Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL QB Power Ratings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Lads chillax, it's Sunday. 4 and a half hours till kick off.

Davejose I agree neither Brady nor Elway were better in 01 or 98 resectively.

Brett farve in lack of skills! He still throws one of the tightest spirals around and at 41!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Syferus wrote: »
    Public service annoucement: don't feed anger by letting yourself get dragged into arguments you know will prove pointless!

To be honest with you out of all the new users you let yourself get involved far too much by pointing out "Oh look another argument lets all point and laugh" but you are one of the worst on here for stoking the fire with your nonsense at times. At least guys like Neilster have come along offer up to the plate and get into the banter. Sure at the start it was a rocky road but he got right into and has offered some excellent posts and I like reading his stuff as for you every second post is becoming nothing but flaming.

This thread many of us are guilty of getting too involved but Syferus don't for second think you are not in among those involved in it also. You clearly have been taking pot shots at Pats fans and those who rank Brady with your Brady is god comments and smart arse comments.

Eagle Eye and myself and others are passionate and very opinionated and get sucked in very easy and to be honest your pot shots are the worst. Whatever about people debating opinion you just write nonsense and stoke the fire.

Spiralism said he doesnt rate Brady and that is his opinion and Eagle was probably wrong to give the :rolleyes: but you then stoking the fire isn't helping the issue at all. You know it will only cause sh1te so why do it? And then after wards try point blame at others.

I am sure for this post I will get the warning or ban for back seat modding or some boll0cks so enjoy your nfl sunday folks. If people throw less flaming smart ass comments out there maybe just maybe threads would move better.

Remember, kids, in the end of the day we're all talking about a game where grown men dress in shoulder pads and skin-tight knee pants as well as routinely grope each other in places where if touched on the street they'd be slapped with a sexual assault charge. Let's try to keep a little perspective, eh?

Such fooking nonsense. Talk about dis-respecting the sport. Joke or not its bad taste. If you really feel this way about the forum why bother? Just because you don't like a serious discussion doesn't mean others don't. Seems you hold AF at a low regard and it has now summed you up completely. And I will gladly take a ban for telling you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,769 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Honestly what's with you and respect. I don't look at a users join date before replying to their post. The post itself doesn;t change because the user joined in 2002 or whatever.

Chucky mostly makes quality posts but that wasn't, that post was the epitomy of everything I dont like about football fans.

Eagle Eye you're entitled to your opinions, but you're not entitled to talk for everyone on this forum, saying users have to do certain things for respect? I'll be the judge for who I respect and why, I don't need you telling me who to respect thank you very much.
    Your comments about Chucky's post = Disrespecting somebody. Do you understand that?

Whats the opposite of disrespect? Thats right its respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

To be honest with you out of all the new users you let yourself get involved far too much by pointing out "Oh look another argument lets all point and laugh" but you are one of the worst on here for stoking the fire with your nonsense at times. At least guys like Neilster have come along offer up to the plate and get into the banter. Sure at the start it was a rocky road but he got right into and has offered some excellent posts and I like reading his stuff as for you every second post is becoming nothing but flaming.

This thread many of us are guilty of getting too involved but Syferus don't for second think you are not in among those involved in it also. You clearly have been taking pot shots at Pats fans and those who rank Brady with your Brady is god comments and smart arse comments.

Eagle Eye and myself and others are passionate and very opinionated and get sucked in very easy and to be honest your pot shots are the worst. Whatever about people debating opinion you just write nonsense and stoke the fire.

Spiralism said he doesnt rate Brady and that is his opinion and Eagle was probably wrong to give the :rolleyes: but you then stoking the fire isn't helping the issue at all. You know it will only cause sh1te so why do it? And then after wards try point blame at others.

I am sure for this post I will get the warning or ban for back seat modding or some boll0cks so enjoy your nfl sunday folks. If people throw less flaming smart ass comments out there maybe just maybe threads would move better.

And that, friends, is why I said most people would agree with what I said and bear less ill-will towards me than others.
    Such fooking nonsense. Talk about dis-respecting the sport. Joke or not its bad taste. If you really feel this way about the forum why bother? Just because you don't like a serious discussion doesn't mean others don't. Seems you hold AF at a low regard and it has now summed you up completely. And I will gladly take a ban for telling you that.

Thanks for illustrating my points for me, though!

• Advertisement

And that, friends, is why I said most people would agree with what I said and bear less ill-will towards me than others.

