Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight Night Champion

Options

Comments

Had my first few fight.... hate the custom fighter online anyway(I'm sure normal with real fighters will be fine)

I went straight in and even though I've outboxed and was beating all the lads so far on the scorecards they all would just win in the end.

They've all just spammed one or punches, the last fella threw a combined 4 jabs and 3 straights to my 100+ jabs alone.

I'm losing interest in this game mode already as even though stat wise I've killed them all so far, my weaker fighter just get's gassed easier or his health drops after one/two decent punches.
    What's the point in playing it if you can't win of the bat, I don't want to be sitting through countless losses to lads I'd hammer with even fighters who neglect 3/4's of the punches yet still win at any rate.

Looks like another good idea poorly implemented like clubs in FIFA, where players can boost their players to 99 while the AI that fill the team play like 50 rated players.

Have to say apart from that, it's a great game, have no complaints with the actual game or game-modes bar this online gym one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

The problem wasn't the online gyms but the fact that EA let you buy your xp in the OWC which leads to 90 rated fights fighting 78 rated guys which was unfair. I'm an 87 rated fighter and got all my XP the hard but no due to the new matchmaking am never matched with anyone below an 84 rated fighter. I'm a lv 27 OWC fighter.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll give that a go, sure.

A guy I was playing last night was very sneaky. He butted me early on and proceeded to go on a major offensive. When I counter punched him into a daze, he hit a low blow and it went to the point deduction cut scene and I lost my window to knock him down. Dirty dog.

Hopefully they remove that from danger screen, make those two illegal blows ineffective(they're pointless anyway tbh).

Have had one lad do it on the second knock down and he got away twice but it was only a matter of time anyway.

Ya never know though they could get lucky sometime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

buttons?

Whats your question? Can you use the face buttons? Yes you can use the buttons or the analogue stick.

• Advertisement

Just gave the normal online a chance now....

What is with the lack of available fighters and weight classes? :mad:

You're not allowed to pick half of the fighters either because there are only three weight classes, and they're not included in that particular class or else they're DLC for the chosen class(Mosley etc.)

That's madness, giving you a game and then restricting online use of most off what you can play offline.

People were going mad about Tiger Woods having courses shown that need to be paid for to play through in the career but this is much worse, it's more like buying FIFA and having to pay to use some teams(wouldn't be surprised to see them try it this year)

Major let down, online seems pointless after OWC seeing as you're not given much of a choice(Lightweight barely has any fighters)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Bought this yesterday. I've gone through a good bit of the Champion mode on Champion difficulty. Alvarez is next up. I've failed against some guys a few times, and barely scraped through against others, but pro seems too easy. Bet the head off David Haye in my first match on pro, just to gauge the difficulty.

Keyshawn flash KO'ed my with his first punch (which wasn't a left hook!). I had an epic battle with him. 2 knockdowns each in 4 rounds.

I really don't have any interest in online. Same problem as UFC, cheater & cheap tactics, where most guys you come up against will just try catch you with the same thing over and over again.

The core game play is excellent though. I'm very pleased with Champion Mode. I'm not really a boxing fan, but found myself complete more than half the Champion Mode fights in one sitting.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Bought this yesterday. I've gone through a good bit of the Champion mode on Champion difficulty. Alvarez is next up. I've failed against some guys a few times, and barely scraped through against others, but pro seems too easy. Bet the head off David Haye in my first match on pro, just to gauge the difficulty.

Keyshawn flash KO'ed my with his first punch (which wasn't a left hook!). I had an epic battle with him. 2 knockdowns each in 4 rounds.

I really don't have any interest in online. Same problem as UFC, cheater & cheap tactics, where most guys you come up against will just try catch you with the same thing over and over again.

The core game play is excellent though. I'm very pleased with Champion Mode. I'm not really a boxing fan, but found myself complete more than half the Champion Mode fights in one sitting.

I probably could have done Champion Mode on a harder difficulty, only had to re-do a part once/twice.

But Legacy Mode would probably be a head wrecker.

I'm playing on Pro, and after the first 8/9 fights it's the same thing every time.

You need to punch the AI's health the whole way down to get a KO chance while they get your numerous times since they spam the crap out of power punches, but yet my higher count of counters still rarely see's them go straight into danger zone.

The danger zone is when it gets really annoying(after the first 8 or 9 fights) though.

You stun them, they walk back HOLDING block and your combo's rarely get through as the button lag means you throw too many extra punches of the same type.

I had one fella avoid a knock down 4/5 times, I wouldn't mind if they were timing the punches and blocking(the AI throws ones when your in danger so you just tap block every time they throw one which is easy enough) but they just hold block and it works way too much for them.

