Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing your food

Options
  • 17-11-2010 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

I share an office with 2 other guys and a few times a week one of them eats a banana in the afternoon...and every single time offers me some. I find stupid things funny anyway, but i just think this is the funniest thing ever!!! Who shares a banana ffs??? Id offer crisps, a packet of sweets...but a banana?! The worse thing is he offers me some, starts munching it in front of me goin "hmmm...are you sure?".

Am i losin it?Im trying to not burst out laughin here while hes munchin away.Do you share food no matter what it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Archeron

Yes, we share everything in my office. If I have an icepop, then all 33 of us in the office get one suck each, then it starts again at the beginning til all you have left is the orange stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

In-YOUR-end-oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Does he want you to eat the banana from one end while he eats from the other with the promise of seeing what happens when you both get to the middle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

I try to let as many people as possible have some of my yoghurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Sure he's not taking the piss Op? :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

its worse when people ask for somthing you dont want to share.
    i know a lad who always asks for a bite of somthing.

id be enjoying a roll and then "gives a bite a dat".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

he saying "do you want to taste my banana" work it out op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Hate it when people just take a chip off your plate when they have gotten something healthy. **** off and and get your own!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TOOYOUNGTODIE

i dont share food. period

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Ooh matron ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Joey doesn't share food!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

What's with people in their office jobs not doing any bloody work...
    Oh wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

The only thing i would share is a bag of sweets or ask someone if they wanted a chewing gum if there breath smelled lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

OP can i offer you a salad with "Johnn's Own" creamy dressing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

That wasn't a banana, Dougal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

OP offer him some of your pie, although make sure it doesn't have any fish in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

seanbmc wrote: »
    Sure he's not taking the piss Op? :pac:.
    I swear hes genuinely just "sharing" nothing weird behind it. Hes in his 60s and totally harmless. But im the one with the manky mind and think what Pete posted..which also makes me laugh and slightly feel sick at the same time lol!
    OutlawPete wrote: »
    Ooh matron ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i dont share food. period

Why would anyone share period :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Crips - hold your hand out & i will dispense a few crips into it. (yes i refuse to say crisps) but you shall not place your possibly feaces contaminated hand in the bag to snatch-a-snack.
    Can of coke - your a dirty dog if you even ask. Thats a no. Girlfriend/very attractive girl; go on then...
    Mars bar - sit n spin mo-fo. F off.
    Chips - take one but make sure your paws are clean. Keep away from the portion of curry though.
    Frozen treat ie; magnum/ hb feast - don't even look at me.
    Chinese/indian curry - i won't share but if i have any left when im finished you can have it. Peasant.
    Soup - you want a slap? Increbibly i was once asked for a slurp of a bowl of soup. Student days. I said no.
    Pint of beer - c'mon you know what the answer is.
    Burger - don't be dizzgusting. Nae nae never. Thats just unhygenic.

• Advertisement

Often share stuff with the lads in work I'm good friends with, we would have no problem taking a fork of food off each other's plates or picking out something nice with our hand. Even without asking sometimes :D

No problem giving or talking a mouthful of a drink either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I used to work with someone who regularly asked for half my sandwich/ salad plate/ pasta/ soup :eek: & once asked for a sup of my coffee.

She is a manky bitch that could never take a hint because I never offered her any food even after she asked. I think she had a phobia about spending money, particularly on necessities like food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

If I'm hungry, drunk, tired, upset or hormonal just FECK OFF! I will bite and have bitten on occasion...just be warned!

I'm usually one of those at all times! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

No i do not share my food :(

People just never eat your food right, last time i shared my milkybar, the milkybar kid came back be-headed! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭J2D2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

It's a jail thing.
    People in jail share all their food. So when they get out, it's a hard habit to break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

anniehoo wrote: »
    I share an office with 2 other guys and a few times a week one of them eats a banana in the afternoon...and every single time offers me some. I find stupid things funny anyway, but i just think this is the funniest thing ever!!! Who shares a banana ffs??? Id offer crisps, a packet of sweets...but a banana?! The worse thing is he offers me some, starts munching it in front of me goin "hmmm...are you sure?".

Am i losin it?Im trying to not burst out laughin here while hes munchin away.Do you share food no matter what it is?

Food yes, heroin no.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Will share anything. wouldn't really offer a banana off hand though heh.
    In india everybody shares everybodies food at lunch, leads to good eatin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

Will share anything. wouldn't really offer a banana off hand though heh.
    In india everybody shares everybodies food at lunch, leads to good eatin

Same with the Arabs or with tapas in Spain. Dip the fingers in, and I just trust everyone has washed their hand. I don't dwell on it.

I love the communal aspect to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Will share anything.

You just wouldn't really though. Your hungry & your chomping on a tasty burger & your mate says here!...givizz (/gets slightly sick in mouth) abera dat? lunging with gnashing teeth in your direction.
    Your going to happily hand your grub over? Possibly even politely humming as you place it in his claw-like hand? Even though your so enraged by the request in your head your screaming no no noooooooo.... gouging your thumbs into your eyes?

Not going to happen. Well for me anyway. I'l offer chips but not a food item that requires direct oral contact.<(pun) Seriously, its not hygenic.

Frozen treats, burgers, kebabs are a double no no. Any delicious handheld savoury or sweet food product is personal to you.

Would you share an ice cream?

Advertisement