Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Santa thread.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

maryk123 wrote: »
    i was looking at somewhere to bring my kids and cant believe it would cost 80euro to go to the santa experience -this is just ridiculous to visit santa i would prefer to give them the 80 euro and buy toys - i am not mean but honesly 80euro to see santa for 2 kids and 2 adults - what is this crap about adults having to pay for their kids to see santa.

i just cant believe that people will pay this to see santa.

It is a bit steep alright, but the experience is worth it, although talking to the other staff there they agree, especially with the price :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

anyone know where is doing the best deal for 1 - 7 month old child and 2 adults?some places are looking for crazy prices

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

If you want your basic recession friendly santa the castletroy shopping centre (superquinn etc) have one for free :) Child gets small toy,you bring along a camera and take your own pic with santa. Ring ahead to check when he's there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

not a bad idea thanks,nice to know there is options out there that wont cost you a fortune

glic83 wrote: »
    anyone know where is doing the best deal for 1 - 7 month old child and 2 adults?some places are looking for crazy prices

Lulus are 14e including print of photo present and the parent's can get in too if they like (i always advise that they do when I'm taking the photo for child protection)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

where is lulu's

maryk123 wrote: »
    where is lulu's

Lulus milkshakes, nextdoor to the side of mother care on chapel lane cruises st. (across from shoe rack)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

angelll wrote: »
    If you want your basic recession friendly santa the castletroy shopping centre (superquinn etc) have one for free :) Child gets small toy,you bring along a camera and take your own pic with santa. Ring ahead to check when he's there though.

as he might be at the local welfare office signing on

;)just kiddin

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

angelll wrote: »

Go to this one every year just to support..... its a great idea and even if the place benefits from a few coffee's and camera's its def worth it... think everyone should try it....

Have the Santa in Adare aswell, really good, nice lead in for the kids through the toys, your def paying for it but not bad value and the "Santa Letter" they send you out with references you have given is v nice, and can be framed...oh u also get a Santa Key aswell.....

Also have the Santa in Bunratty Castle which is good. they do the folk park up nice and was especially good last year with the frost and snow.....

Just for good health the Santa in the shannon rowing club is worth a punt aswell......

Don't worry the pub business is still crap and the above are pressie's from the 2 little ones Granny's, I sort the Superquin Santa day!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

Melion wrote: »
    The one in the Crescent last year was a disgrace, it was my daughters first christmas so we wanted a decent picture with a santa. His suit was practically made of paper and you could see his black stubble under a crap white "beard"

Went to The Crescent Santa few yrs back with my littleun.
    She was a bit scared of the Santa and would'nt sit on his knee, He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me onto his lap:eek: saying " Mammy will sit down instead" I shudder to thinkl of it EWWWW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

BadSanta1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I brought my 6 year old daughter to see Santa today in Brown Thomas and I have to say he was fantastic. When we arrived he had "Gone to feed his Reindeer" and he had returned within about 2 mins of us arriving. There was only one family infront of us and another behind us so the wait time was very short! Santa was brilliant with all the children, their ages ranging from about 8 years old to a young baby.

He took his time with my daughter, listening to her singing songs from her school play and told her stories about how he sends his robins into homes and school so he knows what the kids are doing all the time. She then got her photograph taken with Santa and he gave her a candy cane. The visit cost 5 euros and included the photo and candy cane and the money goes to the ISPCC. I would highly recommend a visit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jennikerr

We brought our son to Santa in the Parkway Shopping Centre last year. Santa was lovely and we got our photo taken and on the way out they handed us the receipt thing to hand into the chemist to pick up our photo....it wasn't going to be ready until the 9th of Jan. WHAT was the point in that? We were furious as it was our sons first Christmas and we wouldn't have the pic till after Christmas. Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 stephanied83

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Agree totally, sure you could throw a party for that much in fairness and then we wonder why we are broke

Is the Santa Experience in the old Dunnes? Its only €10 per child and 2 adults free with each one. I actually booked a few weeks ago & they were charging €15 per child then but they called and offered me a free photo. These are normally €8 extra and I was going to get one anyhow so it was fine. Having said that I don't know how good it is but have heard good things.

I went to Santa in the Milk Market last year, it was crap. It was my little girls first Christmas, 10 months old & the gift had a warning that it was not for children under three. The photographer was useless too, really bad picture and bad quality print. Can't remember what I paid but it was definitely too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

my wife and i took her god daughter to the santa experience in the old dunnes . the set up was good but the present was crap it was more expensive last year and it was worth it to see her happy and have a ride in the sleigh but not worth it for the present .

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

i just looked and i replied on this thread last year 80 for the santa experience. i booked it this year and its 20 euro how prices have dropped. should be interesting to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Hooked

Jennikerr wrote: »
    We brought our son to Santa in the Parkway Shopping Centre last year. Santa was lovely and we got our photo taken and on the way out they handed us the receipt thing to hand into the chemist to pick up our photo....it wasn't going to be ready until the 9th of Jan. WHAT was the point in that? We were furious as it was our sons first Christmas and we wouldn't have the pic till after Christmas. Never again.

Jaysus that is just ridiculous in this day and age. What with USB and cd instant printing in Harvey Norman etc and technology... You'd think you'd get your photo within the hour. Off for a shop and collect before heading home. Is this the practice in brown Thomas and the crescent does anyone know? I've no kids... Just interested to know how it's handled (the photos)?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭dizzymom

10 euros per child, ok very medicore present, but Santa and set up were excellent. The helpers were plentiful and the elves and santa made a big effort with the kids. I think sleigh ride to Santa in the log cabin was fab. I booked it online but got into town early and they allowed us go in early, I think it was very good value, definately be back !

Advertisement