Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight Night Champion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

jmx009 wrote: »
    Yea manny was a beast to beat..

Have you ever noticed how quickly bruises and damage start to appear on Cotto's face ? Of all the 4 boxers in the game, Cotto gets the most facial damage. That too in no time....

I got lucky when I beat him. He dropped his guard, I weaved when he threw the punch then landed a headbutt and a flurry of uppercuts. The last one nearly tore him out of his little boots - instant KO on his first time down in the match :D

Oddly enough, I thought Pacquiao was the most easily damaged in the demo. His face just seems to split open after a few good punches. If I fight Cotto, I can swell his eye up a bit but he's usually got me busted at that stage anyway. Tyson seems to be the more damage prone than Ali - he's like punching a brick wall.

Damage looks like it will play a huge part in your legacy career though. I've seen comments that the later you get in to your career, the longer cuts and brusies take to vanish (even showing up for the fight with eyes still bruised etc). Obviously that could lead to very short fights in your later years so it will be a tactical element to manage that as well. I think it will be mainly legacy I'll play when I get it - will wait for a while before starting the Story mode of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

jmx009 wrote: »
    How did u get the game so early? Are u in america or something?

No Dublin lol I downloaded it for ps3
    Anyway no need talk bout that in here.
    I might get chance play more today if not 2morrw the fights I find so far are lot like fn4 ain't played it enough notice any major differences

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

DarkJager wrote: »
    I got lucky when I beat him. He dropped his guard, I weaved when he threw the punch then landed a headbutt and a flurry of uppercuts. The last one nearly tore him out of his little boots - instant KO on his first time down in the match :D

I can only imagine the satisfaction that you felt after that victory..

Damage looks like it will play a huge part in your legacy career though. I've seen comments that the later you get in to your career, the longer cuts and brusies take to vanish (even showing up for the fight with eyes still bruised etc). Obviously that could lead to very short fights in your later years so it will be a tactical element to manage that as well. I think it will be mainly legacy I'll play when I get it - will wait for a while before starting the Story mode of it.

sounds interesting...

Anyone else picking this up tomorrow?

I've been playing the demo non stop this week, getting plenty of training in :D

Just about to stick it back on meself now aint had chance play it proper since i started playing it Monday.

Wanna test the facial damage out bit more as they have made a big deal about the new ''Gritty darker'' image of the game.

• Advertisement

Just about to stick it back on meself now aint had chance play it proper since i started playing it Monday.

Wanna test the facial damage out bit more as they have made a big deal about the new ''Gritty darker'' image of the game.

I've had some fairly ugly fights in the demo so far, the damage is much more present than previous Fight Nights. Fought Cotto last night and by the KO, he had 2 huge wounds on his face, both eyes closed up with swelling, blood all over the ring all over his shorts and all over my gloves! :D

Looking forward to Legacy mode the most, not too pushed about Chamoion mode for the moment.

I've had some fairly ugly fights in the demo so far, the damage is much more present than previous Fight Nights. Fought Cotto last night and by the KO, he had 2 huge wounds on his face, both eyes closed up with swelling, blood all over the ring all over his shorts and all over my gloves! :D

Looking forward to Legacy mode the most, not too pushed about Chamoion mode for the moment.

Nice!! Probley notice it more on certain fighters.

Legacy mode is much more stacked this year from what i have played so far. Seems to of pushed difficulty up slightly as well even when starting out.

Nice!! Probley notice it more on certain fighters.

Legacy mode is much more stacked this year from what i have played so far. Seems to of pushed difficulty up slightly as well even when starting out.

Yeah especially Pacquaio - he just seems to split open after a few heavy punches. No one can beat Hatton though - that guy was just put in to previous FN to show off the damage models :D

What difficulty settings are available? I'm just wondering this because the demo seems to be set to at least Normal or Hard difficulty.

Yeah especially Pacquaio - he just seems to split open after a few heavy punches. No one can beat Hatton though - that guy was just put in to previous FN to show off the damage models :D

What difficulty settings are available? I'm just wondering this because the demo seems to be set to at least Normal or Hard difficulty.

I forget the names but there the same as last years far as i can remember hall of fame world class champion rookie i think another one.

