Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Santa thread.

Options
  • 16-11-2010 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

I thought it might be a good idea for people to put up their expieriences of santas in the Limerick area.
    Which ones are a ripoff and which ones are good or even great.
    Santa will be coming to various centres in the coming weeks so please tell others how it went,,were you and the kids happy or dissapointed.
    Was Santa a good one or a little skinny guy wearing a pound shop beard and jeans,or was he a big jolly fellow who looks the part.
    We could even do a poll on the different ones.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS..

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Please keep in mind good etiquette when reviewing Santa Claus this year! :)
    One's personal opinion may be vastly different from another's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Speights Santa was the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭daveob007

Please keep in mind good etiquette when reviewing Santa Claus this year! :)
    One's personal opinion may be vastly different from another's.
    very true,but if people give a general overview of the whole thing it would help people to decide whats best and whats worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Speights Santa was the best.

The memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

We normally go to the Santa in Bunratty. Its a lovely experience to go and see the village all done up for xmas with fake snow and the likes. But the presents the kids get are usually crap.

This year I can't justify paying over €80 for the 2 kids and ourselves. That doesn't include the photos :eek: Its so overpriced.

I am interested to hear peoples opinions on other Santas around the city and county. I don't know where to visit this year yet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The one in the Crescent last year was a disgrace, it was my daughters first christmas so we wanted a decent picture with a santa. His suit was practically made of paper and you could see his black stubble under a crap white "beard"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Melion wrote: »
    The one in the Crescent last year was a disgrace, it was my daughters first christmas so we wanted a decent picture with a santa. His suit was practically made of paper and you could see his black stubble under a crap white "beard"

It must have hit hard with all the shops pulling out while increasing their rates!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Melion wrote: »

This was Christmas in the Crescent last year - The cheapest, most cynical stunt I've ever seen, especially once you take into account what Christmas shopping brings into the Crescent each year.

- Gobshítes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Hail santa!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trail man

phill106 wrote: »
    Hail santa!

as far as santa goes in county limerick. kostal has had the same santa for the last twenty years.. even though the gentleman is no longer an employee of the company, he is begged by kostal to fill the jolly role for the annual childrens party in abbeyfeale.. he must be good to be wanted back every year..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

Fantastic Santa last year in Brown Thomas, it was in aid of the ISPCC. Real old fashioned looking, think coca cola ad, and really engaged with the kids, not the usual what do you want and off you go. Was asking my older daughter loads of questions and asking her about the new baby (my other daughter) and telling her what was going on up in the north pole.And it was only €5 which went to the ISPCC, you got a photo and a candy cane, better than some pile of crap from the pound shop and money went to a good cause. I hope he is there again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Has anyone heard anything about Santa being in Bedford Row this year. I would go to see him there if he's any good.

Saw the sign and supposedly its an hour long experience.
    Here's the facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Limerick-Ireland/Santa-in-Limerick/165688790121244?ref=ts&v=wall

74344_166174936739296_165688790121244_401226_4534392_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Thats Santastic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheWarrior

Sounds good -but pricing will have a big part for me.
    I see bunratty castle are looking for 14 euro per child to see Santa & 25 per adult (cause adults really want to see Santa!).

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ryange

I have been to the Olde Creamery in Adare for the last three years. Very well laid out and very friendly. Going back again this Xmas.
    Was in Bunratty and Aliwee Caves previous but very expensive when you have to pay for adults also.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Just wondered if anyone has been yet? also does anyone know the cost for the visit? Have number to ring them, but wanted personal view.. ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Very well put together different rooms for the kids on the way in and santas sleigh to take a spin on. Very good.
    Santa arrived in a Fire Engine! Kids loved it.

Pics in one of my Facebook Galleries - Santa at Bedford Row

Not Sure of the pricing as I was just there to take some photos.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

CCSL wrote: »
    Very well put together different rooms for the kids on the way in and santas sleigh to take a spin on. Very good.
    Santa arrived in a Fire Engine! Kids loved it.

Pics in one of my Facebook Galleries - Santa at Bedford Row

Not Sure of the pricing as I was just there to take some photos.

thanks for those photos, it looks really good, I didn't realise that it was tonight that he was arriving. Must take a trip in. Thanks again

Never knew you had a fb page - liked it there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

Went to see Santa in the Cresent last night, my little one is only 18months old so I didnt expect much interaction outta her!
    Its set up where the creche is, the entrance room where you pay has a nice CHristmas display with reindeers and bears etc and then its on into see the man himself!
    His costume was ok and he was friendly and specifically picked out a present for a smaller kid which was very nice of him. The photographer was very friendly to.
    All in all its a quick trip but they were very friendly.On the way out we went around the corner and couldnt see Santa anymore and he let out a massive HO HO HO to my little ones suprise and she was thrilled with that!!!
    €6 per child to see Santa
    €4 for single pic that can be picked up in McCabes pharmacy after 4 days or pay an extra €1 to have it posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭senor incognito

Don't be 'St, Niculous'...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Hi all,

I left it way too late and as a result bunratty is apparently booked out now. Is there any other village type set ups not a million miles from town?

Also, how have people found the bedford row one since it set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭daveob007

that time again folks,,,same thing this year,where can i bring the kids for the best expierience and best deal...

Oh no its Zombie Santa
    horrorfest1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭dizzymom

:p our kids loved the santa here, and you give a donation, he was very very friendly and spent time with each child, there wasnt a massive queue when we went but a lot of people dont know he was there, he was on 2nd or 3rd floor, you got a lovely picture - but you have to bring your own camera, best value in town if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mad_shopaholic

anyone been to buttercup farm to see santa before was goin to take my daughter who is nearly 2 and loves animals doesnt seem too bad at 30euro for 2 adults and 1 child santa experience would prob be a little advanced for her and at 55euro out of my price range!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

i was looking at somewhere to bring my kids and cant believe it would cost 80euro to go to the santa experience -this is just ridiculous to visit santa i would prefer to give them the 80 euro and buy toys - i am not mean but honesly 80euro to see santa for 2 kids and 2 adults - what is this crap about adults having to pay for their kids to see santa.

i just cant believe that people will pay this to see santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

There is photographers across from CBS that have a fab santa, I brought my son there last year and will be again this year, as it happened as part the upper william street promo yest he was wandering around and doing a great job.

Of caorse I have lost the flyer I got but i will check the name and post here if needs be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

maryk123 wrote: »
    i was looking at somewhere to bring my kids and cant believe it would cost 80euro to go to the santa experience -this is just ridiculous to visit santa i would prefer to give them the 80 euro and buy toys - i am not mean but honesly 80euro to see santa for 2 kids and 2 adults - what is this crap about adults having to pay for their kids to see santa.

i just cant believe that people will pay this to see santa.

Agree totally, sure you could throw a party for that much in fairness and then we wonder why we are broke

Advertisement