Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork-based Musicians - Who Wants To Jam?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Crazybassplayer

Can I take it that the venue for this jam is Dublin Hill Studios, if so count me in cause thats where I reherse and thats where my drums are.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Colinboy wrote: »
    Apologies if i offended anyone.was only having a joke.
    Point taken. With the way things ended up last time around I am going to do my best to ensure this thread runs smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Can I take it that the venue for this jam is Dublin Hill Studios, if so count me in cause thats where I reherse and thats where my drums are.

If nobody has any objections to using it I think we'll go with Blackpool. When do people want to do this, before or after Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

If its happening in the new year ill definately be able to make it. Have exams starting next week but if its happening next weekend i could probably take a break and head to it

Well, at this point the 18th might be too close to organise some songs and learn them, so will we but it off till after Christmas? How about the 29th or the 30th (if they are even open then) or the first weekend in January, the 8th?

So far, Wooden Jesus, backtobass and Crazybassplayer have said that they would go.

Can we start sorting out songs as well? backtobass has suggested Californication. I'll have a think so some in the meantime. Maybe some simple songs that can be easily improvised to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭backtobass

hi again folks. As you said knifespoony . . Maybe the first week in january would be the best. Christmas would be out of the way and we d have a clear run at it. Some time to learn off songs mentioned that we night not know. What do everyone think.

The first weekend in January is cool with me. I'll have a think about some songs in the meantime, but i'll get them in soon.

January is perfect for me iv absolutely nothing going on. For songs how about baba o riley and enter sandman, they're grand to play and always sound fairly good

January is perfect for me iv absolutely nothing going on. For songs how about baba o riley and enter sandman, they're grand to play and always sound fairly good

those sound good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Im in......let me know when and what songs. Cheers!

• Advertisement

Right so, thought I'd give this a bump just to add some more songs. I'm thinking Cochise by Audioslave and Night Prowler by AC/DC, if that is cool?

So, it is the 8th of January in Cork Rehersal Studios on Dublin Hill. StickyBandit, Backtobass, Wooden Jesus, Crazybassplayer and me so far, and other people are more than welcome. As a matter of interest, what do ye all play (as if the names weren't enough of a give away!)? I play guitar anyway.

The song list so far is:

1.Baba o Riley
    2.Enter Sandman
    3.Californication
    4.Cochise
    5.Night Prowler

Anyone want to suggest some more songs? We'll have a four hour slot to play with.

Right so, thought I'd give this a bump just to add some more songs. I'm thinking Cochise by Audioslave and Night Prowler by AC/DC, if that is cool?

So, it is the 8th of January in Cork Rehersal Studios on Dublin Hill. StickyBandit, Backtobass, Wooden Jesus, Crazybassplayer and me so far, and other people are more than welcome. As a matter of interest, what do ye all play (as if the names weren't enough of a give away!)? I play guitar anyway.

The song list so far is:

1.Baba o Riley
    2.Enter Sandman
    3.Californication
    4.Cochise
    5.Night Prowler

Anyone want to suggest some more songs? We'll have a four hour slot to play with.

sounds good........i play the bass, im 41 too so i hope im not too old ha.

regarding other songs, I Wanna Be Adored-Stone Roses......New Years Day-U2, i know three of the ones you mentioned and ill learn the other two............sound

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Menolias

Sounds good to me,sign me up for the 8th too,unless there are too many axes already?better get started on those songs i guess.

backtobass wrote: »
    sounds good........i play the bass, im 41 too so i hope im not too old ha.

regarding other songs, I Wanna Be Adored-Stone Roses......New Years Day-U2, i know three of the ones you mentioned and ill learn the other two............sound

Nah man, age doesn't matter, just as long as you can play. Those songs should be fine as well.
    Menolias wrote: »
    Sounds good to me,sign me up for the 8th too,unless there are too many axes already?better get started on those songs i guess.

Cool man, thanks for signing up. Don't think we have that many axemen so far, just me, you and Wooden Jesus surprisingly. Looks like we have a nice mix of musicans so should be a good jam.

Want to add rocking in the free world and bad penny to the list of songs? Easy and fun to play.
    Iv told a 2 friends to come along so if their free in january they are up for it. They play drums and guitar.
    By the way does anyone sing?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

I'm a drummer.....left handed too, so that might majorly piss off any other drummers!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

unless there are too many axes already?
    Certainly for the first jam it's probably better to have too many people turn up rather than too few.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 KAnois

Hiya,
    It would be nice to have a jam with you next time-i'm just back to Eire and like to sing and write songs. I'm learning guitar and tin whistle too-slowly! I'm living an hour from Cork. K.

