Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gate automation / Electric Gates help

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Hi. Attached are the gates and wiring to each pillar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

proteco advantage is my recommendation here
    although mounting on those pillars might be a problem

http://autogates.ie/page.php?id=113

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

You'd want the FAAC underground opener with the offset arm .

Looks like this

This

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

i intend soon too install an electric gate underground system,there,s alot out there in motor,s, proteco,s e a,allamatic,beninca,which would be most reliable and best??or even none of them???just aquestion on leaving the gates open quite abit as thats ideally what suits us best when we are home,is there any issues with that from the program,motors view point i mean. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kaiser31

Hi, I'm looking for a Daitem D5131 Handset to replace my broken audio intercom handset. Does anyone have one spare please?

Nobbies wrote: »
    i intend soon too install an electric gate underground system,there,s alot out there in motor,s, proteco,s e a,allamatic,beninca,which would be most reliable and best??or even none of them???just aquestion on leaving the gates open quite abit as thats ideally what suits us best when we are home,is there any issues with that from the program,motors view point i mean. thanks.

FAAC ,DITEC, CAME, BFT & LiftMaster
    Are all good brands .
    The gates can be set to be left open but that defeats the purpose of having automatic gates . Guests can buzz the intercom and you can decide to let them in or not or you can give them a fob or code to the keypad

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Homeboy40

Anyone help me... I have automatic sliding gate and it just started to trip two days ago. Can't see any lose wires but the trip switch won't trip back on. Is it possible PCB is blown and where can I get replacement one please.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

evrythink is possible, any photo of the board or motor ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 farmer 3

Hi,
    This is my first time here. My electric gates have started to open by themselves, also they only need to be pushed in to open them. Does anyone know of a reliable repairman? I'm in Dublin 6.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 DKeating

Is there anyway to programme faac 770 to stay open by pulsing remote keyfob ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 g.p.racing

Hello,

I hope someone can help with a problem with my BFT Libra-ma-r double gates.
    A heavy gust of wind blew one of the gates wide open ripping the motor off and pulling cables out of the control box.
    I have bought a replacement motor, fitted it and replaced cables, but neither of the gaes work.
    I have done some checks, there is 24v present at motors,
    Signal from transmitter is being received at control panel and 'start' is visible on screen,
    I have tried a restore, then an autoset, but still nothing.
    Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

DKeating wrote: »
    Is there anyway to programme faac 770 to stay open by pulsing remote keyfob ??

you need remote with 2 buttons and 2 channel receiver, but 100% that your receiver has 1 channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭junospider

I have the faac 770 installed and was working perfectly until a dog pulled off both closing sensors.I have the replacement sensors but cant figure out how to wire them.The instructions that came with the sensors are of no help.Does anyone know what numbers on the control panel connects to the terminals in the sensors.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

I realise this thread is eh...dormant for a while but hopefully somebody might read this! ;-)

Does anybody know if it's possible to use an induction loop with a Fadini Elpro 13 controller board?

E.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

exaisle wrote: »
    I realise this thread is eh...dormant for a while but hopefully somebody might read this! ;-)

Does anybody know if it's possible to use an induction loop with a Fadini Elpro 13 controller board?

E.

I am not familiar with this particular controller.

It will work assuming the following:
    1) The controller accepts a dry contact (generally they do).
    2) The induction loop can provide a dry contact (generally they do).

Am I allowed to say thanks to Des at Liftboy for his invaluable help over the past few weeks and recommend them as a good company to deal with?

If not, mods please delete. BTW I have no connection with Liftboy other than being a satisfied customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nheav

Hi all,

Hopefully someone is still looking at this thread...........
    I've a couple of issues with BFT gates at the mo.

1. I've been trying to programme a remote, however when I go through the process, and press the hidden button, I am then prompted to press the desired button - when I do this I get "ko" displayed on the screen.
    Not sure if this is correct or not, but basically the remote doesn't work after anyway.

2. While trying to programme the remote I think I went into an incorrect menu and pressed something wrong.
    The gates now open probably 3/4 of the way and stop, I need to press the button again to get them to start closing, then press it again to stop then press it a 4th time and they will open fully. They will not close after this though without pressing the button, and then closing it goes through the same process - close 3/4 of the way, before another couple of button presses will get them fully closed.

Anyone any ideas what i've done? and more importantly how I can undo it?

Thanks very much,

N

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LadB

I'm wondering if you can advise. I have FAAC automatic which were forced a little open by a visitor not applying there handbrake and their car rolling into them. They are now closing about 4/5 inches too far and catching on each other when I try to reopen. Is there a way of resetting. They seem to be operating perfect otherwise. ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

Lift the lids of the ground boxes maybe it could be as simple as the mechanical stops were forced out of position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

LadB wrote: »
    I'm wondering if you can advise. I have FAAC automatic which were forced a little open by a visitor not applying there handbrake and their car rolling into them. They are now closing about 4/5 inches too far and catching on each other when I try to reopen. Is there a way of resetting. They seem to be operating perfect otherwise. ?????
    Don't know a lot about FAAC units but if hard stops ok unit may need to be re-trained. I know you can do this on other units

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LadB

Hi
    Thanks Tismesoitis and Needles. It was indeed as simple as mechanical stops were forced out of position. I Just adjusted them and all is perfect. Delighted cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Hi , maybe you can assist.

Facc elec Gates, one leaf not opening,underground motor (faac 770) buzzing like normal but shaft 5not turning even with gate linkage disconnected.
    Swopped capacitors on motors , no fix.
    Removed motor from gearbox some moisture inside dunno how, sealed o ring like new and box drains very well.
    Will a new motor fix it?

I have faac 787452 remotes and a 455d controller. Last week both remotes stopped working. I replaced batteries and reprogrammed both remotes but the remotes only work within about 5 metres and then only when holding the relevant button down for several seconds.
    Any idea what the problem is?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 chuck_g

Bit of a late night thread revival.

Recently a slug and his family decided to go for a wander on my gates pcb, frying the board and themselves. Today myself and a buddy who's a spark installed and eventually programmed a new one.
    I finally have everything working except for the auto close(pause function) which works fine but unfortunately opens the gates automatically instead of closing them.
    The system is a SEA swing 2 dg.

Anyone any ideas?? It's surely something simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭enricoh

chuck_g wrote: »
    Bit of a late night thread revival.

Recently a slug and his family decided to go for a wander on my gates pcb, frying the board and themselves. Today myself and a buddy who's a spark installed and eventually programmed a new one.
    I finally have everything working except for the auto close(pause function) which works fine but unfortunately opens the gates automatically instead of closing them.
    The system is a SEA swing 2 dg.

Anyone any ideas?? It's surely something simple.

Have Sea got technical support you can ring during office hours. Get your spark to ring them while he's at the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

Any recommendations for FAAC installers in the Kerry area? Need to replace 20yr old FAAC automation with new 24V system.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

Hi all,
    Hope someone can help.

During a power cut our Came electric gates where put in manual mode i.e. key open lock on bottom of gates. During the day the power returned and someone tried to open the gates with the fob. The result is that the mechanisms at the bottom have moved but not the gates, which is fine except as the stop is only in place for the gates they the seem to have gone about an inch further than usuals now will not return/close. Is there a way to reset/rewind?
    Perhaps a safety has kicked in?
    They will not move even with force.
    I can hear motor run and feel it get warm at the times it is supposed to open/close but nothing moves

I tried to reset by killing the power at the trip board.

Thanks All!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭poker--addict

continung the trend of keeping this thread alive every few years…

anyone in Meath who can upgrade /reset gates. Only have 2 fobs, no codes. Ideally I’d want the system on the phone if possible.

😎

• Advertisement
Advertisement