It's seriously annoying, every fight goes> they drain your stamina, you drain their energy, they get you into danger cheaply, you try throw power hooks etc.. and they ALWAYS step back from them.. every fight i've either just had to step and jab and land combos or else time their heavy punches in close and let off one or two upper cuts each time.

Apart from doing those two things, they'll just start knocking you(if they get lucky in danger as with easy timing you avoid it most often)

I'd say a higher difficulty would annoy me more, I just want the boosts for the online(same as ones you use offline)

How in the blue hell do you beat Isaac Frost? Playing on Champion difficulty and its very frustrating.

I was just doing pretty well against him, boom, one punch, knockdown. He walks over after I get up, first punch when I had my guard up, trying to back away from him, KO....And you've to land 75 hooks? I can't even get 15 before he reams me. You've to hit an average of 25 hooks to the body per round for 3 rounds.

He's a tough one alright. I did find when it was getting up to the 60th odd shot landed that he tended to whip out 1 Punch KD's. I waited for him to throw a few punches then go and land 2 then back off. Even stunned him a few times doing this on a counter punch which allows you to just get in and get your numbers up.

• Advertisement

djkeogh wrote: »
    He's a tough one alright. I did find when it was getting up to the 60th odd shot landed that he tended to whip out 1 Punch KD's. I waited for him to throw a few punches then go and land 2 then back off. Even stunned him a few times doing this on a counter punch which allows you to just get in and get your numbers up.

Tried it on professional, and it is so much easier.

Landed 75 body shots in just over one round (4 mins).....stunned him once, then he knocked me out with two punches when I got a bit cocky in the 5th round :o

Whereas on Champion, I can get a max of 15 before he knocks me the f*ck out. Very, very tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How hard is that last fight on Champion Mode? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Seckz Panther

I think it's the best Fight Night yet! The controls are almost perfect, and you actuall yhave to box your way through a fight, rather than throw haymakers constantly

Paully D wrote: »
    How hard is that last fight on Champion Mode? :eek:

You will be violated.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

I think it's the best Fight Night yet! The controls are almost perfect, and you actuall yhave to box your way through a fight, rather than throw haymakers constantly

Its great when you play offline. Especially when playing against friends.

However its horrible when playing online. Dont get me wrong, the idea is great ( OWC, ranked matches, gyms, bar knuckle OWC etc) however there are too many exploits that people use online and you get frustrated easily.

Dont get me started on the body spammers.

One more thing that i dont like about this game is how it sometimes crashes your ps3 for no apparent reason. It will just froze up in the middle of a fight ( offline or online) and restart your ps3. Thankfully it doesnt happen a lot but when it happens, its annoying.

I had a lot of fun with this game though. I think its the best boxing game ever made. Love the controls too. ( i wish they would fix the online exploits and the PS3 freezing/restarting problem).

Yea, i play the game almost exclusively online since day 1. Racked up close to 300 OWC fights at this stage. Beginning to get annoyed when playing it now as the styles are Viral. Someone comes up with an exploit or spam tactic and before you know it nearly everyone is doing it. Makes it so annoying. I can't stand having a 10 round fight with a guy who just scores jabs for the cards and runs and then I lose every round except for the rounds where I invariably close him down and knock him down.

It's a shame but fighting 2-3 of these punks in a row really just makes you want to turn everything off and do something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,365 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

jmx009 wrote: »
    Its great when you play offline. Especially when playing against friends.

However its horrible when playing online. Dont get me wrong, the idea is great ( OWC, ranked matches, gyms, bar knuckle OWC etc) however there are too many exploits that people use online and you get frustrated easily.

Dont get me started on the body spammers.

One more thing that i dont like about this game is how it sometimes crashes your ps3 for no apparent reason. It will just froze up in the middle of a fight ( offline or online) and restart your ps3. Thankfully it doesnt happen a lot but when it happens, its annoying.

I had a lot of fun with this game though. I think its the best boxing game ever made. Love the controls too. ( i wish they would fix the online exploits and the PS3 freezing/restarting problem).

I have to say that I haven't even bothered playing online yet.
    The reason being the amount of cheats I encountered in the online of FNR4. That said I generally avoid online in any game for the same reasons.

I've gotten to appreciate the gameplay over time but I still feel that having to hold L1 for body punching is cumbersome after the fluidity of the last game which felt like a much more polished simulation of boxing be it in a Inside or Outside style. In this game I find myself commiting to the body almost all of the time as headhunting will invariably leave you open to a million counter punches.

