Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Claus visiting the Crescent SC?

Options
  • 29-11-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what time this is happening today?

- The Sis wants to bring the little uns down to see the great man press the flesh.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

news said 1pm this morning. he's arriving by helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Thanks for that Carol - I actually ended up going down there for 1pm as did lots of other People who were led to believe that Santa was going to arrive by Helicopter and it would be an enjoying and amusing spectacle for the Kids.

- Of course having Santa arrive by Helicopter and creating a Christmas atmosphere etc. not only entertains the Kids but also brings in an awful lot of extra Shoppers to The Crescent who would have otherwise been elsewhere. In other words its worth a small fortune in retail terms.

Which is why I was a bit sickened and disgusted when 'Santa' showed up in the cheapest, oldest, must unconvincing Santa suit and crappy beard, on his own unless you count 3 Security Guards as being 'Christmassy'.

All the Parents and Kids got the biggest Christmas surprise of all though when the Helicopter was magically replaced by a black car.

Santa waved at the Kids and walked into the Crescent to start the Christmas extortion season in earnest. No music, no Elves, no Balloons - No few sweets handed out to the disappointed Kids.

Ho, Ho, Cheap, Cynical Gobshítes........ A profitable Christmas for whoever is raking in the ca$h at that Grubby Grotto this year - they've lost my interest......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Don't you know there's a recession on. Probably cant afford the high jinks this year. Does seem pretty cheap though.

Advertisement