Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paddy power wont pay out

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

turbobaby wrote: »
    This is an absolute disgrace by Powers in my book.

Whether the OP intended to but the Everton match in his slip makes no difference whatsoever.

I would make a protest outside their most popular shops until they pay up.

If I were you, I would certainly not under any circumstances accept the two hundred odd winnings. They raped you on this before with the lotto bet, don't let it happen again.

+1
    full winnings on that 5 team accu

IBAS are jokers, who ever got anything from them...wasting your time with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jsheating

+1
    full winnings on that 5 team accu

IBAS are jokers, who ever got anything from them...wasting your time with them
    spoke to john martin from the star this morning keep your on on the papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jenwren_xx

OP Paddy Power tell you what ever bet you do check its correct, therefore you accepted the bet with Everton,, DONT GIVE UP!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

jenwren_xx wrote: »
    OP Paddy Power tell you what ever bet you do check its correct, therefore you accepted the bet with Everton,, DONT GIVE UP!! :D

Good point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

jsheating wrote: »
    spoke to john martin from the star this morning keep your on on the papers
    I agree that even if it was a mistake the result should stand. There's just one thing I'm not clear on and forgive me if I'm being a dope but...

If the original docket has a mark on Everton and your current docket says Everton for what reason and by what evidence are they saying it was an unintentional selection? You mentioned you knew the staff really well and I'm not trying to be condescending but you didn't say it to 'Jacko' behind the counter for a laugh did ya?

Like I said I don't think it should make a difference it's just out of pure morbid cat killing curiosity I'm wondering how they know it was a mistake?

• Advertisement

MyKeyG wrote: »
    I agree that even if it was a mistake the result should stand. There's just one thing I'm not clear on and forgive me if I'm being a dope but...

If the original docket has a mark on Everton and your current docket says Everton for what reason and by what evidence are they saying it was an unintentional selection? You mentioned you knew the staff really well and I'm not trying to be condescending but you didn't say it to 'Jacko' behind the counter for a laugh did ya?

Like I said I don't think it should make a difference it's just out of pure morbid cat killing curiosity I'm wondering how they know it was a mistake?

I handed in the slip and she said you no. Your not getting the everton selection, then I started to proceed with the lotto bet I had that came up and never got paid . I did a bet on the lotto today and a football bet both with unintentional marks, they came out so interesting to see the results tonight

I handed in the slip and she said you no. Your not getting the everton selection, then I started to proceed with the lotto bet I had that came up and never got paid . I did a bet on the lotto today and a football bet both with unintentional marks, they came out so interesting to see the results tonight
    Ah but the machine counted it? I do go to the bookies but I do accumulators online so I'm unfamiliar with how it works.
    And you have no idea what prompted them to consult the original? Again I realise it's immaterial to your argument but just wondering.

Ah but the machine counted it? I do go to the bookies but I do accumulators online so I'm unfamiliar with how it works.
    And you have no idea what prompted them to consult the original? Again I realise it's immaterial to your argument but just wondering.

bang on mykey g

bang on mykey g
    Awe sorry for your hassle man. What a gang of crooks. Even if she told you at the time she should have made some official void on the slip. Surely just telling you it doesn't count shouldn't be enough. What comes up on the computer when they beep it through?

I don't like PP to be honest. Most of their shops you can't even see in the windows. Boyles is my lair. One day I backed a dog race. As you know on the shop screens 2-1 or 4-1 just show up as 2 or 4 etc. So I wrote out my docket; Monmore (time) €10 T-3 to win. He came in at 2-1 or 2 as it showed on the shop screen. In my head for some reason I mixed the trap with the odds and thought I backed trap 2 and threw away the docket. Then it occured to me what I had done. Couldn't find the docket so my mate said 'say it to her'. Feeling like an idiot but with nothing to lose I told her. She got me to re-write the docket as closely to the original as possible. She matched it on the copy on the screen and paid me the €30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

This might be a dumb assed question but if the slip is valid why not send someone else in with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Do not give up on it op. In reality its **** all to them 900quid, enough hassle for them and they will pay. Its a disgrace, do everything in your power to get paid in full, and when you do take your business elsewhere. Fair play for not accepting the 200 odd.

I hope it works out for ya, shower of cuntz Powers!

This might be a dumb assed question but if the slip is valid why not send someone else in with it?

