Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most retarded thing you've done in your entire life?

Options
  • 15-11-2010 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Dear ALL,

Now I'm not going to start this thread by giving an account of something retarded I may have done in the past because, quite frankly, I'm a very boring human being with a very bland lifestyle (other than just earlier today when I realised that the chicken eggs we eat are actually unfertilised eggs and the yolk of the egg doesn't actually contain small chicken fetii/ fetuses). Anyway, to continue with the initiation of this most retarded thread, which possible has been created many times before, please give us a splendorous account of the most retarded thing you had the misfortune of doing in your entire life.

Regards,

KP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

YO'RE MA!

Heh :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Sober:
    Stuck my finger into a chip-pan to see if the oil was hot enough. - the bubbling and steam wasnt enough of a sign.

Drunk:
    Shat into a urinal for a bet, got caught by a barman and had to clean it out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

YO'RE MA!

Heh :P
    Is that short for 'You are mad?'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

There were two taxis both with a spare seat. One which had a girl I really liked, the other which was alright. I went in with the one who was alright and ended up going out with her for a few months as a result of it even though had just been told the girl that I liked wanted me in her taxi.

Why?

Cos I'm a f*ckin idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I don't think I'm allowed to post his name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Turned down a dream job to finish my studies in college, One month before the recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

Dropping out of highschool. It's not the most retarded thing I've done, just the one I most regret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I coined the term "Celtic Tiger".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Queued last week for over an hour to renew my driving licence only to find out it had two years left on it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Queued last week for over an hour to renew my driving licence only to find out it had one year left on it :rolleyes:

That's retarded :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

While in work, on a steel ladder, i stuck my finger into a lampholder to see what type of bulb it took.. I'd kinda forgotten to disconnect the light though, and leaning on a steel ladder really didn't help. For some reason i actually thought my boss was messing and shaking the ladder, took me a second to realise it was me shaking everything cos i was getting shocked. Burnt a big hole in my finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Sober:Shopping with my Dad in M&S on Henry Street, I was about 5 or 6. Anyway, got lost as you do, ran around looking for him, saw him and ran up and banged my head against his belly while shouting "Dad, you're getting really fat". I look up, it's not my Dad, some complete stranger, who I just called fat and possibly winded.

Drunk: Set my alarm for 4am, should have been 7am. I get into the shower at 4am, completely inebriated and half asleep, fall over and whack my head giving myself a black eye. Crawl back into bed. Wake up at midday, late for work, with a black eye. Boss was not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Met a girl I really liked and we were going to get with each other. Both really nervous so nothing happened. Haven't stopped liking her since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

came home to mother's house very very drunk
    put electric hob on
    peeled spuds for chip sambo's.....jum
    put chips into deep fryer and placed on hob,went to watch a bit of telly and kinda forgot about them
    long story short....half the kitchen was totally ruined,took the Ma a long time to forgive me for that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

That's retarded :D

Aye, and it see my edit - was in fact worse ..

Went to see a movie in The Lighthouse anyway, so wasn't a totally wasted trip :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Met a girl I really liked and we were going to get with each other. Both really nervous so nothing happened. Haven't stopped liking her since.

You should have told her you knew a great way to fix her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Breaking into a building site and climbing a crane at 3am whilst being quite drunk would have to rank as one of the sillier things I've done in my life tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Toyota_Avensis

Invested shares in Anglo.. Níl sin cliste in aon choí!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

put a cable tie around my neck as a child and tightened it. my mother was not a happy camper that day. it all worken out in the end. when the cable tie was being cut off they caught a bit of my earlobe so i didnt get in trouble AND got ice cream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭medici

Was four or five when I got my hands on a window cleaner thingy that had really powerful magnets in it (I think the idea was that you could wash both sides of a pane of glass while staying indoors or something). Anyway broke the magnets out of it somehow or other and, while my dad was watching snooker on the tv I marched up to it, stuck the magnets to the side and watched in glee as the snooker balls grew bigger and bigger until the entire screen was just a mess of colour...destroyed the tv, back in the day when a new one could cost anywhere around £800/£900

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Was at an Rave one night in the middle of nowhere and being worse for ware and watching spaceships all night in the sky decided to go home.
    I couldn't get the key into the ignition so decided to hot wire it.
    I proceded to rip all the plactic from around the stearing wheel and lo and behold after a few attempts the car started.
    Hopped it into gear gave it a few revs and reversed into a ten foot drain.
    Got out and gve up on the idea of driving and rejoined the party until the next day, which it took several hours and a loan of a tractor form a farmer to tear the car out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

I don't think I'm allowed to post his name.

ah you beat me to it!! :D

....i hope its not the same guy? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Sober: Was rotivating at home and drove halfway across the field with the machine in the ground and the PTO off. Gave an hour with a shovel digging it out far enough to drive out.

Drunk: Slipped on ice last christmas and ****ed up my shoulder for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Believed my dad when I was 4 that he was going to break down our back wall in our house by running at it.

I tried to help. Broke my nose :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Can you fix it?

Probably not...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Years ago I had a McDonalds coke in my hand and instead of just putting it in the bin I decided to throw it over the Trinity college railance :confused:

Instead of going over it clipped the top of a tree and came back down, I then ran over to Dame street where I got on the 83...after I paid I realised that the women who's jacket I just soaked got on the 83 as well at Trinity College (where the termist use to be) :eek:

She tore into me on the bus and I had to just keep acting innocent and pretending that it wasn't me even though she clearly seen me....definitely the longest journey of my life :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Horsed a load of ket when I thought it was charlie that was offered to me by two randomers on the street.

What a hilarious misunderstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Invested shares in Anglo.. Níl sin cliste in aon choí!

How many days ago was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

Birneybau wrote: »
    Can you fix it?

Probably not...

What's this a reference to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

When I was about 7 I was in my friends house. Himself, myself and his sister decided we'd "help" his parents by washing their car...
    With brillo pads.
    Wasn't invited back there for awhile, oddly enough.

Advertisement