Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo

Options
  • 23-11-2010 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭

anyone getting Gran Turismo 5 tomorrow..?

i cant wait to get my hands on it if there was a midnight launch id be there mainly because im sick of the bull shiit blops has produced

also anyone know of the prices shops are doing.?

Gran turismo 114 votes

yes
    0%
    no
    100%
    LocoLuciferKintarō HattoriShamorabbitinlightsArphaRima-Wheeler-Lucious Sweetoklasentenelanimaal[Deleted User]Otacon2 EspressiStuxnetPlugchopperbyrneangry_foxrichiekmaquiladora 114 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

no
    have a copy booked
    hoping to get back early from work tomorrow to go get it

Harvey Normans were doing a pre-order price of €47
    As far as I know XtraVision and HMV are coming around the €49 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

no
    Booked my copy today in Gamestop I cant wait to get it now traded in a few games so only cost me 20 quid :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

no
    Had no one got it early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Is it just me or does everyone think it looks slow and boring from the videos released so far?

... and I'm more of a fan of F1 than the Need for Speeds etc

Tap the wheel to the left or right and the car screeches with plenty of understeer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'll not be getting it. Had it been out this time last year I may have but since I would need a wheel as well I really can't justify the outlay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I've had it an hour and I'm dangerously close to firing it out the window.

- I tried to install it, just as it began it said 20 mins remaining, so I though nice one, I'll catch the Chelsea match til half time and be ready to go. Switched back at Half time and it had seemingly frozen about 25% of the way in.:mad:

- On the main screen where I select between GT Mode and Arcade mode I keep getting a pop up telling me the time and date settings are wrong (which they aren't) and that I should check it.

- In GT Mode you have to "design" your lounge/homepage. You are prompted to do this every time you enter your lounge (This includes every time you browse back into it having looked at races available, your garage, cars for sale etc, these are all features within your lounge) and even though I set it every time it keeps saying "Cannot connect to server" which means I have to do it again the next time I enter the lounge. Now it's not a long process or anything, quite the opposite, it just doesn't be long getting irritating when you have to do it every time, FTR it also saves it every time too adding another 6-7 seconds to the delay.

- The fact that I haven't been able to install it means race loads times are ludicrous, so FYI install it first time when you get it.

I'm gonna get back to finding some positives here before I head off in an hour or so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

no
    looks an amazing game alri haven't played a racing game in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

no
    Definately, cannot wait to get my hands on it! Always been a massive Gran Turismo fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ac02ire

nobody doing a midnight launch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

no
    I have been waiting years for this so I will be all over it like a rash after work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

no
    Finished work at 4:30pm so I'll be at a local Gamestop by 5pm to pick up my reserved copy, cant wait now.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

no
    Picking up my signature edition shortly. Pity I'm in college later ugh

no
    macpac26 wrote: »
    Picking up my signature edition shortly. Pity I'm in college later ugh

Cool, how much is the Signature Edition setting ya back?

no
    Too much! Ah I traded in a heap of games it's setting me back 80. Full retail is a scandalous €179.99! I'd only do it for GT though I don't buy many special editions

no
    macpac26 wrote: »
    Too much! Ah I traded in a heap of games it's setting me back 80. Full retail is a scandalous €179.99! I'd only do it for GT though I don't buy many special editions

Ha, good answer. That is alot, I know it was announced it was going be 150 upward but thats a big price tag, you do get a hell of alot for it though.

As you said, its GT, so spending that bit extra will be worth it, i have a Collector's Edition on hold in Gamestop so cant wait to pick it up, im expecting to pay about 65-80 quid for it but dont care :pac:

no
    hmv are selling this for €44.99 gamestop told me €55 so save your self a tenner :D im heading in now and when i get back i wont be seen out side the door again for ages lol

no
    Ah yeah happy days that Collectors Edition looks great too. Can't believe it's release day! After years of waiting. Got my DFGT lined up for tonight. It'll be a late one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

no
    yeah picking it up soon, cant wait!

no
    just got mine home currently installing :D

edit : takes up to 8GB of space wooooo:eek:

no
    Ye're all jammie gits. I've to wait until at least 5pm before I get to start my GT experience :(

I wonder is it worth it to ring in to work 2mrw dead? Early weekend of GT play :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Will be picking up the CE after work. €64 in Xtravision.

no
    the control's are the biggest load a bull in this game its really turnin me off it x too accelerate square to brake and the directional buttons to steer its like going back in time to the ps1 days :mad:
    i want to use my L2 and R2 buttons to stop and go and analogue to steer can this be done does any one know if not its goin back i cant use that shiit set up the feel of it just aint rite for me

edit: got it lets hope it works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Really getting into it now and can see this taking up a good bit of my time. Absolutely loving the Go-Karts!:D The first challenge on the Top Gear test track is some bitch, driving camper vans around in a line, I couldn't get past 8th or 9th, never mind first

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

no
    Copy arrived first thing this morning in the post from Gamesnash- thanks guys. Unbelievably my missus is in work late tonight which doesn't normally happen so I'll have a whole evening to play around with this. Looking forward to it big time.

no
    does your car for online races depend only on the car you've bought in the game...?
    im stuck with a piece of shiit toyota top speed of 80mph (down hill) it sounds like its about to explode id be laughed at goin online with the thing

no
    has any one been able to go online i get into a room then the host doesn't start up the match i do be sittin there for ages and then im unable to leave and have to switch the game off and on again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

Installing the game now, can't wait. This is not going to be a game for those who instant action & gratification.
    Lots of time needed to level up to unlock tracks, cars & mechanical damage.

The DFGT wheel is €99 in GAME & Argos, very tempted to pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Copy arrived first thing this morning in the post from Gamesnash- thanks guys. Unbelievably my missus is in work late tonight which doesn't normally happen so I'll have a whole evening to play around with this. Looking forward to it big time.

Isnt it brilliant when that happens, everything just comes together at the right time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

no
    Played it for about a hour earlier, great fun with the the Logitech GT wheel:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

no
    Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Played it for about a hour earlier, great fun with the the Logitech GT wheel:)

There's a part of me that doesn't want to put in the disk until I get a wheel config in place. Then a part of me looked at my bank details and that little part died a little. :(

Advertisement