Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unions back civil unrest

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

mloc wrote: »
    If the union leaders are inciting illegal behavior, they should be arrested.

so should the bankers and politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭lexluther

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I bought an AK-47 today ... off a Union man. Seriously they're selling them down on Abbey Street, not too far from Liberty Hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

The Revolution is upon us comrades....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

I'm as unhappy as the next person with the way the country is being run.

But 'civil disobedience' to bring down the government?
    Surely simple protest, to bring down the government, would be more appropriate?

From what I understand, civil disobedience is what a population might do when their government is oppressing their rights, and it involves the people breaking the law.

I know FF failing to hold the by-elections is borderline stuff; but the fact remains there has been no widespread popular protest in Ireland. There have been some protests, but its not a huge percentage of the population in the streets.

Considering the lack of popular protest, is it right for a minority interest group to try and bring down the government?

Surely they should organise popular protest, first? If they can't get support for popular protest, then is it right for them to try and bring down the government by breaking the law?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

steddyeddy wrote: »
    well I do think civil unrest will follow, i dont want it to but I think it will

I've been sayin this amongst friends for a while now too

and if it's ever going to happen it will over the next few days

Advertisement