Thanks for illustrating my points for me, though!

:rolleyes: This once again sums up your nonsense. The fact you look for approval from anonymous folk on the net shows how pathetic you are really. You continuously make bad jokes flame threads and then try hold up your hand as the innocent one. Oh and you are welcome.

:rolleyes: This once again sums up your nonsense. The fact you look for approval from anonymous folk on the net shows how pathetic you are really. You continuously make bad jokes flame threads and then try hold up your hand as the innocent one. Oh and you are welcome.

A few quick points; it's you and Eagle Eye that's hyper senstive about the Patriots, not the other way around. I'd have no hesistation in saying both the Patriots and Brady have been great and indeed look good this year as well. The rest of us just have a problem with the way you jump down peoples' throats if they say something you don't like, be it abuot the Patriots or anything else. You've got a horrible sense of humour; you somehow think a wry joke is an egregious insult when it's anything but by the very fact it's a joke. Most everyone else can see that I'm usually trying to stop you or Eagle Eye going completly off the reservation and escalating an argument into a pointless feces-flinging contest, not to insult you or anything you like.

Indeed you'll notice that I've always strayed away from hurling the personal abuse you slingshot in my direction (and others) because this has only ever been about how you're negatively effecting peoples' enjoyment and not something deeply personal. I'm not the bad guy or the one doing the wrong things; however much you try to paint that as the case it's never going to stick because I've never once started any confrontations with you, Eagle Eye or anyone else. If you seriously think a joke is 'starting' something then there's little likelyhood I could convince you the sky is blue, let alone that my intentions are not what you assume them to be.

The simple fact is this is sport; this is recreation. I don't see much recreational enjoyment in you arguing and arguing and visably becoming angry with people for reasons that most others would have the sense to cool down and realize that they're better ways to talk that resort to cheap shots like 'hey you're not funny!' or 'are you stupid??' or some smilie face.

I'm not scared to articulate this because - ironically - I could care less how you or anyone else potray me. What you do when you care about your standing on an internet forum is flitter in the background and avoid addressing issues like this, not having the gaul to call someone on it.

Get used to it, Tallaght.

A few quick points; it's you and Eagle Eye that's hyper senstive about the Patriots, not the other way around. I'd have no hesistation in saying both the Patriots and Brady have been great and indeed look good this year as well. The rest of us just have a problem with the way you jump down peoples' throats if they say something you don't like, be it aobut the Patriots or anything else. You've got a horrible sense of humour; you somehow think a wry joke is an egregious insult when it's anything but by the very fact it's a joke. Most everyone else can see that I'm usually trying to stop you or Eagle Eye going completley off the reservation and escalating an argument into a pointless fecces-flinging contest, not to insult you or anything you like.

It is not your job to stop anyone from posting anything. That is what Mods are for. If you don't agree with a thread report it. Don't post silly nonsense or jokes that are bad taste in order to difuse the situation.
    Indeed you'll notice that I've always strayed away from hurling the personal abuse you slingshot in my direction (and others) because that is only about how you're negatively effecting peoples' enjoyment and not something deeply personal. I'm not the bad guy or the one doing the wrong things; however much you try to paint that as the case it's never going to stick because I've never once started any confrontations with you, Eagle Eye or anyone else. If you seriously think a joke is 'starting' something then there's little likelyhood I could convince you the sky is blue, let alone that my intentions are not what you assume them to be.

To be honest with you good intentions or not jokes can be seen as nothing more than flaming especially when you throw them in front of people you Know will react to them. If you can't see that well then you need to cop on. You know at this point what myself and Eagle are like but yet you continue to throw in the jibes whether your intentions are for fun or taking a dig unfortunately jokes and sarcasm dont always read through on the net.
    The simple fact is this is sport; this is recreation. I don't see much recreational enjoyment in you arguing and arguing and visably becoming angry with people for reasons that most others would have the sense to cool down and realize that they're better ways to talk that resort to cheap shots like 'hey you're not funny!' or 'are you stupid??'.

Have to laugh at this. Visibly angry through text? You cannot make assumptions about someones mood through text. If you knew me you would know how stupid that sounds to say I am angry and the dame goes for Eagle.

As for the cheap shots on you I do apologise for some of them but to be honest with you not of all them because I do feel you should know better not to throw in jibes with guys you know damn well will react i.e the Brady is God comments and disrespecting the sport with your tight pants and groping nonsense.
    I'm not scared to articulate this because - ironically - I could care less how you or anyone else potray me. What you do when you care about your standing on an internet forum is flitter in the background and avoid addressing issues like this, not having the gaul to call someone on it.

Get used to it, Tallaght.

How anyone else portrays you? Do you not see the irony with all of this? You have called me out many times as you have over the last 24 hours with Eagle eye. Its funny you continue to cry wolf. I am an assh0le and will be the first to admit it. I am arrogant and do call people out a lot.

But one thing I dont think is that I am above this board or king of it. This isn't the only place I post and the only reason I continue to post here because its irish and so many including yourself have offered up some great discussions and the mods allow the discussion escalate at times as they know generally after most get on with each other or show each other some level of respect and drop the argument.

It is not your job to stop anyone from posting anything. That is what Mods are for. If you don't agree with a thread report it. Don't post silly nonsense or jokes that are bad taste in order to difuse the situation.

When did I say it was my job, Tallaght? It's human decency to not want to see people in a place you participate fight for absolutely no good reason. You claim to know you're arogant yet it's too much to suggest when you get in heat you're less than a socialable individual and that adversely effects the whole atmosphere of the thread, some we all care about in one way or the other? Don't let what you think of the person delivering the message cloud the fact it's not something they created.

It's also arrogance in the highest to suggest my 'jokes' are for your's or Eagle Eye's benefit. I know full well the insults you'll both fling at me, no matter how good or bad what I say is, but the rest of the people involved in the arguments, if you can even call them that, are usually far better humoured. What this thread descended into before I posted was nothing more than a puppet show with smilie faces and insults.

When did I say it was my job, Tallght?

Right Here:
    . Most everyone else can see that I'm usually trying to stop you or Eagle Eye going completly off the reservation and escalating an argument into a pointless feces-flinging contest, not to insult you or anything you like.
    It's human decency to not want to see people in a place you participate fight for absolutely no good reason.

Again decency or not this isnt technically a place nor is it mine or your job to control the nonsense. If you don't agree with something report it. Thats what mods are for.
    You claim to know you're arogant yet it's too much to suggest when you get in heat you're less than a socialable individual and that adversely effects the whole atmosphere of the thread, some we all care about in one way or the other? Don't let what you think of the person delivering the message cloud the fact it's not something they created.

This once again shows me you are taking this all too personal and actually seems like you have a problem with and me alone. Hey which is fair enough to each their own.

As for the person delivering the message: if you cannot see that your jokes are placed in the worst place possible there is nothing anybody can do to convince you otherwise. You aim a joke in the middle of a debate that will most certainly go against the grain funny or not be prepared for a backlash.
    It's also arrogance in the highest to suggest my 'jokes' are always for your's or Eagle Eye's benefit.

I already cleared up the arrogance bit for you. But they are still flaming throwing them in the middle of a debate where you damn well know it will make the arguments worse.
    I know full well the insults you'll both fling at me, no matter how good or bad it is, but the rest of the people involved in the inane arguments, if you can even call them that. What thisthread descended into before I posted was nothing more than a puppet show with smilie faces and insults.

If you don't like the thread why keep posting in it making it worse? Why post bad jokes in the middle of storm turning it into a sh1t storm? The sad thing is you are failing to see you did anything wrong here.

• Advertisement

When did I say it was my job, Tallght? It's human decency to not want to see people in a place you participate fight for absolutely no good reason. You claim to know you're arogant yet it's too much to suggest when you get in heat you're less than a socialable individual and that adversely effects the whole atmosphere of the thread, some we all care about in one way or the other? Don't let what you think of the person delivering the message cloud the fact it's not something they created.

It's also arrogance in the highest to suggest my 'jokes' are for your's or Eagle Eye's benefit. I know full well the insults you'll both fling at me, no matter how good or bad what I say is, but the rest of the people involved in the arguments, if you can even call them that, are usually far better humoured. What this thread descended into before I posted was nothing more than a puppet show with smilie faces and insults.
    There are a couple of us that have been on this forum for a couple of years now. We have watched the place grow and really enjoy chatting about the game.
    We do have arguments but its not like we don't respect each other at the end of it all.
    You have come along to this forum in recent times and to be quite honest you are a just a pain in the backside.
    Your 'jokes' or sense of humour is not good. If you were funny we might enjoy it but you come across as insulting a lot of the time.
    This thread is about QB rankings. You have lead the conversation way off topic.
    There is nobody backing you up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

themont85 wrote: »
    Davejose I agree neither Brady nor Elway were better in 01 or 98 resectively.