The slip is settled on the machine already for €254 no more no less it's there if he wants to collect it but on principal he doesn't want it and wants to take it further

Awe sorry for your hassle man. What a gang of crooks. Even if she told you at the time she should have made some official void on the slip. Surely just telling you it doesn't count shouldn't be enough. What comes up on the computer when they beep it through?

I don't like PP to be honest. Most of their shops you can't even see in the windows. Boyles is my lair. One day I backed a dog race. As you know on the shop screens 2-1 or 4-1 just show up as 2 or 4 etc. So I wrote out my docket; Monmore (time) €10 T-3 to win. He came in at 2-1 or 2 as it showed on the shop screen. In my head for some reason I mixed the trap with the odds and thought I backed trap 2 and threw away the docket. Then it occured to me what I had done. Couldn't find the docket so my mate said 'say it to her'. Feeling like an idiot but with nothing to lose I told her. She got me to re-write the docket as closely to the original as possible. She matched it on the copy on the screen and paid me the €30.
    all bookies do this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

ft9 wrote: »
    I hope it works out for ya, shower of cuntz Powers!
    Yis are all off your heads. :D He admits he didnt want the selection. He (eventually) admits the cashier told him he wasnt getting the selection.

If a cashier has a bet for a punter with a selection that he doesnt want, and she has just told him he isnt getting, what happens next? Hmmmmm, lets think about that. :)

She voids the bet, as any cashier in any bookies would, and puts on the bet he actually wanted. New entry in the system, new receipt. A nice winner for 293 quid.

But oops, the original bet that he didnt want and wasnt given happens to win so now he wants it after all. Anyone thats worked in a bookies will be all too familiar with scenarios like this. Nice try OP.

curehead wrote: »
    The slip is settled on the machine already for €254 no more no less it's there if he wants to collect it but on principal he doesn't want it and wants to take it further

You obviously do not bet as in earlier post and on you tube potential return is xxxxxxx it's in black and White paddy powers can change it all right in there system but that is altering my bet . Ty curehead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Go get em champ:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Ya lost dockets is a standard enough thing for a bookies to do.

My mam threw a soccer quickslip in the fire on me years ago and it had about 500 quid win on it (i had left it out showing my dad, i was about 16 and it was a 4 euro stake so i was well proud). Ladbrokes paid out no questions, i just told them the picks, they checked the video and i had placed a bet at that time, and they paid out.

By the way OP i 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% think you are in the right and should follow it to the last

CiaranC wrote: »
    Yis are all off your heads. :D He admits he didnt want the selection. He (eventually) admits the cashier told him he wasnt getting the selection.

If a cashier has a bet for a punter with a selection that he doesnt want, and she has just told him he isnt getting, what happens next? Hmmmmm, lets think about that. :)

She voids the bet, as any cashier in any bookies would, and puts on the bet he actually wanted. New entry in the system, new receipt. A nice winner for 293 quid.

But oops, the original bet that he didnt want and wasnt given happens to win so now he wants it after all. Anyone thats worked in a bookies will be all too familiar with scenarios like this. Nice try OP.

another one who hasnt a clue about betting rules i was not issued a new slip i was told the following day i was not getting paid on everton ,if they DID NOT DRAW AS I SAID EARLIAR CIARANC I WOULD HAVE BINNED THE SLIP .I AM BETTING 30 YEARS I KNOW THE RULES

Fair enough mate if things went the way you say they did youve a stonewall case with IBAS and have nothing to worry about.

Fair enough mate if things went the way you say they did youve a stonewall case with IBAS and have nothing to worry about.
    im not worried at all uts paddy power who should be worried his system failed ,i was in paddy powers today and did a lotto bet and a football bet with unitentional marks on the coupon they came out there system is faulty.

