Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most retarded thing you've done in your entire life?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

well ****, I'm sorry if I offended you or your brother (sincerely hope he's doing well, not just sayin that to get thanks from you or anyone) , but generally when people say "that was retarded" they have no intention of offending anyone. The OP was not out to offend you

Your missing the point it DOES offend,just use another word it's not that hard,If someone in your family was affected you would be offended trust me.I cant believe the mods are allowing this thread to continue its a disgrace to be honest some of the replies made to THFC

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Fell in love with a married man and had a 2 year long-distance relationship with him.
    The really retarded thing is, I KNEW he was a dickhead and an a*sehole, but I kept making excuses for him...

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Your missing the point it DOES offend,just use another word it's not that hard,If someone in your family was affected you would be offended trust me.I cant believe the mods are allowing this thread to continue its a disgrace to be honest some of the replies made to THFC

gb2 attic

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Wonkagirl

Well i for one never meant to cause offence. Infact my cousin has a DS son, who is very much a part of all of our families. I took NO offence by the term retarded, given the context here. I cannot understand why anybody else would either- isnt life difficult enough without everyone taking complete offence to the slightest inference to anything which might be construed as an attack on you personally?

The whole PC thing is a scurge of modern society if you ask me. Obviously we have to have standards and be sensitive at times, but in this particular instance, I do not think anyone with a disability themselves, or with a loved one with a disability, has reason to take offence.

Will get my thinking cap on about examples of my own retarded behaviour over the yrs- god know there are many, it will just be a matter of finding the most horrendous of the lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

[Retarded]

Bought a house, in 2006, which is now worth less than half what I paid

[/Retarded]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I drive 45 miles to work every day. I only missed one day through the ice and had enough close calls to convince anyone to just stay home for a few days. Actually disappointed with the effort I put in for this job.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭gravityisalie

i was on the phone to a customer , nad was transferring her to another department but instead dialled 999

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

This is after hours, offence is what we do here, and while the op didn’t mean to offend it has obviously offended you and few others also. Tough sh1t. Stop turning this thread into a stupid argument about a word that you don’t like.

To summarize could you kindly fook off and take the pc brigade with you.

This is after hours, offence is what we do here, and while the op didn’t mean to offend it has obviously offended you and few others also. Tough sh1t. Stop turning this thread into a stupid argument about a word that you don’t like.

To summarize could you kindly fook off and take the pc brigade with you.

eh.....no

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

eh.....no

Dam it, was worth a try.

• Advertisement

ha ha it was i guess !I'm not arguing metalgear it's simply my opinion,we're all entitled to one and thats what boards is for,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

gb2 attic

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭veryangryman

:eek::eek::eek:Wont somebody PLEASE think of teh children :eek::eek::eek:

Right.. here’s a sample of some retarded carry on displayed by moi. Unless otherwise stated, all were while drunk

‘Liked’ (by accident- mouse must have hit it with excitement in error) my ex-es status on facebook that he was ‘no longer in a relationship’ with the whore that he started going out with after me. Took 3 days to realise, and ‘unlike’ the break up status.

Sent a text to my friend telling her I had messed up the previous nite and done the dirt on my then boyfriend.. of course, I sent it to him instead. That ended that relationship pretty lively.

I thought I’d find it much easier actually, maybe I’m not as retarded as I thought, or maybe I’m SO retarded that I’ve forgotten a lot of them or blocked them out as a defence mechanism.. I’m sure I’ll come up with more as the day goes on tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Naos wrote: »

Now for me, I'd say when the extremely hot swiss chick I met on erasmus and whom I kept in contact with when I went home, invited me to see her in apartment in Switzerland and I declined.

Seriously, I hate myself for it right now.
    Your Man-Card.
    Hand it in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Hey I'm retarded, or would have been considered as such back when the word was used by medicine. The word doesn't bother me at all. This is because it's meaning has slowly changed over time. It's not about demeaning people with disablities anymore, it's about demeaning people that do stupid things, which is always fun. Being PC about it and getting upset and on your high horse is pointless. Just my opinion, but then it may be a completely retarded opinion :D;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Whats next? Someone makes a thread saying 'whats the most girlish thing you've done' and people freak out because "I have a sister and thats offensive to women"?

Or what about childish?

