Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Greatest Womanizers Of All Time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Slick Willie deserves a mention too.:pac:

bclinton.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭silkworm53

Diapason wrote: »
    Wasn't Rasputin quite the swordsman? With an enormous todger too, allegedly. Just as well really, he was an ugly f*cker:

Yes indeed he was.

Rasputin_Photo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Eh, it was 6 wives. remember:
    Divorced
    Beheaded
    Died
    Divorced
    Beheaded
    Survived

I think thats the right order.

Ah ****e, I really should remember that :p. I'm suprised his 6th wife married him after his track record :pac:.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

silkworm53 wrote: »
    Rapists like Niall don't qualify as womanizers.
    There goes oul Genghis too then.
    Best used booze as a crutch which disqualifies him as a womanizer.
    So? So long as he was slipping them the mickey and not a mickey finn he's still up in the ranks I would have thought?
    Clooney is homosexual.
    Wut? No seriously.. Wut? Trust me on this one, while there are a few Hollywood guys who are gay fellas and (sadly) have to hide it, he's not one of them.
    Sardonicat wrote: »
    Eh, it was 6 wives. remember:
    Divorced
    Beheaded
    Died
    Divorced
    Beheaded
    Survived

I think thats the right order.
    *pedant alert* :DTechnically/legally there was only two wives, or if you were the pope at the time four. He had a couple of papal annulments so legally by that defintion he wasn't married in the first place. So Catherine of Aragon and Catherine parr were the only two actual legal marriages he had. The only two marriages where he was largely happy. Well ann of cleves he may have divorced/annulled, but he liked her enough not to chop her head off and indeed made her his "beloved sister" among the court.
    Henry VIII was a rapist at best and a serial killer at worst.
    I would agree the Henry was a teeewat of the highest order. A petulant egotistical and pretty damned stupid oaf. Rapist? No, don't really see it. The women he bedded were only too happy to climb on board. At first. Serial killer? Not even close. He was driven by the need for progeny as all rulers were at the time and at the time "barreness" was assumed to be the womans fault. IT seems oul henry was shooting blanks or his bullets didnt go far. Though his one heir that did make it was one of the more clued in and smart monarch the English ever had. Lizzy the first.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Jack Nicholson was handy enough with the ladies.

• Advertisement

Oh, strangely enough wasn't Mussolini notorious for the amount of women he slept with?? Apparently he could go through three a day when he was stressed :eek:. The women weren't forced either, apparently he was quite the charmer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1230106/The-fascist-Casanova-New-diaries-lay-bare-Mussolinis-insatiable-appetite-women.html

I know it's the Mail but I'm too lazy to find a better source..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Oh, strangely enough wasn't Mussolini notorious for the amount of women he slept with?? Apparently he could go through three a day when he was stressed :eek:. The women weren't forced either, apparently he was quite the charmer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1230106/The-fascist-Casanova-New-diaries-lay-bare-Mussolinis-insatiable-appetite-women.html

Another Italian, Antonio Cassano, has quite a reputation although how much is true is a different story.
    With food and sex Cassano doesn’t joke around. He talks about his important stories (”Four girlfriends in 11 years is a low number“) and the rest (”To summarize, I had a few other adventures. Let’s say that between the 600 and 700 women I’ve been with, around 20 were from the show business world“). And then: “Many times I played great games right after having sex. Go look at Roma-Juve 4-0. I had sex at six in the morning that Sunday, with one of the many ‘friends’ I had at that time. In Madrid it was even easier, because we were in a hotel, the whole squad and staff on one floor, so on the floors above or below you could invite whoever you wanted to meet you during the night. I made friends with one of the waiters. His job was to bring me 3 or 4 cornetti after I had sex. He would bring the cornetti to the stairs, I would bring the girl and we would make a trade: he took the girl, I stuffed myself with cornetti. Sex plus food, the perfect night“.

http://italy.theoffside.com/serie-a/antonio-cassano-releases-his-autobiography-and-hes-not-afraid-to-tell-it-like-it-is-like-always.html

Another womanizer was the author Roald Dahl, famous for writing children's books.

roald-dahl2.jpg

Other notable womanizers include:

Richard Burton

image002.jpg

Peter O'Toole

otoole1976.jpg

Richard Harris

field1.jpg?w=497&h=270

Oliver Reed

oliver-reed.jpg

Christopher Hitchens

201023bkp001.jpg

Martin Amis

martin_amis.jpg

Sebastien Horsely

sebastian-horsley8.jpg

James Blunt

James-Blunt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

sam34 wrote: »
    ok can we keep this on topic of who these men were, rather than discussing techniques
    I think that discussing 'techniques', as it were is probably relevant, at least in so far as the only common definition of 'womanizers' here has been that they have had sex with many women - by that logic, Peter Sutcliffe would likely qualify.

Even characters like Henry VIII really cannot really be considered, because the option to refuse his advances never really existed for those women he took a shine to.

