starts at 19.47 and let's just stay that I was lucky not to crash the car as I listened with increasing incredulity. The highlight (or lowlight) comes at 23.52 when a furious supporter, not liking the line of questioning, issues what some would say sounds very like a threat to McCormack, telling him what he'd do to the likes of him - "I'd take you by the legs and ... f*** wall......". I can't make it out so if anyone can decipher exactly what he said please share it.

The whole report is worth a listen, though. Quite frankly, it's shocking stuff.

jprboy wrote: »
    Cian McCormack (RTE journalist and a Nenagh man) reported on this and it was carried on Morning Ireland yesterday:

It's in the podcast headed Second Hour: 8 to 9am. The piece starts at 19.47 and let's just stay that I was lucky not to crash the car as I listened with increasing incredulity. The highlight (or lowlight) comes at 23.52 when a furious supporter, not liking the line of questioning, issues what some would say sounds very like a threat to McCormack, telling him what he'd do to the likes of him - "I'd take you by the legs and ... f*** wall......". I can't make it out so if anyone can decipher exactly what he said please share it.

lowery has them all brainwashed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Heres a question for ye

We all know that Lowry got 14,104 first preference votes ( god knows how:confused: )
    But how many of these would put him down as a reference for a job application ?

Vizzy wrote: »
    Heres a question for ye

We all know that Lowry got 14,104 first preference votes ( god knows how:confused: )
    But how many of these would put him down as a reference for a job application ?
    would you buy a second hand car off him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Vizzy

would you buy a second hand car off him?

Nah but I might buy a mobile phone licence
    What do you think,could it land me in trouble ?:)

Vizzy wrote: »
    Nah but I might buy a mobile phone licence
    What do you think,could it land me in trouble ?:)
    you might be safer with thecar:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

you might be safer with thecar:D
    Knowing him..The car would have no tax;)

DT100 wrote: »
    Knowing him..The car would have no tax;)
    :D:D and they he would say the garda are plotting against him like he says tribunal was

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 99 ✭✭Royal Dub

what we need in Tipp North is some good old fashioned ethnic cleansing:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

jprboy wrote: »

Only got around to listening to that now. It's pretty sickening that the rest of Tipp is being judged on the performance of Lowry supporters. I hope Lowry apologised for the belligerence of the man who threatened Cian McCormack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

Royal Dub wrote: »
    what we need in Tipp North is some good old fashioned ethnic cleansing:mad:

going by your user name your from dublin/meath!

how much ethnic cleansing should happen up there from all the "great" politicians ye voted in!

Advertisement