I started on rookie to see would the change of buttons make a difference and its deffo been made bit more difficult not a bad thing though as i found meself playing it last year and getting bored with destroying fighters without any real fuss.

I forget the names but there the same as last years far as i can remember hall of fame world class champion rookie i think another one.

I started on rookie to see would the change of buttons make a difference and its deffo been made bit more difficult not a bad thing though as i found meself playing it last year and getting bored with destroying fighters without any real fuss.

Yeah I noticed that from the demo alone. FN3 & FN4 I could just swing haymakers at guys and put them down in a round or two. This time, its a lot more tactical. I find myself really having to watch the opponent and make good use of the weaving and blocking.

• Advertisement

Ya im glad they have made it bit more interesting it seems be a much more polished game so far from what ive played.

One thing is slightly annoying though is i find meself throwing punchs and missing alot cause the buttons can be so sensitive. Hit circle on ps3 pad at least one time more and you find yourself hitting two or three punchs into air.

Ya im glad they have made it bit more interesting it seems be a much more polished game so far from what ive played.

One thing is slightly annoying though is i find meself throwing punchs and missing alot cause the buttons can be so sensitive. Hit circle on ps3 pad at least one time more and you find yourself hitting two or three punchs into air.

I find that an awful lot with the stick on 360. If I tap down for an uppercut, he'll swing 2. If I try to swing a power punch once, he'll swing twice and most likely get KO'd because he'll miss both. I haven't tried the button punching yet so can't say if thats the same but there does appear to be some over reaction from the punch controls.

Hopefully with more play ill get used to it but i find meself winning fights but with such a low percentage of punchs hit. Its a killer on your stamina as well.

Hopefully with more play ill get used to it but i find meself winning fights but with such a low percentage of punchs hit. Its a killer on your stamina as well.

One thing I'm interested to know about - what are the skill points for your boxer like and how much XP do you gain from fights? I watched one of the videos in the demo about Legacy and they were showing a screen with a load of different skills, including "unlockables" in each such as increased Flash KOs with right or left fist.

One thing I'm interested to know about - what are the skill points for your boxer like and how much XP do you gain from fights? I watched one of the videos in the demo about Legacy and they were showing a screen with a load of different skills, including "unlockables" in each such as increased chance of Flash KOs with right or left fist.

Depends on how you win the fight and how well you use the training before a fight.

Theres also certain set targets your trainer will give you like say knockout your opponent before round 3 or inflict a cut and so on you get extra xp for this.

It looks like your really gonna have to do alot of work to bring up the stats highish cause the amount of xp you need early on when you have week stats is very high.

Depends on how you win the fight and how well you use the training before a fight.

Theres also certain set targets your trainer will give you like say knockout your opponent before round 3 or inflict a cut and so on you get extra xp for this.

It looks like your really gonna have to do alot of work to bring up the stats highish cause the amount of xp you need early on when you have week stats is very high.

Nice, that should keep me busy for the weekend so! :D

Really hope somewhere breaks release date this evening for this.

Doubt it they have stopped that for nearly every game last year or so.
    Loada gay cause i used to love excitment of getting a game early by surprise lol :)

I am so pumped about this game..... Cant wait till tomorow evening.

Tiz a shame that i have to work tomorow.
    I've a arranged a tournament at my place, some of my friends are going to throw it down tomorow.. Its going to be wild..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Quite impressed with the demo. The graphics are off the hook. It seems, during the replays, not a lot of the punches look like they connect, looks odd a lot of the time. Always the way.

It's no Rocky Legends or Ready 2 Rumble, but I'll pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Have they got rid of the signature punches?

ShaneU wrote: »
    Have they got rid of the signature punches?

No, i dont think there are anymore signature punches.. Didnt see it in the demo, nor did i read anything about it in the official forums.

