Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Nice, Too Easy?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The worst part of it all is that they enable separation, providing the illusion of contact while amplifying absence.

I love that, metro. I may even quote that sometime (apart from above, obviously!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unepetite

Remember the days of no texting, no facebook, no answering machines. The phone rang or it didn't and there was none of this neurosis of over communication. I don't mean that disparagingly of OP, but seriously, WTF has become of us?

The worst part of it all is that they enable separation, providing the illusion of contact while amplifying absence.

I'd thank this a million times if I could. Articulates exactly my feeling on the matter. Texting, whilst masquerading as a form of communication, is simply a method of avoiding communication. Speaking as someone who suffered a hell of a lot of SMS heartache; you cannot allow this to be set as a precedent at the start of any relationship. Personally, I know I will be categorically telling boys from now on that texting simply will not cut it. If you want to talk to me, talk to me. Face to face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

In my anecdotal limited experience, girls really are the worst for text relationships though. Amount of girls I've 'met'(HAH) who'd text you every minute of every day but find an excuse to never ever do anything.. Ridonculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Took it upon myself to text him yesterday afternoon, "hey stranger, u alive?"
    to which he replied about 2 hrs later "hey honey sorry for not texting you i've been out on the piss the past few nights, whats up?" to which I replied an hr later just asking how the nights went etc to which he replied "we went to x club and it was sh*t ha here i'll text u later have class now".

I never received a text later, again. :(

The only thing that's mis leading is the way he calls me all these quirky names like honey and sweetie etc, and he gives me a lot more x's than he used to do when we first started seeing each other!

Btw we're both aged 20 and we've only been seeing each other for about a month...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    to which he replied about 2 hrs later "hey honey sorry for not texting you i've been out on the piss the past few nights, whats up?" to which I replied an hr later just asking how the nights went etc to which he replied "we went to x club and it was sh*t ha here i'll text u later have class now".

The only thing that's mis leading is the way he calls me all these quirky names like honey and sweetie etc, and he gives me a lot more x's than he used to do when we first started seeing each other!

Btw we're both aged 20 and we've only been seeing each other for about a month...

Being on the piss doesn't mean he's too busy to text you in fairness...do you want to be with a guy that talks like that? he sounds like an immature little sh!thead, you can do better.

I'd say forget about him and go and enjoy your 20's. I've been in relationships most of my adult life and I say go and enjoy your single life while you can, there's time for relationships in a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Honey, sweetie and xxx mean SFA if he can't be arsed texting you. Any random stranger on a night out could call you sweetie.

He's not interested, he has you on the side of his nights out, just forget about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

bluewolf wrote: »
    Honey, sweetie and xxx mean SFA if he can't be arsed texting you. Any random stranger on a night out could call you sweetie.

He's not interested, he has you on the side of his nights out, just forget about him.

Yeah... the man in the deli where I would get my coffee every morning would call me sweetie. Big wow.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Meh, i'd leave him be now if I were you. You made the effort and got in touch, let him follow through now.

And all that introspection as to how many X's will drive you bananas, please try and not read into it.

What's important is how he treats you, not what pet names he's bestowed upon you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I think you may also be fretting over a guy too early. 6 weeks isn't a long time. Especially considering he hasn't really contacted you in the last week. So that's 5. Not even time to have the exclusivity talk. He's probably moved onto his next conquest and so should you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Number deleted, ugh :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Chin up girl. :)

Well done, it sucks but no-one needs the head fcukage.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

just read this now had a sneaking suspicion you were being 'phased out' alright happens to us all just wish they would have the guts to say they arent interested rather than keeping you in hold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

No need for the sad face. As far as I can see, you came out on top. You identified that he wasn't being too nice, gave him one more chance and then, when it became obvious that it was a bit of a waste of time, you took a strong stance and put the whole thing behind you. Well done, I say! Onwards and upwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

No need for the sad face. As far as I can see, you came out on top. You identified that he wasn't being too nice, gave him one more chance and then, when it became obvious that it was a bit of a waste of time, you took a strong stance and put the whole thing behind you. Well done, I say! Onwards and upwards!

I wish i could do the same:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I wish i could do the same:(

It's hard to make choices like that sometimes. Sometimes it can feel like you're breaking your own heart. But you learn and grow from it and you come back so much stronger. Every setback is an opportunity for a comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭wildlifeman

"I'm 5"8 and I'm 12st." hmmmm probably why he didnt txt you back...

"I'm 5"8 and I'm 12st." hmmmm probably why he didnt txt you back...

Enjoy your week's holiday from The Ladies Lounge.

And as this is an old thread and nothing but foolishness has been added to it today courtesy of wildlifeman I'm going to lock it.

Maple.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement