Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing your food

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

not a burger as no eat da meat, homos do, Hmm I might hand it over angrily :p
    shared icecream loads of times, only got cooties once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

You just wouldn't really though.

You seem to be forgetting that TarAldarion is looking after her sexually attractive female figure and so does not tend towards self-indulgence.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

*curtsy*

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Fly High

In my experience it's more a guy thing to be so freaked out by sharing food, I know loads of guys that get really pissed off when asked to share their food... Maybe it's some primal thing... Does anyone agree?

I don't really care so much, share the wealth and all that... Nothing like someone else's chips! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

not a burger as no eat da meat, homos do, Hmm I might hand it over angrily :p
    shared icecream loads of times, only got cooties once

Oh sorry your a veggy. My mistake, i thought you were a proper human.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

*curtsy*
    Cute.

just a superhuman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

It would depend a lot on the setting, Say for example

Me and a few of my Friends are out to Dinner somewhere reasonably nice, We each order something different from the menu, then yeah, We each share a bite of one and othes food to see what its like

Now Imagine I'm in Maccers havin a Big mac meal and some random skanger comes over and eats one of me chips, he's gettin a kick in the stones.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Would share food with my husband but that would be it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Louise~ wrote: »
    In my experience it's more a guy thing to be so freaked out by sharing food, I know loads of guys that get really pissed off when asked to share their food... Maybe it's some primal thing... Does anyone agree?

My OH doesn't like to share with anyone but me, but mostly from a hygiene POV :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

I'll share anything really crisps, burger, ice-cream. It doesn't really have an ick factor for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Often share stuff with the lads in work I'm good friends with, we would have no problem taking a fork of food off each other's plates or picking out something nice with our hand. Even without asking sometimes :D

No problem giving or talking a mouthful of a drink either.

do you share a bed too???;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

anniehoo wrote: »
    I share an office with 2 other guys and a few times a week one of them eats a banana in the afternoon...and every single time offers me some.

He wants to jump your bones OP. Ask him if he'd like some of your kebab

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

In india everybody shares everybodies food at lunch, leads to good eatin

And possibly food poisoning!:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I used to hate touching anything anybody had bitten before me (like even girlfriends!) but these days someone will offer me a piece of a cookie or chocolate bar as so long as they have good dental and personal hygiene ill take a bite no bother. Within reason, I'd have to know them etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Dont mind sharing food except when its my diner. Then I might bite you.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Seaneh wrote: »
    I used to hate touching anything anybody had bitten before me (like even girlfriends!)

people have bitten your girlfriends?!?!?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

OP is being very naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Confab wrote: »
    OP is being very naive.
    The last thing i am is naive! Its me with the over active imagination, not him!If you knew this guy you'd know it was harmless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Archeron wrote: »
    Yes, we share everything in my office. If I have an icepop, then all 33 of us in the office get one suck each, then it starts again at the beginning til all you have left is the orange stick.
    One office groups orange stick is another cleaning crews lunch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

FatherLen wrote: »
    people have bitten your girlfriends?!?!?:eek:

I have been in relationships with some REALLY messed up women, so it's entirely possible (Infact, I know for a FACT that one of them likes to be bitten!).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't get this, I really don't. I'll order what I want, and I'll eat it. If you want a little bit of everything, then order that. No, I don't want to get two main courses and share them - I know what I want, I don't want that other gammy course; if I wanted it, I'd order it. If you think that five of the dishes look great, then order five of the dishes.

Or how about this - the restaurant will still be here next week - order one thing tonight, then come back and try something else the next time. I know, it's a controversial idea, but it just might work.

Fnck off and eat your own food! :mad:

Tapas doesn't work for me. I order three small dishes and then gobble them up. Don't get this sharing nonsense, picking at food while you talk away. YOUR FOOD IS GETTING COLD AND GROSS. STFU AND EAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

seamus wrote: »
    I don't get this, I really don't. I'll order what I want, and I'll eat it. If you want a little bit of everything, then order that. No, I don't want to get two main courses and share them - I know what I want, I don't want that other gammy course; if I wanted it, I'd order it. If you think that five of the dishes look great, then order five of the dishes.
    It works in other countries, going to a Chinese in Spain will mean you get a plate of food that would feed two people easily, In a group of people it's not a problem to share it all out, meal usually comes out at €10 a head. Same goes for local Spanish restaurants. I went to a local Spanish restaurant with a Spanish family and the guy just walked in the door and said bring everything. No body got the chance to order anything but got to try everything.

When your paying for a weeks shopping to get one plate of food in this country you don't want to give up or share any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

When it comes to eating in a restaurant i will permitt one or more people to try my dish. But in my own time. If my chosen meal is pretty delicious i will protect it with vigour & closely ration taste samples.
    However should my selected dish reveal itself to be quite bland or even unpleasant, my generosity with quadruple in a heartbeat. Naturally this sly kindness will be ricprocated & thus i eat a considerable amount of everyone elses food all the time chuckling in admiration of my crafty plan.

So here it is.

Excellent plate of food - move that fork any closer & i'll stab you with it.
    Not a great choice - sure jaysus be gora, will yiz not try mine? its super. Whats yours like?........:)

seamus wrote: »

Or how about this - the restaurant will still be here next week - order one thing tonight, then come back and try something else the next time. I know, it's a controversial idea, but it just might work.

Fnck off and eat your own food! :mad:

Tapas doesn't work for me. I order three small dishes and then gobble them up. Don't get this sharing nonsense, picking at food while you talk away. YOUR FOOD IS GETTING COLD AND GROSS. STFU AND EAT.

you're gf/wife must love you, don't you get the whole woman not buying anything because she is going to eat half of yours anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

you're gf/wife must love you, don't you get the whole woman not buying anything because she is going to eat half of yours anyway :p
    She knows the rules. I usually order a little bit more for her to eat, but she has to ask first.

I am interested in your training and wish to apply for your course. :p

I would hate that though, I love sharing meals and basically getting two meals that you love mmm, especially indian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

I ask before I get my stuff ready if anyone wants some. If they ask after that point or while I am eating it means trouble.
    Good youtube clip there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I always ask before I even taste my food first, if they say no and then change their minds later I tell them to fùck off!!............I'm gorging at the moment!

The G/F is brutal, she's not fat at all but she's like a machine for food. I had a long ass day at work and didn't get a chance to eat anything at lunch from being too busy. Anyways I buy a Chicago Town pizza (the big fùckers) to treat myself.

As I'm waiting for this delicious pizza to be cooked she talks about the big-ass dinner she had and all the sweets and chocolate she stuffed her face with that day. Her incessant talk is making me want to pull the pizza out and eat it raw, but I resist.

Anyways, pizza's ready, I chop it up into 4 big slices, sit down to enjoy my big sweaty meal at last when I notice her looming over me.

Her: "Can I have a slice??"
    Me: ................
    Her: *puppy eyes*
    Me: *Mouth stuffed with pizza* "Are juu fuchin kidding meh? Dish is dee only fuchin thing I've eaten all dhay and JUU WANT TO FHUCIN EAT IT!?!"
    Her: *sad face*
    Me: *realising it's between a pizza slice or no sex tonight* Ohhhhh...............go on!
    Her: Yay!! *OM NOM NOM NOM*

I felt somehow unsatisfied after I ate it knowing I only had 3 slices of pizza.....................I was especially unsatisfied when I got no sex that night :mad:

Advertisement