Iv told a 2 friends to come along so if their free in january they are up for it. They play drums and guitar.
    By the way does anyone sing?

Cool, we have a good gang of musicans together now. As for the singing, you do not wanna hear me trying that, I'll stick to the auld six string. But, anyone else already going up for some singing, or would we even need a singer?
    KAnois wrote: »
    Hiya,
    It would be nice to have a jam with you next time-i'm just back to Eire and like to sing and write songs. I'm learning guitar and tin whistle too-slowly! I'm living an hour from Cork. K.

KAnois you are welcome to come along, would you be up for playing guitar with us (don't think any of the songs we have has thin whistle in them!) or just sing along?

Anyway, here's the complete song list (now with added links!):
    1. Baba o Riley
    2. Enter Sandman
    3. Californication
    4. Cochise
    5. Night Prowler
    6. I Wanna be Adored
    7. New Year's Day
    8. Rocking in the Free World (the Neil Young Version I presume?)
    9. Bad Penny

I think that might be enough to keep us going for the four hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 KAnois

To be honest this play list is not the kind of stuff I can sing or am into, apart from the Stone Roses. It will be fun for you though, have fun everybody!
    K

• Advertisement

Cool, we have a good gang of musicans together now. As for the singing, you do not wanna hear me trying that, I'll stick to the auld six string. But, anyone else already going up for some singing, or would we even need a singer?

KAnois you are welcome to come along, would you be up for playing guitar with us (don't think any of the songs we have has thin whistle in them!) or just sing along?

Anyway, here's the complete song list (now with added links!):
    1. Baba o Riley
    2. Enter Sandman
    3. Californication
    4. Cochise
    5. Night Prowler
    6. I Wanna be Adored
    7. New Year's Day
    8. Rocking in the Free World (the Neil Young Version I presume?)
    9. Bad Penny

I think that might be enough to keep us going for the four hours.

Good stuff, looking forward to it,

i can do 4 out of 9 ok and learn as i go fairly well,still up for it and willing to learn outside my comfort zone all the time.......fairly big comfort zone tho:D

i can do 4 out of 9 ok and learn as i go fairly well,still up for it and willing to learn outside my comfort zone all the time.......fairly big comfort zone tho:D

Well you know more than I do now. Really have to fight the will to veg out over the next couple of weeks and not leave the songs I don't know 'till the last minute.

Really looking forward to this know, should be great crack. I'll book the place a week before hand and let ye know the cost then, but should be less than a tenner each given the numbers that we could have coming. Anyway, I don't think there is much more to say until then, so have a good Christmas lads.

And merry xmas to all as well.........would i be right in saying most of ye lads have played in bands before? i played a bit in the early nineties in a band doing original stuff...played the drums...came to nothing but was great while it lasted.......playing the bass now last four years or so, no expert but competent enough......so can only improve playing with other musicians...hopefully:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mavv35

Hi guys

I have been a musician for many years and havent found anyone to play along with.. ty for this post. I would definitely love to join in if possible after the new year, I play electro/accoustic guitar, I am 41 and live in Cork City centre. My email addy is mavv35@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers an look forward to seeing you ;)
    Glenn.

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and wish you very best for the New Year :D

Mavv35 wrote: »
    Hi guys

I have been a musician for many years and havent found anyone to play along with.. ty for this post. I would definitely love to join in if possible after the new year, I play electro/accoustic guitar, I am 41 and live in Cork City centre. My email addy is
    Cheers an look forward to seeing you ;)
    Glenn.

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and wish you very best for the New Year :D

Sorry for the delayed reply Mavv35, my laptop is a bit broken atm. Anyway, you are more than welcome to join us. It is on the 8th of January in Cork Rehersal Studios in Kilbarry Industrial Estate, off Dublin Hill. The song list is as above. Hope to see you there.

Just a bump as I'm gonna go about booking this sometime this week. Gonna look for the 2- 6 slot this Saturday afternoon. The price for that time is €50, but given the amout of people that siad that they were interested, the price that we would each pay should be less than €10.

So, can I just get a confirmation from people who are definatly going at this stage?

still in,saturday sounds good.

still in,saturday sounds good.

Cool man, thanks for the reply.

I hoping to book it tomorrow, but I would feel more comfortable doing so if more people replied and told me whether they are going or not. So, who is still in?

• Advertisement

Count me in

Advertisement