Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight Night Champion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Ooohh good call. Ive shouted at the ref countless times.

Corcaigh07, ill set up an Xbox gym, and ill post in the Xbox forum to get a few more members. Youll love the game by the way, I thought the demo was good but im blown away by the full game.

Its a wicked game. Picked it up yesterday morning and found it hard to drag myself away from it. Only played a few matches in to Championship mode so haven't really formed an opinion about it yet. Been playing legacy most of the time and damn its hard. Breezed through the amateur tournament, won a few fights and now have to pick from four of the hardest bastards in the division (middleweight) for my next fight :D

Training seems much improved, I'm not really having any problems with any of the training games or reaching Champion level for each (nice XP boost with the more pricey gyms). I also adjusted the sliders for fighter damage and turned referee damage awareness off in options and all I can say is its brutal. Most fights seem to be turned in to a bloodbath within the first 2 rounds. Although my fighter does nearly have a vicious right hook maxed out in his skills ;)

Stuck in work now for the night but dying to get back to play this some more. Excellent game from my first few hours with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

DarkJager wrote: »
    Its a wicked game. Picked it up yesterday morning and found it hard to drag myself away from it. Only played a few matches in to Championship mode so haven't really formed an opinion about it yet. Been playing legacy most of the time and damn its hard. Breezed through the amateur tournament, won a few fights and now have to pick from four of the hardest bastards in the division (middleweight) for my next fight :D

Training seems much improved, I'm not really having any problems with any of the training games or reaching Champion level for each (nice XP boost with the more pricey gyms). I also adjusted the sliders for fighter damage and turned referee damage awareness off in options and all I can say is its brutal. Most fights seem to be turned in to a bloodbath within the first 2 rounds. Although my fighter does nearly have a vicious right hook maxed out in his skills ;)

Stuck in work now for the night but dying to get back to play this some more. Excellent game from my first few hours with it.

i agree.. One of the better boxing games that i have seen over the years.

I had a blast last night with my friends..

There was this match where i was playing as some light weight dude. It was a 10 round (3 min each ) match. I won all the rounds uptill the 9th round. I am sure i would have won the 10th round too, would if had it gone the distance. But then my friend friend flash knocked me out somewhere in the last 30 secs. It sucked that i lost but brilliant in the sense that you can come back in the last second of the game.

I was pretty reckless in the last round and my friend took advantage of it..

Its a real boxing game, no joke there...

Would seriously recomend this game to anyone...

we should create a boards.ie online gym both on the ps3 and the 360. Personally i own the ps3, so i prefer it..

Comon sheehy83, irishstevo815. U guys normally are big into fighting games,

Where you at on this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The Xbox Gym is now set up, there is a thread about it over in the Xbox forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Hopefully getting this next week can't wait looks brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

eugeneious wrote: »
    Hopefully getting this next week can't wait looks brilliant!

Can't afford this at the moment, hopefully i'll be winning this Monday :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

just joined the gym , only one other member hope i have the right one. Just bought the game today struggling to get past the fight when the judges are corrupt :-(

Sarge wrote: »
    just joined the gym , only one other member hope i have the right one. Just bought the game today struggling to get past the fight when the judges are corrupt :-(

Yeah well I think it should just be the two of us for now, you should be able to tell by my fighter's name and my username ;)

Try reducing the difficulty...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

jmx009 wrote: »

I will have it during the week sometime, and will join the boards gym (if set up)!
    One of my first tasks will be to create Bernard Dunne and take him online to kick ass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Try reducing the difficulty...

can you do that mid campaign ?

• Advertisement

can you do that mid campaign ?

I think i read in a posting in the official forum that you can change the difficulty level in champion mode halfway through. You cant however change it in the middle of the fight..

Hope that helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

they meddled with the analogue for the punch variations. 'full spectrum control'?! no more mimicking the actual motion of the punch. and less control over what you wanted to throw, actually.. f'd if i'm mashing buttons too; though it feels better than the new analogue debacle of merely flicking one direction i am sorry to see they've decided to incorporate it :/ was probably necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Spoiler about champion mode.
    Anyone else finding the Isaac fight at the end very very hard! Still can't beat him after about an hour of trying.

Johner wrote: »
    Anyone else finding the Isaac fight at the end very very hard! Still can't beat him after about an hour of trying.

It seems eye-contact is all it takes to send me crashing down.

Johner wrote: »

I havent gone past that stage too..
    Hell, i havent even been able to hold him off for the first 2 rounds as the game says... :)

The online in this game is absolutely brilliant. I am not talking about the lag issues but the general idea of having gyms, tournaments and the world championships are all really taking the online gamining experience (especially the fighting games ) to the next level.

UFC 2010 had online gyms. Honestly it sucked. The online gyms in this game is different alltogether. you can create a boxer from scratch and you have to fight with each member once in a season and your stats are tracked. You can also spar with your gym members any time. You can also have rivalry matches with other gyms. Everything gives you points which then can be used to improve your boxers overall stats. Its like an RPG except there aint no dialogues just fighting.

