Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork-based Musicians - Who Wants To Jam?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Count me in

Splendid! Are you still gonna bring two of your friends with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 deafethos

Malice_ wrote: »
    As the thread title says, if there are any Cork-based musicians interested in meeting up for a jam, get your names down here and we'll try to sort something out.

For the record I'm 31 and I play bass and guitar.

>> Hi folks, interested alrite, mainly play Drums but also do Percussion, Synths, Sound-Design, Devices, etc. Flexible timetable, lets us know what's happening, cheers >;-)...

Also check my music out:

Myspace Facebook SoundCloud
    Twitter YouTube

###

If you book it they will come
    /waynes world

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Splendid! Are you still gonna bring two of your friends with you?
    Not too sure on them, they probably wont know until friday if they are gonna come

Not too sure on them, they probably wont know until friday if they are gonna come

Yeah cool. I'll get onto booking it sometime today then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

deafethos wrote: »
    >> Hi folks, interested alrite, mainly play Drums but also do Percussion, Synths, Sound-Design, Devices, etc. Flexible timetable, lets us know what's happening, cheers >;-)...
    If you read through the rest of the thread you will be able to figure out when and where people are meeting up. Although I started the thread, circumstances conspired against my being able to participate.

Cheerz, will av a civ trew da tread >;-)...

Right, I have the room booked. 2-6 on Saturday afternoon. So, will anyone else who said that they would be going confirm that they are so I have an idea of the numbers turning up at it.

So far it is me, Wooden Jesus (+ possible 2) and Menolia.

Although I started the thread, circumstances conspired against my being able to participate.

And it just won't be the same without you!

And it just won't be the same without you!
    Thanks for that! I was actually going to throw a few instruments into the car and drive down to meet up anyway but I've got stuff to do this Saturday now so I can't even do that much. Best of luck with it anyway! Hope someone brings a camera so we can get some gear pics!

Thanks for that! I was actually going to throw a few instruments into the car and drive down to meet up anyway but I've got stuff to do this Saturday now so I can't even do that much. Best of luck with it anyway! Hope someone brings a camera so we can get some gear pics!

Actually, a camera would be a great idea. Could prove to all the doubters that it actually went ahead! If some one could bring one it would be nice, I actually don't have one myself.

Maybe we could see you the next time Malice.

• Advertisement

Maybe we could see you the next time Malice.
    Yeah, I hope so. Even if I don't end up moving back down to Cork, I have a few friends that I could crash with for a weekend night so I'd just bring down a few guitars, my tube head and my Pod XT and I'd be all set. I'd even have a ready-made excuse for going boozing afterwards ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Crazybassplayer

Sorry lads but i have a gig on saturday night but i will be there for a practice and to collect my kit so i will call in and say hello anyway. I will try and make it next time. By the way Sticky i'm a lefthanded drummer as well so you're not alone.

Right, I have the room booked. 2-6 on Saturday afternoon...

>> Van broke down yesterday, need it to bring my D'kit if I was to play with ye. Unfortunetly I'm vanless till nxt wk or so. Only av a rented car till Sat morn'n. By the way, my kit is tiny so if anyone has room in their wheels that would be great! In the meantime I'll see if I can sort something out >;-)...

I think theres a drum kit already there. Last time i checked the website im fairly sure they had amps and a drumkit. I suppose all you need is a few cymbals

I think theres a drum kit already there. Last time i checked the website im fairly sure they had amps and a drumkit. I suppose all you need is a few cymbals
    The last time I was there all we needed for the drums was a set of sticks which you can get from the vending machine if you don't happen to have any on you. The hihat that was supplied was a bit wonky but everything else was fine.

Anyone else interested in joining us this Saturday?

Whats everyone doing for transport. Im gettin the bus up but if anyone wants to get a taxi from the city im up for that, save a few quid and that walk up the hill looks rough with equipment

Whats everyone doing for transport. Im gettin the bus up but if anyone wants to get a taxi from the city im up for that, save a few quid and that walk up the hill looks rough with equipment

Not sure, I might get a lift up there or take the bus. I know that there is a bus that runs from Merchants Quay that runs right up outside the industrial estate where the rehersal space is, so might take that, would be cheaper than the taxi.

Not sure, I might get a lift up there or take the bus. I know that there is a bus that runs from Merchants Quay that runs right up outside the industrial estate where the rehersal space is, so might take that, would be cheaper than the taxi.
    Any idea what bus that is?

Any idea what bus that is?

It's the number 12.

• Advertisement

Thanks. The bus is at 12 and 20 past 2 though, think ill get a taxi

For those of you who are actually going to turn up tomorrow, I shall be the guy with long hair, a bit of a smig and a Gibson hardcase, standing outside the rehersal place waiting for some one to mention the word "Boards" to me. Hope to see you tomorrow.

PS. I got your PM Wooden Jesus
    PPS. I'm too tired to type properly, I hope the above makes sence.

Pushed back to next Saturday due to unforseen circumstances :mad:

Practice room booked again for this Saturday, 2-6. More people still welcome to come along if they want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭r.duke

hey hey, if you guys are planning any other jam sessions in/around cork send me a reply, i play guitar and bass, have all the gear, own car, i dont care if there is a set list or not, im happy just to show up and plug in, see what happens, i play most styles except metal, thrash etc. im in my 30s, moved to west waterford from NYC couple years back, looking for reliable people who want to do original material.

r.duke wrote: »
    hey hey, if you guys are planning any other jam sessions in/around cork send me a reply, i play guitar and bass, have all the gear, own car, i dont care if there is a set list or not, im happy just to show up and plug in, see what happens, i play most styles except metal, thrash etc. im in my 30s, moved to west waterford from NYC couple years back, looking for reliable people who want to do original material.

Well, this has already gone ahead, might not be one for another couple of months, but keep an eye out for it in the future.

Advertisement