Its a good game from what i heard. I am getting it today after work. If anyones interested in some online bouts or in creating an onlin gym, hit me up on PSN: jmx009

See yall in the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Just a heads up folks, I'm going to have a 2 copies of this game to give away on Monday (one each on 360 and PS3) in a little competition :)

I did get a chance to see this game in action in November at the EA Showcase event and the gentleman talking us through it said that the main change to the punching mechanic came because they analysed the telemetry of how people played FN4 and found that there was a massive discrepency between left and right hand punches as the right hand punches were more awkward to perform on a thumbstick (i.e. moving your thumb "in" towards your hand is less natural than moving it out, especially for rotation manouvers for the different punch types) and so they changed it to the current system. Now, I've not played 4 myself, but I have played the MMA game which uses the same engine and more or less the same control mechanics and I can see this change being somewhat easier to manage. Gonna give the demo a lash myself this evening to see how it pans out.

I'll be back on Monday with a new thread for that competition ;)

goody goody.. A competion in boards.ie for a game. Nice..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Anyone got any tips for this game i got it from EA on Thursday first one ive played in the series and im working my way through the story mode which is brilliant. I'm starting to get used to the "its not a button basher" style and taking my time but i'm winning most of my fights on points rather than KO's.

Id it to just keep working on combos finishing with heavy hits when they are on the back foot im on a fight where i have to knock him out to advance but can only get him to go down the once in the four rounds.

What difficulty mode are yall playing in?

I am playing at pro and i am finding it a bit too easy. Does anyone know what the difficulty of the demo was? The demo was really challenging..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Absolutely in love with this game.

Got it at around 2pm this afternoon and if it wasnt for damn football and physical excercise from 4:30-6:30 I wouldnt have stopped playing. Only just come off now to post how much I love it and then im back in.

Champion Mode has me hooked. Loving the story, the prison fights are unreal. The cinematics are absolutely brilliant, and im thrilled EA put this in because I was getting bored of the Train, Fight, Train, Fight, Train, Fight of the Legacy mode which is still there, but Ive only done the amateur tournament in that. Only problem is Ill probably finish Champion Mode soon because I am really into it.

Also, Aloe Blacc's "I Need A Dollar" being one of the tracks in the game is a huge plus for me, love that song.

The gameplay is the best yet in a Fight Night for me, having been in from the beginning on PS2, and the graphics are a showcase for the console, earlier my sister walked in and said "Jesus, this is what games look like now?".

Im worried about the longetivity of the game, as after Champion Mode ends either tonight or tomorrow its back to Legacy mode, but for now im absolutely loving it.

Also, have to set up a Boards.ie gym online.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The first thing I did was change the camera angle. Very intrusive Ref. The storyline makes it that bit more interesting that boring stat pages or watching your name rise slowly up the ranks with boring screens of text. The fighters all have personality too. Good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Absolutely in love with this game.

Got it at around 2pm this afternoon and if it wasnt for damn football and physical excercise from 4:30-6:30 I wouldnt have stopped playing. Only just come off now to post how much I love it and then im back in.

Champion Mode has me hooked. Loving the story, the prison fights are unreal. The cinematics are absolutely brilliant, and im thrilled EA put this in because I was getting bored of the Train, Fight, Train, Fight, Train, Fight of the Legacy mode which is still there, but Ive only done the amateur tournament in that. Only problem is Ill probably finish Champion Mode soon because I am really into it.

Also, Aloe Blacc's "I Need A Dollar" being one of the tracks in the game is a huge plus for me, love that song.

The gameplay is the best yet in a Fight Night for me, having been in from the beginning on PS2, and the graphics are a showcase for the console, earlier my sister walked in and said "Jesus, this is what games look like now?".

Im worried about the longetivity of the game, as after Champion Mode ends either tonight or tomorrow its back to Legacy mode, but for now im absolutely loving it.

Also, have to set up a Boards.ie gym online.

ill be getting the game by march 14th at the latest, id be keen on joining ya for the Boards Gym. the gametrailers.com review was stunning for this and i loved the demo too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Grayditch wrote: »
    The first thing I did was change the camera angle. Very intrusive Ref. The storyline makes it that bit more interesting that boring stat pages or watching your name rise slowly up the ranks with boring screens of text. The fighters all have personality too. Good game.

Ooohh good call. Ive shouted at the ref countless times.

Corcaigh07, ill set up an Xbox gym, and ill post in the Xbox forum to get a few more members. Youll love the game by the way, I thought the demo was good but im blown away by the full game.

Advertisement