I'm still having fun but not as much as I I know I possibly could have if you know what I mean.

Glazers Out!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Have this game a week, absolutely love it. All except the online which is absolute ****e!

Anymore there seems to be nobody online, sometimes I cant even get a quick match going against anyone.

Anytime I do get a match its always against ridiculous opposition, ie Tyson, Isaac Frost gets sickening after a while.

Is it so much to ask for anyone to play lower weights, or lesser fighters if they are so good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Got this from gameclick this week and while the fighting is good fun and the champion mode is pretty good if short. The game can absolutely feck off with it's final boss fight. Isaac Frost is the cheapest AI I've ever seen. He's indestructible and can knock you out with 2 punches. How is that fun? I'm sure the online is fine but after trying to beat him about 10 times I never want to see this game again. Is Fight Night Round 4 any better?

Frost isn't that hard, you just have to do what it says.

Don't throw punches until you're told, you have to run for about 3 rounds. If he gets you into KO territory, time the blocks, don't hold it, it's actually easy enough to stop the AI knocking you out in it as there punches are slow paced and easy to time.

Onlines a bit of a pain, they give f all fighters outside of Heavyweight and the OWC(custom fighter) mode is boring as everyone piles into one punch and spams it over and over.

Worst thing about online is losing a fight and realising they threw 1000 power punches to your 15, if you miss with it, your energy goes to ****, so personally I use it sparingly, seems most others though spam it to death and get away with wins too much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I dunno, you have to hit him 75 times, yet if he hits you twice it's good luck. It's terrible really. The rest of the champion mode was perfectly fine. Should have been a normal fight, the gimmicks ruined it. I tried the legacy mode and thought it was a bit crap. Maybe next time they'll get it right.

FNR4 has only the legacy mode which honestly is a bit crap. The career mode in this was a nice change of pace though. The fights the whole way through tended to handicap you in some way. You pretty much can't afford to take a punch from Frost as more often than not a single punch will just daze you and then it's pot luck whether you can survive without being knocked down. The game does give you checkpoints after you achieve each of the goals though if I remember correctly. Thing to do is get through the first few rounds where you're told to avoid him without getting knocked down. Maybe take a single knock down but if you get more than that you're better of just restarting. He's very beatable although it is a bit cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Not really a fan of boxing games, however.

This is by far one of the best games i've played for a while, the story was great and found myself imersed in it.. Havent managed to get frost yet after the first couple of tries I gave up and went on to legacy.

Started in LHW and then up to heavy weight. Last few fights have been 1st/2nd round ko's.... Beat tyson twice in the 2nd round which I was a bit suprised at tho.

I'm not online at the mo so I've not tried that out but after reading the last few posts it doesn't sound like much fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Got this recently and have been enjoying it but was playing my brother earlier and he just spammed the body for all our fights,I was raging.
    Whats an effective defense against this? I tried uppercuts but no luck,I could do the same and spam body too but that would be no fun

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Go this game and loved it - said I'd start off in easy mode and absolutely píssed through the game until the final fight - it's ridiculous the jump in difficulty!!

Was sticking to what the coach was telling me - lasted 4 rounds before I went to jab the body and got knocked the fúck out :(

I'll go at it again but it was annoying at the time!!

Ya it can be frustrating alright but if you go with what the coach says you'll do alrite

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ya it can be frustrating alright but if you go with what the coach says you'll do alrite
    Yeah basically just mirroring what others have said - it was a shock really because I got through the entire career mode so easily and then it was like having to fight the Russian from Rocky!!

I was thinking, I'll finish this off and skip medium difficulty, challenge myself with hard but god above I got some land!! I'm all for games being tough but I've never seen anything this ridiculous!!

Finished it last night - turned out to be fairly easy

So might start again on hard or something

Is the legacy mode worth checking out?

Created a boxer - Big Bang Casey :pac: but didn't do any of the fights

PaulieC wrote: »
    Finished it last night - turned out to be fairly easy

So might start again on hard or something

Is the legacy mode worth checking out?

Created a boxer - Big Bang Casey :pac: but didn't do any of the fights

I found legacy mode alrite,ya just fight and level up your boxer really,sickening thing for me was got really far into it and then it started freezing on the loading screen of a fight...and I wasn't going starting again.

• Advertisement

Recently gone back playing this online and was doing alright when suddenely I recieved this message.

BH 38 88 is gathering the worthy elite to storm the owc gyms leaderboard.
    We believe you are worthy indeed and would be honoured if you would join us.....and it goes on like this all in caps too.

Anyways I got a laugh out of it

Advertisement