Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paddy power wont pay out

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 FishGoneDeep

The whole thing seems very badly explained.

OP, are you saying the scan of the coupon in the system is different to what it says said on the receipt in the video? i.e. the scan of the coupon in the system says Everton Win but your receipt says Draw?

The actual physical coupon means nothing in any of this. You can ask for the coupon back and PaddyPower will do it no problem, as they have the scan of the coupon in the system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jsheating

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Agree 100%.
    the easyslips are the slips that are in the shop you take you out of the little contanier fill it out and hand it to the staff member they then give you the betting receipt BETTING SLIP the easyslip is then thrown on a table and binned .thats how it works .have you not seen the betting slip on youtube as a earlier poster said simple BLACK AND WHITE ,IF YOU GAMBLE IN PADDY POWERS YOU WOULD KNOW HOW THE COUPONS WORK.

jsheating wrote: »
    the easyslips are the slips that are in the shop you take you out of the little contanier fill it out and hand it to the staff member they then give you the betting receipt BETTING SLIP the easyslip is then thrown on a table and binned .thats how it works .have you not seen the betting slip on youtube as a earlier poster said simple BLACK AND WHITE ,IF YOU GAMBLE IN PADDY POWERS YOU WOULD KNOW HOW THE COUPONS WORK.

Your explanation of the whole thing has been pretty awful. Its more than one person who seems confused.

The whole thing seems very badly explained.

OP, are you saying the scan of the coupon in the system is different to what it says said on the receipt in the video? i.e. the scan of the coupon in the system says Everton Win but your receipt says Draw?

The actual physical coupon means nothing in any of this. You can ask for the coupon back and PaddyPower will do it no problem, as they have the scan of the coupon in the system
    OK here goes again i did a bet 4 selections draw on west ham ,draw on wigan,real madrid to win and barcelona to win when i put my little Xs in the appropriate box my pen went in to a 5th box giving me a 5th selection everton to draw,THEY DID powers want to pay on the proper marked 4 selections ,but not everton . a difference of 600 odd euro.
    understand?

Your explanation of the whole thing has been pretty awful. Its more than one person who seems confused.
    dont mean to be smart but if you go into betting shops this is abc

• Advertisement

OK here goes again i did a bet 4 selections draw on west ham ,draw on wigan,real madrid to win and barcelona to win when i put my little Xs in the appropriate box my pen went in to a 5th box giving me a 5th selection everton to draw,THEY DID powers want to pay on the proper marked 4 selections ,but not everton . a difference of 600 odd euro.
    understand?

ok much clearer now. I really can't understand why Paddy Power would go back to the original coupon to check this. And if they did, how can they even tell that you did/didnt mean to mark the extra selection? Also, the shop would never to back to head office/traders to sign off on winnings of 1,200! Perhaps on large bet stakes but not payouts such as this.

The only thing I can think of is the person in the shop is attempting to keep the extra for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

if it was actual X's through the 4 selections and then a dash through the Everton draw by mistake it would be quite clear it was a mistake, this is surely what PP are saying?

ok much clearer now. I really can't understand why Paddy Power would go back to the original coupon to check this. Also, the shop would never to back to head office/traders to sign off on winnings of 1,200! Perhaps on large bet stakes but not payouts such as this.

The only thing I can think of is the person in the shop is attempting to keep the extra for themselves.
    i dont think the staff would do this i spoke to customer service to no avail,the mark is tiny going in to the everton draw box , but the point is inconsistances in there rules.if everton did not draw the bet would be long gone in the bin and i would not be on boards with this tread.
    have you read about my post on my lotto bet ?when pp staff member told me its whats on the slip that counts,the onus is on you to check that all selections are correct .i never check i expect paddy powers computers to work which they did by picking up marks in selected boxs hense everton

Kod-box wrote: »
    if it was actual X's through the 4 selections and then a dash through the Everton draw by mistake it would be quite clear it was a mistake, this is surely what PP are saying?
    YES but it was a small small mark but it still picked it up and the selection came up.EVERTON TO DRAW if they lost to bolton the computer would have saying LOSER

Its a tough one, maybe they would be willing to meet you halfway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

Hi js, I user to work in ladbrokes as a settler, and when their automated system and quickslips came in, we still had to hold the original bets in the shop for a period of six months. After this they were sent to archiving. I would be fairly certain that they still have your original coupon on site.

As you said yourself, they said that the mark was unintentional, so they had to still have the original. When a winning bet is paying out more than a few hundred euro, the original bet is checked. I can see why they are only offering to pay out on the 4 matches.

However, I think you would have a case with the lotto bet. How long ago did you put that bet on? As the system would have automatically made it a loser, the original would not have been checked, so the settler would not have dug out the original. If it was unintentional like you said it was, and it was obvious on the slip, then I know I would have paid it out.

Its a tough one, maybe they would be willing to meet you halfway?
    well if you do a loser would you ask for half your money back
    na sorry kod-box BLACK AND WHITE they have to pay the 916.85
    ps jasus your user name i would love a fish and chip right now lol

lol

TBH man i cant see you winning the case, as the poster before you said there when its obvious that you didnt mean to mark the draw they wont pay out, them not paying out on the Lotto bet was just wrong though, its that you should be agrieved over.

lol

TBH man i cant see you winning the case, as the poster before you said there when its obvious that you didnt mean to mark the draw they wont pay out, them not paying out on the Lotto bet was just wrong though, its that you should be agrieved over.
    thats what im saying there rules are not consistant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Have you got onto Joe Duffy yet, he will sort it for you, or one of the sunday papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

Are they willing to pay out €254 on the other four without everton ?
    Or are you not willing to accept this as an inconsistency of the lotto/football coupons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

curehead wrote: »
    Or are you not willing to accept this as an inconsistency of the lotto/football coupons.

WTF is the problem here, this is a clear winning slip, irrespective of what the o/p intentions were, this is what is printed out.

ON PP authentic paper, rape them (as souness would say)

fekkin disgrace, c0cks

WTF is the problem here, this is a clear winning slip, irrespective of what the o/p intentions were, this is what is printed out.

fekkin disgrace, c0cks

Well paddy power has the original which does not have everton marked on it he should get the €254 odd

Have you got onto Joe Duffy yet, he will sort it for you, or one of the sunday papers.
    i have emailed him no reply yet

they are willing to pay out 254, but on my slip everton are in there so where do powers rule come in to play, oh thats a mark oh that a proper mark hold on this coupon has a different mark on it so on son etc etc.curehead its whats on my slip im claiming if everton lost as i said it would be in the bin

• Advertisement

fekkin disgrace, c0cks
    correct ,how you do that ill think ill print that and frame it

To be honest i just don't get it ...are you admitting to them you didn't have everton on the coupon ?? or are you saying u did and want the whole amount i don't understand.
    On here you claim you didn't put everton but are you saying to paddy power you did or are you not willing to accept the €254 of what really is your original bet ??

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's looking for them to apply their own rules consistantly. When there was an accidental mark on the lotto slip, they refused to pay out and insisted that the slip he held was what mattered. When there's an accidental mark on the football coupon, they refuse to pay out and insisted that the slip he held doesn't matter.

It's pretty much a case of Paddy Power doing all they can to refuse to pay out.

He's looking for them to apply their own rules consistantly. When there was an accidental mark on the lotto slip, they refused to pay out and insisted that the slip he held was what mattered. When there's an accidental mark on the football coupon, they refuse to pay out and insisted that the slip he held doesn't matter.

It's pretty much a case of Paddy Power doing all they can to refuse to pay out.

Ty super furry you understand

Ty super furry you understand

I understand too :D
    If i were you i'd take the €254 and be happy with it and check your tickets from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I understand too :D
    If i were you i'd take the €254 and be happy with it and check your tickets from now on.

Would not accept 254 at all.

At the very worst he is entitled to €10 on all five selections and €10 on the other four. Which is circa 458 + 127 = 585. I would not expect any less than that OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

how did PP put on Everton/Draw onto his slip

something is amiss here.. did they put this selection on by mistake?

he got 3 draws correct and 2 wins in that 5 team accu and that is a win, not sure how pp think they can get away with that

see that they are expanding their business now on the rte site, easy to see how when they can take punters for a ride so easily, fuc|ing gobheens

i was just in powers doing a few football bets and lotto bets guess what i put unintentional marks on the docket and they came out on my slip hope they come up to see if i get paid .i will be uploading this later so you can all see

What's the story now is the bet gone to IBAS ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

This is an absolute disgrace by Powers in my book.

Whether the OP intended to but the Everton match in his slip makes no difference whatsoever.

I would make a protest outside their most popular shops until they pay up.

If I were you, I would certainly not under any circumstances accept the two hundred odd winnings. They raped you on this before with the lotto bet, don't let it happen again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement