Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All your discussion on budget cuts / 4 year plan announcements today goes here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Press any button to continue.

Where's the ANY button?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

optogirl wrote: »
    Where's the ANY button?

DEL FF

then

CTRL D E F A U L T

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Oh look, what a shocker, FF going back on their word on having an election in January. Election wont be until spring now apparently.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/no-election-until-spring-cowen-2433052.html

When did FF say there would be a January election?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Too right. The solution is abortions. :pac:

(No, seriously.)

Meh, the option is already there, but many knackers refuse to have them.
    Maybe if the state was refusing to support their children, they would think twice about having it.

Meh, the option is already there, but many knackers refuse to have them.
    Maybe if the state was refusing to support their children, they would think twice about having it.

Refuse to have them? or Perhaps can't afford to go to England seeing as it's still illegal here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

perversely, i'm really looking forward to this budget...it's like soap opera for the pocket. will he - wont he, the bad man's behind the bookcase, who murdered the poor etc.

*does the budget dance at desk

yep, it's gonna be great craic altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

perversely, i'm really looking forward to this budget...it's like soap opera for the pocket. will he - wont he, the bad man's behind the bookcase, who murdered the poor etc.

*does the budget dance at desk

yep, it's gonna be great craic altogether
    aw snap!

Refuse to have them? or Perhaps can't afford to go to England seeing as it's still illegal here

Can't afford an abortion, but can somehow afford to have a child.

Something seriously wrong with that.

Can't afford an abortion, but can somehow afford to have a child.

Something seriously wrong with that.

Even poor people are allowed to breed you know. Of course people should think a little more about their ability to raise children etc but this is true in every class for various reasons, not just monetary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Cut the dole completely, people should be out breaking their backs and eating scraps from bins, I know I would if I didn't have a job!!!! (note: I WILL ALWAYS HAVE A HIGHPAYING JOB).
    Seriously, you are all lazy bastards who need to get off your arses. You did crap in your leaving certs now you want a handout? The only handout from me you'll get is to push you out of the way with the words "Sorry, no change" (I only carry 50's and that's because shops moan if you give them bigger).
    Young families should find newspapers for nappies, no need to buy anything else, sure didn't we survive 10,000 years ago with bark? Also, old people should be out digging up roads and fixing my broadband!

Scroungers! I didn't work hard for the last 2 years to hear winging from SW frauds and lazy hipster students. I hope you all freeze this winter! I'm off to Australia to get warm and to think about how awesome it is to have a job! YOU LAZY FECKERS, I HAVE TONS OF ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE TO BACK MY HARD FACTS UP!

PS: Kill the poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

This thread is about the 4 year plan? how come it turned in to a bash loan parents and people on social welfare thread.

If any of ye get a chance read Foucault ....he is very interesting on how its okay for the powerful talk about the powerless but somehow its not alright for the powerless to question the powerful.

Even poor people are allowed to breed you know. Of course people should think a little more about their ability to raise children etc but this is true in every class for various reasons, not just monetary.

Agreed.

But we're here we're talking about the people who don't work, and have no desire to work, 'breeding' at a higher rate then those who do work and have a desire to work, with no financial worries because the state will pay for it all.

Perhaps if the message was rung home that the state will not support these children, there would be less of them.
    Or atleast, less of a burden on the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mariaalice wrote: »
    This thread is about the 4 year plan? how come it turned in to a bash loan parents and people on social welfare thread.

Agreed, I mean the social welfare bashing I get...but those loan parents are only trying to help the orphans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Agreed, I mean the social welfare bashing I get...but those loan parents are only trying to help the orphans.

I wonder if I could get a loan of a milf for a few hours

or minutes :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

November 21, 2010
    When asked about the scale of the loan likely to be sought, Mr Lenihan confirmed that the figures would be tens of billions but would be “nowhere near” €70 billion or €80 billion as suggested by the presenter Richard Crowley.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/1121/breaking1.html?via=rel
    November 24, 2010
    The European Union and the International Monetary Fund will offer the Government an €85bn facility, which can be used to recapitalise the banks and fund the public finances.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1123/economy.html

Can these cunts tell the truth on anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

mikom wrote: »

Good grief, no!:eek:
    I mean, how do you expect them to get re-elected? Anyway, aren't the Irish electorate "mathematically challenged" according to McCreevy?:rolleyes:

How the mighty have fallen - the trouble is, they seem to be determined to take the rest of us with them!!!

Noreen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

To be fair that was two seperate sets of people saying the two different things.

I'd still trust the IMF/ECB figure more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Just fucking default.

We'll be on the black list for 5 odd years, but then after that we'll be in a better situation than we are now (surely?!).

30+ years of €10bn in loan and interest payments is not feasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

If the government is definately going to fall in January, wont whoever comes in have their own budget to announce soon after or will they keep and adopt the budget that will be set out next month? If its the former, then this whole 4 year plan/budget is a waste of time, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Yes even TV3 are broadcasting the 4 Year Plan announcement today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Step 1: Take out a big insurance premium on the country.
    Step 2: Slip everyone out at nighttime.
    Step 3: Detonate nukes all over the island.
    Step 4: Scam the insurance company and use the $$$ to buy a new country. Somewhere with nice weather.

Just keep it quiet from the IMF guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Considering the speculation/reports that the govt are not going to touch the croke park agreement the other option to fill the 20bn gap in public spending is to tax the rest of us further into oblivion. This should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

connundrum wrote: »
    Just fucking default.

We'll be on the black list for 5 odd years, but then after that we'll be in a better situation than we are now (surely?!).

30+ years of €10bn in loan and interest payments is not feasible.

Hahaha. After 5 years everything will be forgotten, genius solution!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Maybe he meant nowhere near as in it was going to be billions above it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

yermandan wrote: »
    If the government is definately going to fall in January, wont whoever comes in have their own budget to announce soon after or will they keep and adopt the budget that will be set out next month? If its the former, then this whole 4 year plan/budget is a waste of time, no?

The current government have made an agreement with the IMF and that's what we'll be tied into for the next 4 years. Any incoming government may be able to tweak things here and there I'd say, but what's announced today is practically set in stone AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

mariaalice wrote: »

Lone parents cost 1.1bn on OPFP alone and get a portion of the 2.2bn child benefit bill and other allowances.

List here of where social welfare costs go.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69191764&postcount=151

Hahaha. After 5 years everything will be forgotten, genius solution!

I'm pretty sure I said 'but then after that we'll be in a better situation than we are now (surely?!).'

It was open to debate, not a solution.

I personally think that the best solution is to force the bond holders and ECB to swap debt for equity in the relevant banks, making them directly interested in the running of these institutions and moving the problem (slowly) away from being a sovereign issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Nice to see the same press set-up as the other day,

Some savings already!!

VAT up 2% by 2015?!

Retards!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

connundrum wrote: »
    VAT up 2% by 2015?!

Retards!!

They are going to kill any hope of a recovery!!

Aerlingus and Ryanair will be laughing though shipping the young and good out of here!!!

Advertisement