Then there is the online championships and the tournaments ( havent tried that) but there are a lot of people talking about it.

There is already a boards gym for the 360 set up by mikeyto86.
    If there are many Ps3 players, let me know and we will create one for the PS3 too..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If I don't win it :D i'll be picking it up in the next few months, completely broke now but mad to give this a go. Champion mode sounds right up my street and the online gyms just sound class. Pity I couldn't pick this up yet, demo was a lotta fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

Just a quick question the Boxer you create in Legacy mode, does he be the fighter you use online in the gyms and other online modes? or do you need to create a new from scratch, just for online.

Cheers!

halolma wrote: »
    Just a quick question the Boxer you create in Legacy mode, does he be the fighter you use online in the gyms and other online modes? or do you need to create a new from scratch, just for online.

Cheers!

Ah no, you can create a new one for online or you can use your legacy mode fighter. I believe his stats will be lowered to 78 when you take him online.

You have to work your way up from there.

cheers mate, will have a go of it, I am utter rubbish, but will have a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

sheehy83 wrote: »
    If I don't win it :D i'll be picking it up in the next few months, completely broke now but mad to give this a go. Champion mode sounds right up my street and the online gyms just sound class. Pity I couldn't pick this up yet, demo was a lotta fun!

Same as here....while I usually don't buy a lot of second hand games, I have no money at the moment at all (just bought persona 3 portable new from amazon so thats my money spent!!). Is there an online pass for this game as in other EA titles?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There is an online pass, yeah. Some second hand copies will probably still have a valid one in it.

I'm having real trouble balancing my stamina in this. I'm always ****ed by the 5th round, winning by a mile, knockdowns and everything, but I run out of steam and cant throw two digs.

Grayditch wrote: »
    There is an online pass, yeah. Some second hand copies will probably still have a valid one in it.

I'm having real trouble balancing my stamina in this. I'm always ****ed by the 5th round, winning by a mile, knockdowns and everything, but I run out of steam and cant throw two digs.

You can try online for free for 7 days if you dont have the pass....

Try to avoid using the heavy punch modifier in the early rounds. I usually play with my opponents in the first 3-4 rounds. Make him loose out on his stamina. I only use jabs,straight punches and body shots in the first 3-4 rounds.. Once i feel like the oppent is slowing down, thats when i start throwing the heavy punches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Played through Champion Mode this weekend and it just disapointed me no end. The story was crap and rushed to the point it was just a blur, the scripted fights sucked and that asshole Isaac Frost
    Why do I have to run away from this pussy for so many rounds only to knock him down in less than 5 punches at the end of it?

Legacy mode has been a brilliant experience though, had some really great fights throughout my career. Was forced to retire my middleweight with a record of 89-0-0-89 KO. That's probably my only gripe about it as Jake Lamotta had a record of something like 97 fights that I was aiming for. I never got cut or swollen too badly, always booked fights with the least weeks leading in and then get forced to retire. Have to say though, in my last 5 fights I turned it into a blood bath. The key to opening guys up is hooks. Jabs and straights will cause swelling and small cuts around the eyes, but hooks will open big nasty gashes on their face that bleed everywhere :D

Going to start again tonight with a Heavyweight fighter. My question is, as you need to move weight class to get GOAT status, is this down instead of up in HW division?

DarkJager wrote: »

Was forced to retire my middleweight with a record of 89-0-0-89 KO. That's probably my only gripe about it as Jake Lamotta had a record of something like 97 fights that I was aiming for. I never got cut or swollen too badly, always booked fights with the least weeks leading in and then get forced to retire.

89-0-0-89... Thats an impressive record, What difficulty where you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

just got this yesterday, really enjoyable so far, champion mode is brilliant imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Started into this yesterday myself. Really enjoying the Champion mode. Stuck on Keyshawn at the moment playing on Pro. Fought him about 5 or 6 times and managed to eek out a draw in 1 game which was frustrating. Might have to drop the difficulty.

Had a 3 online fights as well. Lost the first 2 fights. 1 to a 91 fighter against my 78 so i was crumpled in the first round with ease. 2nd guy just kept throwing the same power punch over and over again and frustratingly managed to win.

3rd fight was a proper evenly matched punch up which i won by 4th round KO.

I do like the idea of levelling up your boxer through the XP earned in fights and stuff. There are also a number of bonuses for doing certain things in the Legacy Mode. Might start into a legacy round tonight and see how I get on.

Would be great to get a good active Gym going. I've already signed up to the Boards one but we need more folks.

my boxer is about 80 overall, when i first join a gym and take him online he gets lowered to 78 overall... does he go up after every fight then... with the XP you earn? have yet to try it, will try it later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Yea I think the Legacy mode and OWC fighters have independant stats. From the 3 fights I fought online I earned about 700xp which I could then spend on an array of stats. Most stats costing a little under 200xp and increasing in cost per level.

• Advertisement

okay cool! :)

Advertisement