Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Did some more pixel art:

NewBitmapImage7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

And thats what it's all about right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Nearly finished the above ground portion of my castle! This is taking AGES!

I can give you loads more stone when I'm home later

Thanks, there is a chest up in the top floor.

I need to finish the roof, and stick battlements around the top.

Then comes the dungeons =P

I think what I'm going to do is create a prison, with a redstone switch that opens all the doors at once, there will also be a secret escape passage that will bring you to the hill behind the keep (That will eventually also contain a forest.)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Go to my Marina, there's a chest in there with about 300/400 stone

Go to my Marina, there's a chest in there with about 300/400 stone

Thanking you, I'll nick it after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I wonder if Boards.ie's servers have the grunt needed....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

We have, I think at last count, 16 machines in our rack ;) However, the thought of putting un-secure alpha code on anything in that rack makes me shudder.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Kharn wrote: »
    We have, I think at last count, 16 machines in our rack ;) However, the thought of putting un-secure alpha code on anything in that rack makes me shudder.

Is it any consolation that it runs on Java? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Too much TNT and we could take the whole of boards down with us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Guys we could probably all chip in a couple of quid and get a VPS, run the thing on that? I presume the server app isn't graphical?

Guys we could probably all chip in a couple of quid and get a VPS, run the thing on that? I presume the server app isn't graphical?

It's not graphical at all, and yeah we could. I don't mind chipping a few euro in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'd be happy to.

Can I get the new IP Tallon?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

What kind of specs would we need?

Anything will run it fine, you just need a good upload speed

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Hey so I've been wondering for a while now, how come some people readily have access to a lot of gold/diamond bricks, or neather bricks. Is is simply admin/mod privileges?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Hey so I've been wondering for a while now, how come some people readily have access to a lot of gold/diamond bricks, or neather bricks. Is is simply admin/mod privileges?

It's (ab)using the server "give" command.

I was mining for gold for hours and managed to get a measily 40 blocks. Used the admin command to get more. Don't see the problem as long as it's not abused, as Venom has just pointed out. I have privalges but only used it to get gold, haven't used it for any other means. I prefer hard work tbh :D

Haha, how is it abusing? It's part of the MP options. it's built into the game

I'm the same as Cherryghost, I clear so much land that I have loads of soil and stone so no need for the command.

I only use it to help people or fill up the communal boxes for people with things like Diamond picks and torches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

and i just use it because i can.

Tallon wrote: »
    Haha, how is it abusing? It's part of the MP options. it's built into the game

I'm the same as Cherryghost, I clear so much land that I have loads of soil and stone so no need for the command.

I only use it to help people or fill up the communal boxes for people with things like Diamond picks and torches

The Konami Code was built into Contra, does that mean using it is not cheating?

Your joking, right?

This game is still in development

Tallon wrote: »

This game is still in development

What has that got to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Oh right, silly me, I was trying to use the specific spawning commands from a previous server using a particular mod. Didn't know there was a standard give command. Derp.

So, is there a list of spawnable blocks? I've noticed I'm unable to pick up cloth from sheep, and I've seen people placing the green tree blocks on different servers.

The Konami Code was built into Contra, does that mean using it is not cheating?

Real men don't use the Konami code.

In MP minecraft the only real thing to do is build so it's not really cheating. Instead of spending hours on mining it's much better to just create the rare stuff. Also when making my crystal maze I lost some much sand and coal because of lag and the furnaces not working that the only way I got it done was asking for glass from the admins.

I'm sure if we ever do a survival server when it's implemented there will be no cheating but for a building MP one I don't see a problem.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

tbh, I can see no harm in having a communal "make your diamond tools here" box and workbench beside a spawn in area, it just means you can get straight down to business if you're running the sort of server where you have communal builds etc.

What has that got to do with it?

Building mega structures is the best way to test the game for bugs etc so thats why these commands are in it.

When the MP is finished, Notch will be taking out the commands as standard and having them as mods only.

There are a lot of things wrong with MP, I.E. Boats not working, minecarts not working, not being able to die, not being able to kill animals etc

When the game is finished, then you can call it cheating!

you could always use the iconomy mod. Basically coins are added, admin block privilages are ripped off, and auctions are held on blocks in question. Makes for very interesting gameplay, and also motivates people to mine for rare ores in large amounts :D

• Advertisement

I would love nothing better than to have creepers in MP and be able to die etc. It would make for very interesting online games.

But, alas, we will have to wait until the game is finished

Advertisement