• Advertisement

im not worried at all uts paddy power who should be worried his system failed ,i was in paddy powers today and did a lotto bet and a football bet with unitentional marks on the coupon they came out there system is faulty.
    Yeah you intentionally made unintentional marks, good man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Yeah you intentionally made unintentional marks, good man

Your making very helpful posts, good man

You obviously do not bet as in earlier post and on you tube potential return is xxxxxxx it's in black and White paddy powers can change it all right in there system but that is altering my bet . Ty curehead

Lol i work in the industry have done for last 10 years
    we see scenarios like this all the time i could give you thousands of examples
    we alter bets all the time it's part and parcel of the job if the cashier tells you you are not getting Everton on your bet it's because it wasn't on the original 'she spotted this and on system and altered it accordingly

I personally hope you get paid it's definitely a strange one and mistakes get made in bookies all the time if you go onto the IBAS website you'll see a few examples of where the customer won their cases and the reason why more often than not the onus is on the customer to make sure everything on the bet is correct trying to claim for Everton on your bet when it's not on the original and intentionally trying to put errors on coupons would be seen as fraudulent in their eyes the coupons need to be marked clearly and concisely as i say it happens all the time

best of luck and keep us posted .... very intriguing thread .
    have you posted on betfair there are a lot of people who work for bookies posting in there would give you an idea as to what will likely happen in this instance.

another one who hasnt a clue about betting rules i was not issued a new slip i was told the following day i was not getting paid on everton ,if they DID NOT DRAW AS I SAID EARLIAR CIARANC I WOULD HAVE BINNED THE SLIP .I AM BETTING 30 YEARS I KNOW THE RULES

As i said i work in the industry and you clearly do not know the "rules"
    paddy power have thousands of bets on their system as we do too whereby
    bets were place in error and settled accordingly i know of one bet where a guy done an accumulator and one team let him down and he threw the ticket in the bin not realising that the team that let him down the game kicked off at 12:00 and the bet was place at 12:05 meaning that that team was void so all the rest were winners paddy powers staff informed the customer and he collected over €25 thousand euro

Best of luck great thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Wrong.

If someone comes to me with a quickslip, it goes through and is paid for it is up to the customer to check his receipt before they leave the shop. If they say "oh look, I made a mistake can I void that and make another one" then I'll do that aslong as it's before the off time (only on football). I'll take their old slip off them (it'll be useless anyways because it's void) and give them a new slip.

If someone comes into me after the off time/results saying "I didn't mean to pick them" then it's tough luck - just as it works both ways. To be honest all a cashier should be doing with quickslips with a payout of over €100 is check results, 'r' stamp them and make sure it's paying the right amount (i.e. that the systems odds aren't changed from the odds on the quickslip and that they match.)

However, OP I'm wondering did you mention to the cashier as to whether you wanted them in the selection before the games kicked off?

If the cashier changed that at their own discretion after realising what you'd wanted but thinking that you had not realised then they're fools because it would be pretty much the equivalent of me: taking a bet on no. 8 Lucksin Downs race for 5.01 and it coming nowhere but the customer arguing it was for 5.06 and me turning it into a winning bet. I'd get the sack for that and that could well be reason the cashier is standing firm on this.

I'd get onto the papers and email the guy in the Star to explain what happened. Let us know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Actually, could someone tell me (preferably a Powers worker/ex-worker) what comes up on screen for quickslips on their system? Do they have to be captured manually or does it do it on its own i.e. it just goes straight through and there is a digital read of what the selections are?

Actually, could someone tell me (preferably a Powers worker/ex-worker) what comes up on screen for quickslips on their system? Do they have to be captured manually or does it do it on its own i.e. it just goes straight through and there is a digital read of what the selections are?

The fact that it's a quickslip would suggest it doesn't have to be captured.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Can't believe you're still betting with them :confused:

Can't believe you're still betting with them :confused:

After all that's been posted and That's what you can't believe ;)

• Advertisement

curehead wrote: »
    Lol i work in the industry have done for last 10 years
    we see scenarios like this all the time i could give you thousands of examples
    we alter bets all the time it's part and parcel of the job if the cashier tells you you are not getting Everton on your bet it's because it wasn't on the original 'she spotted this and on system and altered it accordingly

I personally hope you get paid it's definitely a strange one and mistakes get made in bookies all the time if you go onto the IBAS website you'll see a few examples of where the customer won their cases and the reason why more often than not the onus is on the customer to make sure everything on the bet is correct trying to claim for Everton on your bet when it's not on the original and intentionally trying to put errors on coupons would be seen as fraudulent in their eyes the coupons need to be marked clearly and concisely as i say it happens all the time

best of luck and keep us posted .... very intriguing thread .
    have you posted on betfair there are a lot of people who work for bookies posting in there would give you an idea as to what will likely happen in this instance.
    ty curehead i was only testing the system i was not trying a scam.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement