Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gate automation / Electric Gates help

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

ok not that so

i think the simplest thing to do is put an isolation switch on the power supply to the gates
    then when the gates open you can turn the power off
    if the cable runs to your fuseboard the electrician can put a switch under it
    other than that a keyswitch beside the control panel at the gates may suffice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 kerryaviva

johnhern wrote: »
    Are BFT the RollsRoyce of automatic motors (subs)....has anyone got experience of Auto Entry Systems
    and their equipment? All the best,,
    i have used there euipment several times and could not fault them padraig is the man u need to talk to.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

If the beam is broken while the gates are closing they stop,reverse and then close again after a certain time.

meercat wrote: »
    i think the simplest thing to do is put an isolation switch on the power supply to the gates

Or get an €80 comlit intercom and a toggle switch easily done yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

Woodie77 wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]DSC00129-1.jpg

Hi,pic of the panel. Hope the link works.

It's FAAC 452 MPS, if you want push to open, push to close, swich off the power and on the black dip-switch on right top corner you need put dip switch 7 to off, 8 to on, 9 to on, 10 to on, don't change dip-switch 1,2,3 they adjust force and don't change dip-switch 11 and 12, and don't change red dip-switch.

woodie77
    if you press the control button when the gates start to close,does this stop the gates and leave them in the stopped position until you press the control button again
    some systems do this
    i would not advise you to alter the wiring unless you are really competent

not in FAAC control panel witch has setting automating close after pause

no it's bad idea, every time when you open the gate and switch off mains and switch on again and when you push button on the remote gate starts opening, not closing. Fuse will be gone quick.
    Or get an €80 comlit intercom and a toggle switch easily done yourself

He need put new wire, connect everything, if you want made this nice and tidy, hide wire, it's no so easy how it can look ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭paddymick

It's FAAC 452 MPS, if you want push to open, push to close, swich off the power and on the black dip-switch on right top corner you need put dip switch 7 to off, 8 to on, 9 to on, 10 to on, don't change dip-switch 1,2,3 they adjust force and don't change dip-switch 11 and 12, and don't change red dip-switch.

+1
    This is the easiest option to go with.

But it really depends on what suits you best. Would you want to keep your gates open frequently or just every now and then if its just every now and then then I would stick with what you are doing by leaving the piece of wood in front of the photocell and keeping your gates on automatic closure.

If you need to keep your gates open frequently then you would be better going with the Step by step option as described by Gate Automation above.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Woodie77

Hey, thanks for your replies, it is only a very odd time we would need to keep gate open, maybe best left as it is and put something in front of sensor to keep gate open

• Advertisement

If you use the method i suggested it would work like you want

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bobric

Hey people, ive been looking around boards and there is no real help thread for this subject so I'm here to help!! If anyone has any questions about gate automation I will do my best to answer them for you.

Hi, I am new and this is my first post, so hope I am in the correct place.
    I have a pair of metal gates that work with a pair of BFT sub motors.
    Winter before last when it was really cold, about minus 15, my neighbour could not get out using the remote and push the gate and I think burst the seals, in one of the motors.
    I have bought a repair kit and I have a hydraulic expert ready to fit and refurb the motor, but I dont know how the get the motor out.
    Can anyone help please?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

Advice on DEA gate automation systems here is anyone needs it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johnhern

If anyone knows of anyone who can work on BFT subs let me know, I have some play in the 2 I have, but its not really hydraulic play as far as I can see, seems to be in the hinging or else where the subs mount to the box they are in.....The crowd that are the agents are off the wall moneywise for repairs......

johnhern wrote: »
    If anyone knows of anyone who can work on BFT subs let me know, I have some play in the 2 I have, but its not really hydraulic play as far as I can see, seems to be in the hinging or else where the subs mount to the box they are in.....The crowd that are the agents are off the wall moneywise for repairs......

a general location might help
    was it tudor engineering you spoke too(they are generally fair enough)
    most automation companies should be able to help you

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KevH

Hi Guys,
    I wonder if anyone can help me..... I've a FAAC JA574 Genius Control Panel for my Electric Gates, The PCB is marked 7PCB452/455.
    The gates wouldn't open the other day, they just remain in the closed position, neither the Fob, Keypad or bypass button open the gates...

The power is fine, fuses are fine, the "Stop" LED in the panel is on and the "DL10" LED is on.... I noticed that the photocells which are set up as single closing weren't lit as they should be.
    I found the 24v positive supply is fine but the negitive seems to be dodgy....on terminal 19, I would be expecting a negitive (0v) but am getting 22v, I linked the cable to a negative and the photocells lit up and you can hear them switching as expected but still the gates are not opening.

I was getting some other dodgy readings like terminals 13-18 = 4v , 12-19 = 22v, no loose connections evident......I'm thinking it may be the PCB ...... any ideas guys...?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭peterc14

Jumping on this thread as opposed to open another...

I had a power line run from the house down to the entrance gates when house was built but did not run any other lines (ie cat5/6 etc).

Is it possible to have automatic gates with just this powerline - will it be possible to have an intercom?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

peterc14 wrote: »
    Jumping on this thread as opposed to open another...

I had a power line run from the house down to the entrance gates when house was built but did not run any other lines (ie cat5/6 etc).

Is it possible to have automatic gates with just this powerline - will it be possible to have an intercom?

Daitem wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

Jnealon wrote: »
    Daitem wireless

i don't rate wireless intercoms at all,grand in the short term but can be problematic much better off get a swa comms cable installed and go with a hired unit. diatem is probably the best of the bunch but pricey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 paud_c

Hi guys need some help!
    I'm planning on installing an faac s418, the kit comes with the E024S control board (which has a battery back up option). My question is, is it possible to power the board with a solar/battery pack system, and if so, how?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 igs2013

Mod Edit, Igs2013 advertising on boards is not free. please read the charter. You are free to post advice but not offer your services. As you are new here we will let this pass but we are instructed to ban you if this happens again.

Welcome to boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 igs2013

Mod Edit, Igs2013 advertising on boards is not free. please read the charter. You are free to post advice but not offer your services. As you are new here we will let this pass but we are instructed to ban you if this happens again.

Welcome to boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Hi.
    I am looking to install or have install gate automation. The gates are solid wood and I am open to sel install or have installed for me. All wiring is at the gates. I just need prices and costs for an appropriate system . Pm if you need to.
    Based in mayo.

Hi.
    I am looking to install or have install gate automation. The gates are solid wood and I am open to sel install or have installed for me. All wiring is at the gates. I just need prices and costs for an appropriate system . Pm if you need to.
    Based in mayo.

Anyone??

Can you post a picture of the gates and all wiring .

Can you post a picture of the gates and all wiring .

The pair are 6 ft by 4 ft each.
    Wiring is 7 core multicore swa cable from home to each pillar and cat 5 e outdoor cable to each gate. From home .

Can you please post a picture of the pillars and where the wiring comes from .

They are wooden so cheapest would be overground rams or articulated arms . They are strong .

Can you please post a picture of the pillars and where the wiring comes from .

They are wooden so cheapest would be overground rams or articulated arms . They are strong .
    Will post actual but away from home at the moment. Strength I'd my concern due to wind. It is not an exposed area but as they are wooden I fear the worst for underground system.
    The only problem with rams or arms is that both pillars are built from natural stone.

Have you a budget in mind ?

• Advertisement

Have you a budget in mind ?

Not at the moment. To be honest.

Advertisement