"How DARE you, I have kids!!!!!!!!!!"

Most people don't associate the word retard with people who have disabilities anymore, the word is used for normal every day people doing or saying stupid or silly things. By freaking out about it, your bring back that word association to said disabled people.

Its the same as when someone replies with "well duuuuh". No ones actually trying to discriminate against disabled people when using that phrase, people don't even think of it has having anything to do with that.

Until a small minority of people 'choose' to take offence and turn it into to something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Getting a bit out of hand! Stop arguing - Can't we all just get along guys? :(
    Anne Frank, not trying to attack you here but why are you still reading this thread if you're so offended and the only contributions you've added to the thread have been to criticise it?

I had bunk beds when I was younger and used to sleep on the top bunk.

Every night my mum would leave her bag on the back of my bedroom door which was about 4 or 5 feet from my bed.

Every night after she would leave it there and go downstairs (for about two weeks..) she would hear a loud crash from upstairs where she had left me, swiftly followed by me wailing!

For some reason I was convinced I could fly. I convinced myself that if I wanted to get something bad enough (my mum's bag) I could fly to it.

Wish I just climbed down and took it!!!! Ha ha now that's retarded for you. ;)

NoDice wrote: »
    Anne Frank, not trying to attack you here but why are you still reading this thread if you're so offended and the only contributions you've added to the thread have been to criticise it?

Every night my mum would leave her bag on the back of my bedroom door which was about 4 or 5 feet from my bed.

Every night after she would leave it there and go downstairs (for about two weeks..) she would hear a loud crash from upstairs where I was, swiftly followed by me wailing!

For some reason I was convinced I could fly. I convinced myself that if I wanted to get something bad enough (my mum's bag) I could fly to it.

read back you'll see i like the thread !!I just think another word could be used thats all !!Not everyone has the same opinion as you guys is that sooooo hard to accept !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Not everyone has the same opinion as you guys is that sooooo hard to accept !
    yes. very.

• Advertisement

Every night after she would leave it there and go downstairs (for about two weeks..) she would hear a loud crash from upstairs where she had left me, swiftly followed by me wailing!

No offence to your mum (we all have them, before the PC bridgade flip out!) but i think she was the retarded one for leaving you in the bunk bed nite after nite, and leaving her bag on the door nite after nite, despite hearing a thud nite after nite!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Wonkagirl wrote: »
    No offence to your mum (we all have them, before the PC bridgade flip out!) but i think she was the retarded one for leaving you in the bunk bed nite after nite, and leaving her bag on the door nite after nite, despite hearing a thud nite after nite!!

Maybe she found it funny. I know I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

She must have really not loved you if she left you in your bed for 2 weeks while she was downstairs, handbagless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

HAHAHAHAahahahahaha :D
    That is FANTASTIC!

I don't know what's better..
    The fact that it took you falling flat on your face from a height about 14 times before you realised that you cannot in fact fly..

Or that your mother obviously knew what was happening and kept leaving her bag there..
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Wonkagirl wrote: »

Ha ha ha yeah it's hilarious (I cry myself to sleep everynight). :D

Genuinely thought I could fly though. The fact was I could just skip really really good.

Don't ask.

PC brigade please don't read this next bit!
    My boyfriend calls me his little retard.
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

This "PC brigade" is that as in 'light brigade' or 'fire brigade'. because if its the military sense we should probably do with they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

phill106 wrote: »
    Your Man-Card.
    Hand it in now.

I was young and very, very stupid. I've since learned a lot from that lesson, but be damned if I've made up for it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

In my second year of college I was doing my christmas exams.

I spent two days cramming like mad for my third exam.

The night before my exam I ran into a girl in my class (it was a small class and I wasn't really that friendly with anyone in it) and asked her how she was getting on studying for the exam..... She looked at me like I was mad and told me that the exam had been that morning and I had missed it.

I felt like such a fool and had to repeat the exam in the summer.

I must have read and reread my exam timetable I'd say 100 times but I had gotten it so into my head that I had a free day between each exam that my brain completely ignored that according to the timetable right in front of me the third exam was the day after the second.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

Not a very nice or PC title to this thread

Oh noez, someone used the R-word!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

Left a really amazing job to go to what I thought was going to be a better job... Got ****ed right there.. :mad:

Advertisement