If we narrow it, at least to consensual sex, albeit engendered with deceptive seduction techniques, then you probably would get a more agreeable list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

James Blunt

James-Blunt.jpg

This shows how desperate women are getting :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Christopher Hitchens

201023bkp001.jpg

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

James Blunt

James-Blunt.jpg
    Emme wrote: »
    This shows how desperate women are getting :rolleyes:

I dunno. I'd imagine most women would find a man who singlehandedly averted WWIII to be pretty appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I dunno. I'd imagine most women would find a man who singlehandedly averted WWIII to be pretty appealing.
    Come again?I know he was in the army but did he do something spectacular or something? :confused:

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    :)

Knew you'd like that one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Can't believe nobody's mentioned....

silvio-berlusconi.jpg

Paying for it doesn't count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Whats the difference between a womaniser and a slut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Come again?I know he was in the army but did he do something spectacular or something? :confused:

Some details here - http://www.tntmagazine.com/tnt-today/archive/2010/11/15/james-blunt-prevented-world-war-iii-he-claims.aspx

Story backed up here - James Blunt's 'World War III' claim backed by General

How true it is you decide :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Being a womanizer requires a certain amount of effort/social skill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭proon4

George Clooney!

George Clooney..Womaniser???? yea right lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Russell brand has the combination of looks, personailty and being famous in a celebrity obsessed age so in terms of numbers of women I would say he would take all the beating.

However judging by the interview chris de burgh gave the sindo recently had he chosen to be a womaniser he would have had enough clunge to fill a thousand offices of PWC.

I know you won't like this answer but...quite a bit. Basically a promisicous woman or a 'slut' if you want to call her that will constantly have offers of dates and sex, asked for her number etc from lots of men in bars. clubs, on the street, in the gym, wherever. However she doesn't really have to iniate anything, she can just stand there and let the men do the approaching. A womaniser or a sexually promiscous man on the other hand has to appraoch. charm, chat up and ultimately seduce (meant in a good way) women he wishes to have sex with. A womaniser who just stands at the side of the room waiting for girls to come and talk to him won't have a chance.

Neither is any worse or better than the other, both just have different methods of getting the sex they want.

I know you won't like this answer but...quite a bit. Basically a promisicous woman or a 'slut' if you want to call her that will constantly have offers of dates and sex, asked for her number etc from lots of men in bars. clubs, on the street, in the gym, wherever. However she doesn't really have to iniate anything, she can just stand there and let the men do the approaching. A womaniser or a sexually promiscous man on the other hand has to appraoch. charm, chat up and ultimately seduce (meant in a good way) women he wishes to have sex with. A womaniser who just stands at the side of the room waiting for girls to come and talk to him won't have a chance.

Neither is any worse or better than the other, both just have different methods of getting the sex they want.

Yeah and one is a sign of status and masculinity and the other a sign of emotional instability. :rolleyes:

I suppose the womaniser is on par with the seductress. Fair enough.

Yeah and one is a sign of status and masculinity and the other a sign of emotional instability. :rolleyes:

I find women think this way far, far more than men interestingly enough. This is just anecdotely speaking, I don't have research to back it up. In my life I find other women are far quicker to label other women sluts, emotionally unstable, (insert whatever nasty name you want) than men are. Often these are the same women who go and sleep with a womaniser or 'player. while criticising a woman who has lots of sex. The double standards some women impose on themselves are incredible. As I said this seems a lot more common with women than men.'Likewise I don't find many men automatically think a man whoose slept with 100 women is automatically someone to be in awe of.
    I suppose the womaniser is on par with the seductress. Fair enough.

A much better way of describing it than 'slut' really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

+1 above.There seems to be an automatic assumption that "womanizers" are men that other men revere when in actual fact the majority of men,myself included,find them kinda clotty for want of a better word.A friend of mine has been with alot of women and he gets alot of grief from our circle of friends because of it.For me its not something to be proud of and I believe he regrets alot of it as he has somewhat of a reputation as a bloke that would get up on the crack in a plate.

Guilt.

nedtheshed wrote: »
    +1 above.There seems to be an automatic assumption that "womanizers" are men that other men revere when in actual fact the majority of men,myself included,find them kinda clotty for want of a better word.A friend of mine has been with alot of women and he gets alot of grief from our circle of friends because of it.For me its not something to be proud of and I believe he regrets alot of it as he has somewhat of a reputation as a bloke that would get up on the crack in a plate.

Well, its not quite as much fun I imagine as it used to be because it used to be the case that once a woman was sullied and no longer pure her chances of marriage [and therefore survival] were destroyed so the whole game of consent isnt the challenge it used to be.

Then you have those who do it simply because they need constant affirmation. Its a kind of neediness that is not permissable for men so this is how it manifests imho.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Then you have those who do it simply because they need constant affirmation. Its a kind of neediness that is not permissable for men so this is how it manifests imho.
    That can be part of it, but it can also be as simple as wanting to shag different women for the novelty and because it's fun(novelty is a lot of it I'd say). No "issues" required.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement