Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do We Need Constitutional Changes In Ireland Through A Coup

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

This is the only rational, sensible, and democratic thing I have heard so far.
    The mindset of some of the people on here is, frankly, terrifying. Who knew we had so many little Hitlers in Ireland? :rolleyes:
    Or maybe it's just Walter Mitty night where starry eyed dreamers indulge in their political fetishes.

No one told you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Colm! wrote: »
    Featuring propaganda imagery of him walking and talking in various dramatic locations, including Antarctica, the outside of a volcano, Tokyo, and the surface of the fucking sun.
    Created using taxpayer money and produced by RTÉ.
    How dare you use profanity when referring to the dear leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

A bloodless coup by who and for whom?

Yawn!By the Irish army for the Irish people.It's written in my previous post.
    It pains me to say it but we aren't some violent unstable third world country with an evil, oppressive government. In a democracy coups aren't necessary. If you don't like the government vote for someone else when the time comes.

So we would have to wait until our government got unstable,violent,evil and oppressive.I'm going to leave evil out here due to the subjectivity of the word.

So you think they are stable?Being forced to bail out banks against our will is oppressive.Disregarding our NO vote was oppressive.Their shielding of and collusion with RCC paedophiles has enabled oppression.Gardai baton charging OAPs at Corrib protests?

You think you live in a democracy?It's a shamocracy.Ireland is still run by absentee landlords, like the ECB,IMF,World Bank,U.N.,EU Commission etc, etc.The clowns and crooks you seem to think are running a democracy are nothing more than hatchet men.

The last thing we need is for a bunch of crazies to start causing trouble to get us kicked out of the EU.

What crazies?I'm talking about a swift, bloodless coup, carried out by the army, with the specific intent of preventing the crazies from running amock.

How could a 'bunch of crazies' get us kicked out of the EU.Please do explain that to me in detail.By what legal process and precedent would this occur?Can you show me the legislation that sets out a course of excommunicatory action in response to 'trouble caused by crazies'

I'd be delighted if the EU could kick us out.They can't and they don't want to.If you read the 'treaty', you would know this.

The first thing I would like to see after a military coup is our immediate withdrawal from the EU as it stands.We can still maintain trade agreements and start new ones, like the Swiss.Ever wonder how EU buys Swiss dairy and livestock but tells us we are overproducing in that area?Ever wonder why Clonakilty Black Pudding is made with Argentinian beef blood?When did the Argies join the EU.

This is the only rational, sensible, and democratic thing I have heard so far.
    The mindset of some of the people on here is, frankly, terrifying. Who knew we had so many little Hitlers in Ireland? :rolleyes:
    Or maybe it's just Walter Mitty night where starry eyed dreamers indulge in their political fetishes.

You'd probably have been one of those throwing rotten veg at the men of 1916,had you been around.

What Clarke,Collins, Pearse etc did was extremely violent.They must be the epitome of disgust for you with your in vogue "oh I'm so mature I frown upon violence".

They got results though.You will never get results because you believe you have a vote that counts.So sit there, cowering with your prescribed principles and faux piety, while real men stand up and do something.You can't even bear to hear it spoken of can you.But you'd probably be the first to endorse it and falsely glorify it after the deed is done.

It is your mentality that has put this country in the dark hole we are in today.Thanks for nothing.

We'll start in Cork. They're hurlers are always up for a coup.

If Cork is still part of Ireland by then.Their hurlers want international caps now.And they want to stay out of the Championship and just play the winners for the title of World hurling champions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

There's a huge difference between rebelling against a deluded government who are clinging to power because it suits them, and rebelling violently against a continuing foreign occupation of Ireland. Please don't tarnish what the 1916 guys did - or play up the anti-democratic fools in Leinster House at present - by comparing the two.

I think they're trying their best as far as governing the country goes, personally, and I duuno if anyone in an established party could do any better. But holding off on the bye-elections combined with their mish-mash way of doing things and lack of ability to maintain full control of things mean a change is in order - even if it's short lived.

Maybe the time has come seeing as how no political party in the country has two brain cells to rub together - this is a serious suggestion too - there has on the whole been a HUGE amount of sensible contributions on this forum and website, and in 100% seriousness if it were allowed I reckon a group of boardsies should start a party and we should all go up for election. Odds on we'd get more seats that the greens, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

You'd probably have been one of those throwing rotten veg at the men of 1916,had you been around.

What Clarke,Collins, Pearse etc did was extremely violent.They must be the epitome of disgust for you with your in vogue "oh I'm so mature I frown upon violence".

They got results though.You will never get results because you believe you have a vote that counts.So sit there, cowering with your prescribed principles and faux piety, while real men stand up and do something.You can't even bear to hear it spoken of can you.But you'd probably be the first to endorse it and falsely glorify it after the deed is done.

It is your mentality that has put this country in the dark hole we are in today.Thanks for nothing.

1916=Country under oppression.
    2010=Democracy. You know, whereby everybody gets to have a say in who is elected into power? If it doesn't go my way, I tend not to throw my toys out of the pram and start using violence. But hey, different strokes for different folks. Just don't be surprised when you keep pushing and somebody pushes back.
    Also, I tend to take the glorification of the 1916 men with a pinch of salt, tbh. Their attempt at revolution was a total failure. It was only when the British over-reacted and executed the lot that the people started to sit up and take notice. But I'm sure you already knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

2010=Democracy. You know, whereby everybody gets to have a say in who is elected into power? If it doesn't go my way, I tend not to throw my toys out of the pram and start using violence. But hey, different strokes for different folks. Just don't be surprised when you keep pushing and somebody pushes back.
    Also, I tend to take the glorification of the 1916 men with a pinch of salt, tbh. Their attempt at revolution was a total failure. It was only when the British over-reacted and executed the lot that the people started to sit up and take notice. But I'm sure you already knew that.

2011=Country under oppression.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Oranage2 wrote: »
    2011=Country in recession
    FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

The time is fast approaching for our army to step up and do what they are paid to do by the Irish taxpayer.[/QUOTE]
    `
    The tax payer pays our army to obey the orders of the democratically elected government. The army have a proud record of staying out of politics in this country. Any time an army gets involved in politics it ends badly for all concerned. Look at Thailand, Burma, Argentina, etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭RockinRolla

Frogeye wrote: »
    The time is fast approaching for our army to step up and do what they are paid to do by the Irish taxpayer`
    The tax payer pays our army to obey the orders of the democratically elected government. The army have a proud record of staying out of politics in this country. Any time an army gets involved in politics it ends badly for all concerned. Look at Thailand, Burma, Argentina, etc etc.

I seriously doubt the army could be bothered to get up off their backside until its too late (if at all). The majority of people in this country have zero initiative when it comes to the current Government, yet complain about it all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Nodin wrote: »
    baseball bat? Machete? Is there something wrong with the traditional hurley and phase tester?

I'd love to know, just out of curiousity (sp?), how you inflict serious damage with a phase tester. Maybe the term means something completely different to you ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Coup = Take over by another goverment sector, usually the military.
    Revolt = Same ****, but by the people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭marglin

A colour revolution on budget day might at least force an election. This is still a democracy so a peaceful colour revolution would be like a sort of democratic coup thereby keeping the crazies and the moderates happy.

At the end of the day we all just want FF out. I have respect for lenihan but his whole party is rotten to the core. Probably FG/Labour arent any better but how do we know if we dont give them a chance.

On the other hand my chainsaw could use an aul run out on the town, god knows he's been missing the action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

marglin wrote: »
    A colour revolution on budget day might at least force an election. This is still a democracy so a peaceful colour revolution would be like a sort of democratic coup thereby keeping the crazies and the moderates happy.

Proper order. All that's needed is everybody to be outside Leinster House on budget day. It could be epic, everybody should take the day off and go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

dvpower wrote: »
    I'd settle for an erection.

Post fixed by FF Propaganda Minister Pat Goebbels.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The leader is good, the leader is great. We surrender our will, as of this date.

Advertisement