Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Opening

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

kilburn wrote: »
    Happy little feet i think it is called opening up in Grove Island shopping centre

Whats that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

By the looks of the sign I think its a kids shoe shop cant be certain though they are kitting it out at the minute and have the windows blacked out

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Has anyone moved into the empty building at the entrance to Parkway Retail Park yet? It seemed to be designed for a fast food chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Has anyone moved into the empty building at the entrance to Parkway Retail Park yet? It seemed to be designed for a fast food chain.

Discussed here many times. BBs had their eyes on it at one stage but economic circumstances, im sure changed their mind.

Can't imagine it would be too busy outside of Friday/Sat/Bank Hols.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Looks like some sort of restaurant/takeaway will be opening in Henry Street in the near future. Appears to be the old plant hire shop up by Limerick Post office.
    the change of use from retail unit to restaurant and change of signage
    Development Address: 33 Henry Street, Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

There's a new milkshake shop, Lulu's, open on Cruises St. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Cherrycoke wrote: »

let the milkshake wars commence!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I hear these 1 or 2 more milkshake places opening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 paul2641

Cherrycoke wrote: »

I think the copying of the idea was tacky :/. Loads will start to open and will all quickly close hopefully the MoodyCow lasts though :D, even though I don't like the place :/.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Was in Lulu's today. Nice friendly staff, and the place looked clean (just opened). The concept is simple - there are a whole load of recipes on the wall - mostly names of chocolate bars. You choose your shake, and the put a bar of that chocolate into a blender with icecream and put the result into a cup. Simple, but tasted good. Only problem was that the chocolate isn't melted, so you get a load of tiny particles at the bottom - my 4-year old was unimpressed by this.

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »
    so you get a load of tiny particles at the bottom - my 4-year old was unimpressed by this.

.............................in my day (:D)you would get a clip around the ear and told that there were children starving in Africa and if you don't eat it you will never see this shop ever again.

Our opinions never counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Lulu's sounds identicle to Moody Cow. If it is as nice then I can see it taking a lot of business away from Moody Cow. I would think there would be more footfall (despite how bad crusies street has got) down that side of town so people probably won't bother walking up to Moody Cow if they don't have to. Could see it coming though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

bigpink wrote: »
    I hear these 1 or 2 more milkshake places opening

No wonder the towns in sh1t, not an original business thought in anyones head. hope the moody still does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 batmanandrobin

There's a new health clinic in Castletroy, in the technology park. there is a physio, massages, exercise classes and they have a steam rooom and sauna. was there the other day for physio. heard about it from a friend. definitely worth a look. physio was really good!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Just passed the Bailey, looks to be open again, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thats good news I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Yea, they reopened last fri, they were posting on Facebook about it

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DesLyons

There's a new sex shop opening up
    Seen an add for it on 95fm website

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

DesLyons wrote: »
    There's a new sex shop opening up
    Seen an add for it on 95fm website

Been advertising for staff in the Post for the last 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

adaminho wrote: »
    It seems that it's a Paddy Macs burger that's opening in the old Kranks. It's a create your own burger place with chicken as well. By the looks of it should be open in the next day or two.

I went to Paddy Macs after work this evening, having heard it was a make your own burger spot. Maybe I've watched too many episodes of Man v Food or Diners, Drive-ins and dives but I was really disappointed with the selection. Now the burger was really tasty and lovely and juicy. The chips were like proper chipper chips, I expected American shoestring really. As for make your own, it was your basic accompaniments that you'd get in any burger joint. I know it's early days but the place needs to get an identity to succeed, as now it's just another burger place. Don't want to be too negative because the burger was really good and the staff were lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

saw abit of work going on in the premises where falks lighting was on henry street, dont know if they were moving in stuff or moving it out

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

There's a new health clinic in Castletroy, in the technology park. there is a physio, massages, exercise classes and they have a steam rooom and sauna. was there the other day for physio. heard about it from a friend. definitely worth a look. physio was really good!

What's it called? Whereabouts exactly?

Quiltys Bar & Off License is re-opening soon.

The figurehead opening it will be former mayor Kevin Kiely(kept your opinions to other threads) backed with a large Limerick/Galway based company(not from industry).

Dates I dont know but it is happening.

Berty wrote: »

The figurehead opening it will be former mayor Kevin Kiely.

:D

Mc Love wrote: »
    :D

You know Kevin Kiely used to have a bar in Thomondgate/Kileely before anyway. On the bridge by the Treaty Stone and Church.

Wouldn't be a shocker to see him running another bar.

Might be something he is actually good at so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

The Treaty bar i Think that was called, any one know what is going on in that spot now, I imagine it would make a great touristisy pub looking at the Castle and Treaty Stone, although wouldnt get the numbers I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭phog

kilburn wrote: »
    The Treaty bar i Think that was called, any one know what is going on in that spot now, I imagine it would make a great touristisy pub looking at the Castle and Treaty Stone, although wouldnt get the numbers I imagine

It seems to be an office building now, Architechs, I was told but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

You know Kevin Kiely used to have a bar in Thomondgate/Kileely before anyway. On the bridge by the Treaty Stone and Church.

Wouldn't be a shocker to see him running another bar.
    he used to run the bar in thomond rfc also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

The figurehead opening it will be former mayor Kevin Kiely(kept your opinions to other threads) backed with a large Limerick/Galway based company(not from industry).

Dates I dont know but it is happening.

Don't understand the need for a large company behind the venture but its good news anyway I suppose :D

Advertisement