Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All your discussion on budget cuts / 4 year plan announcements today goes here.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

lmaopml wrote: »
    5.8 if we were to draw down the whole lot today....

..which we won't be. We've to use the pension reserve first. Think I read an article somewhere earlier today that Noonan implied as much?

It could be as high as 10%

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Ugh, stop.

Please

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

in before the mega lock lock!

EDIT: Oh, maybe not
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

He's on Six One talking out of his hole now, if you really want to watch it.

I hope Vincent Browne is in the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

We need James Bond, his father and his entire family to take a hit for the good of the country. Find him an Irish passport quick.

If he did invest unwisely why should I pay for his Aston Martins and Ferraris

• Advertisement

So things are going back to how they wer in 1993.
    That point with the highest unemployment rate in the history of the state.
    Yippeeeeuuuuugghh:eek::eek::eek::(:(:(:mad::mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

where's my bottle of whiskey when i need it:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Cmon vincent stand up and barrage him with a load of saliva fueled questions!!!!!

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Cmon vincent stand up and barrage him with a load of saliva fueled questions!!!!!

Steddy.

where's my bottle of whiskey when i need it:confused:
    a tax on thinking about drink.
    In fact a tax on all thoughts both negative and positive.
    A tax on big words, a tax on typing, a tax on text and texts and schoolbooks, on reading and talking. Return of the glimmerman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

wil wrote: »

Except back in 93 the country didnt have a century of debt hanging over us.

jesus christ! no hope! clowen is some fcuking coward. where the fcuk is bertie ahern in all this. he should be dragged back and face the music.

loike wrote: »
    5.8% @ 85 Billion
    Thats a lot of percentages.

Whats that in Punts?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Cowen is one hard necked fcuker.. he keeps letting slip things like 'it'll cost the Irish government less to borrow the money this way'.. what the hell does that mean?! It means it'll secure the status-quo for those in charge.. nothing to do with the expense being transferred onto us by the whole failed system. It'd be cheaper if we told the lot to fcuk off and just started again.. allow new banks to set up here and redesign the entire political system.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Brian dobson defending the governments decision to put some of our own money in this.

Cowen is one hard necked fcuker.. he keeps letting slip things .
    He said "acheived " then quickly changed it to "obtained"
    What a thickset frame of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Brian dobson towing the line for his employers rhetoric

FYP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

we've turned a corner ...................

we're going forward .........................

we're going bust soon .........................

somebody give that fat fcuk Biffo a smack

How about they give the 85bn to us the people, we run one big streamlined coop, take on the loans that can justify their existence, drop the rest, lend to industry, get the country running again and get it all payed back in about 2 years.

All we are making at the moment is on the econotourism from all the journalists coming here to see how bad it is, they are going to get bored and leave with all the rest of the emigrants.

Terminal 2 will be like Ellis Island in reverse.

1993 with bells on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

wil wrote: »

Actually highest rate was in the 80's, 1985 I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

Serious question. Does Ireland still have to keep the refugees/asylum seekers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

NO

/runs off and hides in the corner

If they have any sense they'll have gone elsewhere by now.

Mushy wrote: »
    FYP!

Well put. Everyone in RTE is a FF shill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

They should streamline the processing and kick the undeserving ones out of the country asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

Hmmm. I just don't get the reason why we have to house and support foreign nationals on our 'borrowed cash'. Dublin is jam-packed with them. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

They should streamline the processing and kick the undeserving ones out of the country asap.

That should have happened 5 years ago.

There's cnts in Kildare St that should be sent to a salt mine in Siberia for contaminating future generations with debt, they should be included in said process. :mad:

Hmmm. I just don't get the reason why we have to house and support foreign nationals on our 'borrowed cash'. Dublin is jam-packed with them. :rolleyes:

Vast Majority of them are scam artists, most africans are in fact economic refugess, come here get fed housed and then have 5-6 kids so they can get more welfare, time has come for us to deport these people en masse and look after our own people.
    And then you have the deserving refugees which Ireland took in from palestine refugee camps and refugee camps in Asia, these people are the real refugees and deserve our support and aid until they can get on there feet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Can I just ask people ,when should the opposition be responsible for what they say ?

Mainly I'm talking about joan brutal ,she is an absolute whinge bag and is eternally miserable about everything.
    Link

Shes the main reason I won't vote labour.

Advertisement