Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

australian police

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

well it is a rumour, so doesnt need grounds really.

im not sure if the police forces offer that visa. i think thats one for ordinary joe employer, i will get the name of the scheme that the police forces use and post for you......

im sure that if you dont fulfill your employer sponsored visa you will have your visa revoked and youll be an illegal alien and shipped home when found out.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

ok just have the bit of paper in front of me here

the ENS 121/856 of which you speak is for skilled workers. police officers are not viewed as skilled workers and police officers are not listed on the essential skills list

police forces however are approved sponsors and would sponsor you under the regional sponsored migration scheme (subclass 119/857) this applies to SA, NT, WA and Taz but not for NSW or VIC (not sure how exactly they sponsor you but they cannot issue a ENS 121/856 as police officers are not considered skilled workers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Yes if they are state sponsored under that visa they would be in breach.

Unless of course they resigned after two years and that would be considered "not taking up the post"

However if this was mythbusters I think the rumour would be considered busted.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eaglebhoy

Just thought I'd add here that WAPOL are International Recruiting again, both UK and Irish Police as per their recruiting website www.stepforward.wa.gov.au

There are some stringent conditions at the moment however, the obvious one being having to be in WA sometime during September for testing and getting all your application stuff together and submitted by midnight Monday 27th August ! At least they've started it again :-)

Do you reckon many Gardai will go for it if they extend it further ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭pah

eaglebhoy wrote: »

Do you reckon many Gardai will go for it if they extend it further ?

:D Yes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Short notice to get to Aus by September though. :D

http://www.stepforward.wa.gov.au/entry-pathways/international.html

According to this they are considering another drive and they will visit London.

However the short notice will possibly catch out a Lot of applicants especially the requirement to travel to Oz.

The future London venues could be swamped with UK Applicants. If your ****s together and this interests you a few weeks in Perth could be just the ticket you could see if you like the place an all.
    Applicants must :
    • be in Western Australia for assessment at the WA Police Academy in September 2012
    • be current serving police officers or have ceased service within the last 18 months
    • have between 3 – 7 years service in a frontline policing role
    • be under the age of 50 years
    • possess a Diploma of Policing or equivalent
    • hold a current manual Motor Driver’s Licence
    • be physically fit and capable of passing the WA Police physical performance evaluation
    • meet the WA Police vision requirement - Applicants are required to have a minimum uncorrected visual acuity of 6/30 in each eye. Outside this range, an assessment of their circumstances will be conducted on a case by case basis, however as a minimum applicants must be able to meet the corrected visual acuity standard of 6/6 binocularly or 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in the other when wearing soft contact lenses
    • meet immigration requirements as a person nominated by WA Police for employment
    • be available to commence a transitional academy course in early 2013

Be warned Perth is a little expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tommy O'Cruise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Be warned Perth is a little expensive[/QUOTE]

From what I'm hearing from folks recently back from Australia the whole country has become very expensive , not the case when I was there but that was a looonng time ago.

All true sadly.

Saying that it is relative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Delancey wrote: »
    Is Australian Citizenship not a pre-requisite to join an Aussie force ?

Most likely they will sponsor, I have meet quiet a few from both The Garda and the UK Police force that (which will require a min of 2 years in the job)were recruited to WA. Most have now left and have now secured jobs in the mining sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Delancey wrote: »
    Be warned Perth is a little expensive

From what I'm hearing from folks recently back from Australia the whole country has become very expensive , not the case when I was there but that was a looonng time ago.[/QUOTE]

a little expensive. Its outrageously expensive.......:mad:

Sorry now but didn't see a new thread or anything anywhere so......

They've totally changed the terms again, for the better I'm delighted to say, the ridiculous 'only 3 to 7 years service' requirement is gone, woohoo !

To make it easiest I'll just say go to the following if interested:

http://www.stepforward.wa.gov.au/entry-pathways/international.html

However frustratingly, unless I'm reading it wrong, it seems that you can only apply by snail mail this time and the closing date is 29th May or next Wednesday which surely is impossible at his stage ? Anyone know ? Anyone else made enquiries to them lately ?

I'm raging as I only saw it today ! I wouldn't mind but I checked it about 3 weeks ago and it hadn't changed so I can't believe it, just hope I can get in somehow, gaaaahhhh !

(Bump)

Oh dear, has everyone given up on this already ?

Is all your stuff ready to go now? As in could it be scanned and emailed and posted from Oz?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

I'm surprised they won't take online application of printed/scanned forms. Hopefully you'll make it in time Eagleboy!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

WA police opening international recruitment again from UK and Ireland. 3-10 years service. Applications before April 6th.

www.stepforward.wa.gov.au

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

WA police opening international recruitment again from UK and Ireland. 3-10 years service. Applications before April 6th.

www.stepforward.wa.gov.au

Good luck to all in AGS who apply.

I wish these opportunities existed for FIRE.

I would love to get my kids the hell outta here to a place where real opportunities exist.

Young Guards would be mad not to apply

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm tempted again, but my fear of everything in Oz wanting to kill me is stopping me. And that's just the flora and fauna!! Not to mention giant killer spiders! *shudder*

I suppose i don't want to be leaving the state pay for my mortgage either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

It means a journey to London for psychometric tests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭pah

Serious consideration being given here

anyone know any ES forums in Oz for a bit of info. google not my friend

Posted 3hours ago
    WA Police are currently accepting applications from serving UK and Republic of Ireland Police Officers with up to 10 years policing service who might be interested in frontline policing roles in Western Australia.

Assessments will be conducted in London and successful applicants will be nominated by WA Police for permanent residency visas. Visit www.stepforward.wa.gov.au for more information.

Applications are to be submitted by email and close on 6 April 2014 so be quick!

Advertisement