Thanks for answering that man. Now I'm going to step away from the thread...

eagle eye wrote: »
    There are a couple of us that have been on this forum for a couple of years now. We have watched the place grow and really enjoy chatting about the game.
    We do have arguments but its not like we don't respect each other at the end of it all.
    You have come along to this forum in recent times and to be quite honest you are a just a pain in the backside.
    Your 'jokes' or sense of humour is not good. If you were funny we might enjoy it but you come across as insulting a lot of the time.
    This thread is about QB rankings. You have lead the conversation way off topic.
    There is nobody backing you up here.

I'd quote Dohnny Jepp about your seeming obession that respect or anything of real worth is gained simply from being somewhere for longer than someone else, if it wasn't already on the same page. Of all the inteligent, friendly and thoughtful posters I've saw on this forum (or others) there has rarely been any correlation between their time on the forum and their quaility as contributors.

The fact is I'm not the one escalating these discussions into shouting matches about 'how long have you been here, son?' or the internet forum equivilent of tutting and paying not respect (!) to something someone says, smilies. It's you, and it's Tallaght too. And it happens so often it's impossible for me to just sit back and see people be put off the forum, put off speaking, because they get blindsided by the agro. The irony of you talking about 'growing the forum' when at times you can be the biggest thing holding back a discussion or the resident population growing isn't lost on me.

You can throw some more bombs; I'm not going to sugrically remove my humour or distain for pointless fighting just to suit you or Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I'd quote Davyjose about your seeming obession that respect or anything of real worth is gained simply frombieng somewhere for longer than someone else,

You wouldn't mind fixing that would you? I'm not getting involved here -- I've been on here a few years, and i have learned to respect a number of posters opinions. eagle eye is certainly among them. We hardly ever agree (:D), but it never falls into the level of crap on this here thread.

No offense to you Syferus, but i didn't say that.

davyjose wrote: »
    You wouldn't mind fixing that would you? I'm not getting involved here -- I've been on here a few years, and i have learned to respect a number of posters opinions. eagle eye is certainly among them. We hardly ever agree (:D), but it never falls into the level of crap on this here thread.

No offense to you Syferus, but i didn't say that.

I saw your post before I sent mine and I got a tad confused! Sorry!

The fact is I'm not the one escalating these discussions into shouting matches about 'how long have you been here, son?' or the internet forum equivilent of tutting and paying not respect (!) to something someone says, smilies.

No but you are escalating it in other ways.
    It's you, and it's Tallaght too. And it happens so often it's impossible for me to just sit back and see people be put off the forum, put off speaking, because they get blindsided by the agro.

Again it is not your job to go on a witch hunt and call out myself and Eagle eye. That is the job of the mods. Its seems you have a problem with both of us and you have clearly taken this personal and it seems you have some sort of hidden agenda going on also. The fact is that a lot of us get on just fine and a lot of PM each other regularly. So your witch hunt is sad and nothing short of pathetic.
    The irony of you talknig about 'growing the forum' when at times you can be the biggest thing holding back a discussion or the resident population growing isn't lost on me.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.
    You can throw some more bombs; I'm not going to sugrically remove my humour or distain for pointless fighting just to suit you or Tallaght.

Jebus the irony here is incredible. Pot calling the kettle much?

Your personal vendetta here Syferus is evident. You have now contradicted yourself a few times and clearly pointed out you have a problem with me and Eagle and clearly have said you have tried to diffuse our debates with others. It is not your job to do that of the mods and if you don't agree with a conversation do you not think it best to stay out of it and not throw in a joke that is clearly going to make it kick off even more. Especially when you are not already involved in the on going debate.

