Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night owl or insomniac?!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

I've gone from my username to dalmane and I still can't sleep:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

I was in a terrible cycle where I couldn't sleep at night, staying up till 6 am for no reason, then only waking up at 4 and 5 in the day, my body clock was all over the place, and I hated it, worst feeling in the world goin to sleep when its dark an waking up when its starting to get dark, my solution was, force myself to stay awake for 24, hours, have a 2 hour sleep, then wake up, do a few things and then go back to bed about 11, that night. Think I woke up then about 5 am but stayed awake till the next night, and tried to keep doin it.. Now I'm in a nice routine of goin to bed at 11, or 12, and waking up at around 7 or 8 in the mornings and I feel great now, :D a lot more things can be done during the day, and eating patterns are fixed too, instead of eating stupid things at 4 am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Insomniac and its starting to get out of hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Well I'm very cynical as you know Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Insomniac... :(

My eyes are half closed, I need coffee

zzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Can you go in to detail about your insomnia.
    I find it hard to sleep so I have 2 tablets I take that make me tired (more dizzy than tired).
    2 nights ago i got 3-4 hours sleep. Tired druing the day and then come 0000 when I try to sleep again I just lye there for hours bored - so i get up and try again and eventually I can sleep. Endless cycle.

I know this magic too. It's very special.

I can't take sleeping tablets. I tried to sleep at about half 2 last night, and was awake from about 5 till 8 in the morning. I am a zombie today :(
    krudler wrote: »
    Sex is a great cure for insomnia, that happy, content, dozy feeling you get afterwards, and if you dont have anyone to do it with... well, use your imagination..

I have the tools! They work for a while at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i am a night owl!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Night Owl, everyone I live with is in bed by 11 and it's from 11pm - 3am that my brain works at it's best, In the morning I start work at 10am and don't start to feel awake until about 11:30am. I also find that whatever time I go to bed at getting up in the morning is always hell

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

i am a night owl. i only have 1 life so i want to spend every moment i can enjoying it and so i spend as little time asleep as i can. i will never understand people who sleep 12+ hours every day

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭smck99

so eh, who won last person standing?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

smck99 wrote: »
    so eh, who won last person standing?!?
    You just get up?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I've been working on college stuff from about 9pm last night straight through til now, I have a lecture at 9 though so may take a power nap and get back to it then!

Advertisement