Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unrest Outside Dail

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Corcioch

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    It's an honest question. Good to see you're so easily provoked though.

Lmao, honest question. good one. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Will you answer the question?

Will you answer the question?

Engage in a serious discussion with someone who states . . .

There are two types of Gardai, Sheep and Scum.

Not on yer nelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

Corcioch wrote: »
    What??

If your so concerned about the thread going off topic why did you stick your nose in in the first place?? . . .to my reply to another poster??????????

Didn't realise it was a private conversation, apologies.

That was in After Hours. I'll reconstruct it for you in proper language here. There are two types of Gardai, those who blindly follow orders, know that beating up students is wrong but are conditioned to go along with it. The second type is the one who signed up for such fun. Students are an easy target, Shinners too, what about "normal" people? Would you beat back your father/mother/sister/brother if they were attempting direct action against the government?

• Advertisement

That was in After Hours. I'll reconstruct it for you in proper language here. There are two types of Gardai, those who blindly follow orders, know that beating up students is wrong but are conditioned to go along with it. The second type is the one who signed up for such fun. Students are an easy target, Shinners too, what about "normal" people? Would you beat back your father/mother/sister/brother if they were attempting direct action against the government?

You need not have bothered reconstructing, I have no interest at all discussing the matter seriously with you based upon your comments. Thanks.

See you on the streets comrade :)

ZuppyLurk wrote: »
    Didn't realise it was a private conversation, apologies.

lol . .this gets better and better.

No it wasn't a private message . . .it was posted on an open forum, and you are free to join in . . absolutely

. . .but dont join in, cause the discussion/ point to be expanded, by replying to me, quoting me . .

. . . .and then start on about the thread going off topic. . .because you are part of the reason its gone off topic too, by virtue of having entered the discussion.

See you on the streets comrade :)

Ha, no you wont.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Lmao . . .the spelling police . . . . pathetic. . . .and exceedingly conceited

It took you two attempts to answer ? No wonder warrants get thrown out for inaccuracies.

Anybody whose work will end up being minutely scrutinised by the legal profession would do well to learn to spell correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

A bit of a contradiction there, (fancy spelling). Either it's open for debate or not.

Don't matter none. :-) Still feel the unrest outside the dail is going to happen again. And since the international media are watching it might be seen to be better managed next time.
    lol . .this gets better and better.

No it wasn't a private message . . .it was posted on an open forum, and you are free to join in . . absolutely

. . .but dont join in, cause the discussion/ point to be expanded, by replying to me, quoting me . .

. . . .and then start on about the thread going off topic. . .because you are part of the reason its gone off topic too, by virtue of having entered the discussion.

parsi wrote: »
    It took you two attempts to answer ? No wonder warrants get thrown out for inaccuracies.

Anybody whose work will end up being minutely scrutinised by the legal profession would do well to learn to spell correctly.

. .or perhaps I am adult enough to know the difference between typing on an internet Forum, and typing statements of evidence.

I dont need your advice there, thanks. Keep it. If I am ever looking for conceited and arrogant advice ill pm you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Question for any gardai hanging around here, when you're ordered to beat down on pensioners and trade unionists will you stand up to your superiors unlike when it was students and Shinners? Or will you continue to be used by the State to maintain "law and order"?

Well I'm sure the Gardai would do so if, like the students and Shinners, they used violence towards Gardai and trespassed to get their point across.

. .or perhaps I am adult enough to know the difference between typing on an internet Forum, and typing statements of evidence.

I dont need your advice there, thanks. Keep it. If I am ever looking for conceited and arrogant advice ill pm you though.

Well boss, don't come crying to us or the GRA (I assume you're not any higher) when you forget that you're not on the internet and you make a typo that results in a child molester getting off scot free. Remember Judge Curtin and how someone had problems with their sums and that made his warrant invalid at the time of the search.

Amazing how it's conceited and arrogant when you don't want to hear...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

What a pathetic attempt at provocation.

+1 All the more surprising coming from a mod. Troll alert!

eroo wrote: »
    Well I'm sure the Gardai would do so if, like the students and Shinners, they used violence towards Gardai and trespassed to get their point across.

Yeh, ever trespasser deserves a good beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Yeh, ever trespasser deserves a good beating.

I see in my previous post I failed to highlight how nobody was beaten up by Gardai. Force was used to move them off the street in a riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

It's an honest question. Good to see you're so easily provoked though.

Im quite sure your only business in the ES forum is to troll the forum.....if this is true then please just stay away and make life easier and more enjoyable for everyone else. You are the first moderator I have ever had to infract not to mind question his/her posting.

