Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition: Variations on a theme 6 (The Box)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I meant as organiser of the competition, not as a contributor. There are people here who I'd consider much more regular contributors to the forum and who are more established members who I'd think might deserve first refusal... I wasn't clear in my post.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If we could get enough participants (and this is very much pie in the sky given the dates in question) we could do some sort of 12 days of Christmas thing where everyone gets a day, drawn at random, and has to incorporate e.g. 10 lords a leaping into his or her story. I think a shorter limit of about 750 words might suit this if it were possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Phantasos

Number 3 seems to have the (BO)X Factor this time around.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Finished reading the VOAT 6 entries?
    Looking for another hit of action with Ann's box? ;)
    Why not check out this thread, and leave a review there too? :D

Looking for another hit of action with Ann's box? ;)

I totally should have made Ann into a lesbian with a sex and alcohol addiction. I can see it now, waking up hungover and seeing a naked woman she can't recognise in her bed, her boss ringing to see where the hell she is....

Opportunity well and truly missed. :(

EDIT: I guess they'll have to be passed out on the table to keep in with the brief. But still...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

If we could get enough participants (and this is very much pie in the sky given the dates in question) we could do some sort of 12 days of Christmas thing where everyone gets a day, drawn at random, and has to incorporate e.g. 10 lords a leaping into his or her story. I think a shorter limit of about 750 words might suit this if it were possible.

I'm in! Even if we only get six, we could have two each - totally dependent on interest, obviously.

I feel a bit like an over-excited child at the moment where VOAT is concerned! I just want something to work towards, I guess.

Can we do another Flash in the new year please?

Fierce shortage of votes so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll vote over the weekend. I haven't forgotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

I thought we might leave it open for once- just a general theme of 'A Christmas Story' and let everyone choose their own idea, that way the writer's true voice can emerge IYKWIM.

But either way, we'd better make up our minds soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

Fierce shortage of votes so far.

I'm planning on reading them all at the weekend and voting on Saturday/Sunday when I have time.

I had noticed that there seems to be very little interest in voting this time through though.

• Advertisement

Yeah, VOAT needs lots of voting and feedback for it to work successfully. Otherwise it becomes a ghost thread for unloved stories. :(

Though, it's obvious we had a clear winner in Story 3.

Weekend voting might make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

At the risk of everyone being utterly sick of me... any interest in doing a christmas story?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I would have loved to do it but my time for the next week is too scarce. Out, Im afraid.

I don't see it being much of a goer at this stage, to be honest. They'd all just involve death and depression anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

Well no harm if somebody wants to start a thread for Christmas themed stories and other people can contribute :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

And you could always stipulate that noone is allowed to die in them. :)

Advertisement