I'd quote Davyjose about your seeming obession that respect or anything of real worth is gained simply frombieng somewhere for longer than someone else, if it wasn't already on the same page. Of all the inteligent, friendly and thoughtful psoters I've saw on this forum t(or others) there has rarely been any correlation between their time on the forum and their quaility as contributors.
    You see here you go accusing me of saying something I didn't. I mentioned that a number of us are here a long time.
    Separately in another paragraph I said we have disagreements here in this forum but we all respect each other at the end of it.
    But you put them together and suggest that I'm saying something different.
    feelingstressed and neilster are two of the newer posters on the AF forum. I respect both of them and their input greatly.
    The fact is I'm not the one escalating these discussions into shouting matches about 'how long have you been here, son?' or the internet forum equivilent of tutting and paying not respect (!) to something someone says, smilies. It's you, and it's Tallaght too. And it happens so often it's impossible for me to just sit back and see people be put off the forum, put off speaking, because they get blindsided by the agro. The irony of you talknig about 'growing the forum' when at times you can be the biggest thing holding back a discussion or the resident population growing isn't lost on me.
    You throw out what amounts to snide/baiting comments to start things off in a different direction. You are completely responsible for all this off topic stuff thats went on in this thread and in other ones too recently.
    You suggest people are put off the forum. Where are your backers on this? I haven't seen any newbies leaving here after 1 or 2 posts.
    I care about the forum, I want it do develop and get busier. But I don't want it turning into some place we can't go at it when we disagree.
    For me its the best forum on boards.ie.

You see here you go accusing me of saying something I didn't. I mentioned that a number of us are here a long time.
    Separately in another paragraph I said we have disagreements here in this forum but we all respect each other at the end of it.
    But you put them together and suggest that I'm saying something different.
    feelingstressed and neilster are two of the newer posters on the AF forum. I respect both of them and their input greatly.

I have to agree with the bit in bold. Those two guys came in as did a few others and have already become regulars and gotten used to the goings on of this forum. Me and Neilster got off to a bad start but we have now buried that hatchet and like feelingstressed, Neilster has given some excellent contribution to this forum. Like Eagle I respect both of them and enjoy both their contributions.
    I care about the forum, I want it do develop and get busier. But I don't want it turning into some place we can't go at it when we disagree.
    For me its the best forum on boards.ie.

Exactly this. Many have come in and adapted to the style of the forum. The mods let it flow and it is a very good forum for the banter and heated debates. Some who have sense will stay out of the heated ones if they don't agree. The one thing they wont do is throw a snide remark in the middle of it making it worse or trying to be some sort of internet police pretending to difuse a situation that always difused itself pre them to begin with.

Possibly the most stupid comment I've read on these forums.

Well if you put up any facts to back up your opinion you would get some respect but you didn't and the reason for that is you can't because there is none. Brady had the second best regular season of his career going by numbers in 2009 the year after his injury.

He has lead a team to a 6-2 record so far this season, thats joint top of the NFL. And thats without a good receiving corp.

No the problem is you come up with something stupid that you can't back up.

No you don't get it. This is where we talk about American Football.

If you want to joke around I'm sure there is a joke forum or in your case a horrendous sense of humour forum.

:rolleyes:

I'd continue, but the point that it's not me who engages in pointless insults and absolutism - everything I've said I've said for reasons more to do with the forum as a whole than it has to do with either of you two personally. You're not horrible people, but there's always a tennancy for a discussion to degenerate into what I quoted when there's not really any point for it. It's no fun for anyone, and really, there's no point in any of us being here if it just turns into a slog regularly.

I've made my points as clearly (and as unpersonally) as anyone could. Have the last word, for all it's worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Thanks man :D

Yeah, this place is very welcoming, I've asked a few technical questions in my time.

For sure they are hefty debates, (mostly Pats vs Pats ;)) but it's all good in the end.

I try to maintain the census thread, we have loads of new posters. Still no love for the Texans or Panthers on boards.ie!

And the established posters which everyone knows can get involved in any thread but nobody here claims to know everything. So new posters can often add insight too.
    I The irony of you talking about 'growing the forum' when at times you can be the biggest thing holding back a discussion or the resident population growing isn't lost on me.

So I can't agree with this, you need to contact a mod if you think this forum is being stifled.
    And you're the only one saying this

And realy, posting about tight pants and men grabbing each other has no place in the AF forum. At least not on this thread, we have a weird and wacky thread you know but even then, not sure what the point was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

You seemed like a decent lad before so I'm hoping you are drunk or something.

I wish I was drunk it would make reading the ****e that comes out of your mouth more bearable.
    Your comments about Chucky's post = Disrespecting somebody. Do you understand that?

Whats the opposite of disrespect? Thats right its respect.

Do you try to be condesending or does it come naturally to you?

I said his post was the most rediculous thing I've ever read on this forum. I didn't mention anything about him as a person.

I'm not the one going around saying certain users here aren't contributing anything worthwhile to this forum etc.. . . but then I suppose its ok if the users are here less than a year.