Your first contribution to this thread was to ask if a Garda will do his duty.....Yes is the answer.....we dont mind the race/gender/sexist/political/ageism cards that we are dealt.....they are treated alike.

@ Corcioch, ZuppyLurk and parsi in no particular order.....cut the crap out, or i'll cut it for ye. Ye are adults so please act like it.

Discussion people, no need to throw in sly remarks now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

+1 All the more surprising coming from a mod. Troll alert!

A moderator is only such in their own forum, in other forums they are regular users....and as can be seen in post #68, the can and will be infracted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Corcaigh, come on man do not tap the glass, do not feed the troll

As NGA has pointed out quite clearly. It is irrelevant who is standing infront of you. if you turn an actual peaceful protest, the usi march, into a riot, the storming of the dept of finance and throwing of missiles at gardai outside, you can expect a use of force directly back against you.

If you decide to storm another property that you have no right to be on, sf protest monday, you can expect force be used against you. (did anyone else notice that thay got through tthe gate ran a few meters and then did not know what to do. baby goats on ice)

If this were the us and an opposing senate member attempted what o snodaigh done on monday he would be hauled infront of a board of ethics and turfed out in the morning.

but we forget what got us into this moment in time in the 1st place. ireland is too small a country. everyone knows everyone. Everyone has a past and a history in protests of gone by era. all the cops who were there 30 years ago in ballsbridge are retired now and this guy is still trying to fight a carner with a small voice. Do it by all accounts but do it properly and respectfully to those who, no matter who is in control, will be doing the same job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

parsi wrote: »
    Well boss, don't come crying to us or the GRA (I assume you're not any higher) when you forget that you're not on the internet and you make a typo that results in a child molester getting off scot free. Remember Judge Curtin and how someone had problems with their sums and that made his warrant invalid at the time of the search.

Amazing how it's conceited and arrogant when you don't want to hear...

Problem with sums? The problem with that case is that a judge decided to interpret the statute as narrowly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Burnt

I am wondering do Gardai preform after action reports following public order incidents? In particular do these occur at a unit level regarding tactics, and how to avoid escalations?

If you can't or won't answer the question for opsec, that's fair enough.

@ Corcioch, ZuppyLurk and parsi in no particular order.....cut the crap out, or i'll cut it for ye. Ye are adults so please act like it.

Discussion people, no need to throw in sly remarks now and again.

Noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭coach23

Burnt wrote: »
    I am wondering do Gardai preform after action reports following public order incidents? In particular do these occur at a unit level regarding tactics, and how to avoid escalations?

If you can't or won't answer the question for opsec, that's fair enough.

the situation was escalated but not by gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Burnt

coach23 wrote: »
    the situation was escalated but not by gardai

While that maybe be the case, it doesn't answer the question. The question related to avoiding such a scenario.
    It's not specific to the Dáil incident either, more as a general practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭coach23

Burnt wrote: »
    While that maybe be the case, it doesn't answer the question. The question related to avoiding such a scenario.
    It's not specific to the Dáil incident either, more as a general practice.

while i understand that, its important to understand avoiding the scenario would not be in the power of the Gardai but would it would be by the people who CHOOSE to act in a way that turns an excellently organised and very well run peaceful protest in a riotous crowd.

Gardai would obviously debrief after a situation like that but they have no influence over the psyche of a crowd that PLANS an action like they did and as such in almost everything they do are reactionary to what happens

Gardai would always choose to avoid a situation like that but as they didnt cause the situation must react to the situation when others cause it gardai must intervene when it becomes unlawful a doctor intervenes when a patients health is at risk, a teacher likewise if a student was failing and so a garda must when the law is broken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I have not seen the word "situation" used so extensively since I left Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I think the Garda overreacted. The other police were not hitting people. Of course, Sinn Fein are an easy target, although many of them have seen far worse. I doubt the SF td was phased very much by it.

This has made many people very angry with the police. I would hope that protesters will not be motivated to bring weapons with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I think the Garda overreacted. The other police were not hitting people. Of course, Sinn Fein are an easy target, although many of them have seen far worse. I doubt the SF td was phased very much by it.

This has made many people very angry with the police. I would hope that protesters will not be motivated to bring weapons with them.

I don't think there are many people this stupid. If they do bring weapons I think they will find out what the word brutal really means as they will have raised the level of response required. Gardaí will have to come down very hard on anyone with a weapon as well as those around him, if only for the sake of the public.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Hence I said I hope it doesnt happen.

Advertisement