I'd continue, but the point that it's not me what engages in pointless insults and absolutism

Again you got to love this "Oh I am doing nothing wrong" mentality. You are quite clearly trying to call out two people of a forum and it can be seeing a personal vendetta or attack. As for the nonsense which I will stick by what I said their, especially when you throw this into an argument which clearly is baiting for a response and nothing short of nonsense:
    Careful. Brady is part-god on these forums - any suggestion he's slipping is paramount to telling a five-year-old that Santa isn't real and their parents are just very good at sneaking into your room and stealing their baby teeth from under their pillow, at the same time.

If this isn't clearly flaming I don't know what is. Throwing this into the middle of a disagreement with guys you know who will respond is nothing short of trolling and flaming and bad taste. And to say that wasn't your intention I plainly just don't buy. So before you continue down the road of crying wolf just remember you are not exactly innocent in all of this.
    - everything I've said I've said for reasons more to do with the forum as a whole than it has to do with either of you two personally.

Again the running of the forum and how we post has nothing to do with you and it is not your nor mine place to say.
    You're not horrible people, but there's always a tennancy for a discussion to degenerate into what I quoted when there's not really any point for it. It's no fun for anyone, and really, there's no point in any of us being here if it just turns into a slog regularly.

Have you done a poll of every poster in here on how they feel about the forum? Or is this all part of a hidden aganda?
    I've made my points as clearly (and as unpersonally) as anyone could. Have the last word, for all it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

So I can't agree with this, you need to contact a mod if you think this forum is being stifled.
    And you're the only one saying this

Gotta say I just dont understand how anyone could find this forum uninviting etc. I remember when I started posting here last season I was made feel very welcome and once anyone makes a couple of valid posts their overall contribution is always appreciated.

I don't get how this thread has gotten so out of control with how many pages completely off topic, Syferus if you feel there is a problem that needs to be reported talk to the mods or cat mods or else set up a separate thread so that it doesn't highjack a valid thread with off topic posts

Do you try to be condesending or does it come naturally to you?
    If you call my posts condescending, what do you call what you said about Chucky's post?
    I said his post was the most rediculous thing I've ever read on this forum. I didn't mention anything about him as a person.
    And you don't think thats highly insulting? And thats not even what you said. This is what you said.
    LOL. Possibly the most stupid comment I've read on these forums, and I've read the posts from BigDoaf and TomBrady.
    Thats what you said and if you don't get how insulting that is then I can't help you. Insulting somebody is disrespecting somebody.

Again if you don't understand that then I can't help you.
    I'm not the one going around saying certain users here aren't contributing anything worthwhile to this forum etc.. . . but then I suppose its ok if the users are here less than a year.
    I explained this in another post before you posted. Its got nothing to do with time on the forum.

If you call my posts condescending, what do you call what you said about Chucky's post?

And you don't think thats highly insulting? And thats not even what you said. This is what you said.

Thats what you said and if you don't get how insulting that is then I can't help you. Insulting somebody is disrespecting somebody.

Again if you don't understand that then I can't help you.

I explained this in another post before you posted. Its got nothing to do with time on the forum.

I call what I said to Chucky's post honesty. It's how I feel about the post. Cause I think the post is stupid doesn't mean I think he is. If he thinks otherwise I'll happily chat with him through pm. I didn't insult or disrespect him.

I need absolutely no help from you with anything. Actually no, maybe you can help me understand how the "ignore user" works, considering you've had half the boards userbase on it at one time or another, even moderators.

I call what I said to Chucky's post honesty. It's how I feel about the post. Cause I think the post is stupid doesn't mean I think he is. If he thinks otherwise I'll happily chat with him through pm. I didn't insult or disrespect him.

I need absolutely no help from you with anything. Actually no, maybe you can help me understand how the "ignore user" works, considering you've had half the boards userbase on it at one time or another, even moderators.
    Well what you call honesty I call insulting. If you disagree with something thats fine but going as far as you did is insulting and disrespecting.

And the second paragraph there is the same thing again. Just throw a little something out there. I only ever had 2 people on ignore ever fyi.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Guys - in the interest of those that actually want to read this thread, can you please take extraneous conversations to PM.

Thanks.

Well what you call honesty I call insulting. If you disagree with something thats fine but going as far as you did is insulting and disrespecting.

And the second paragraph there is the same thing again. Just throw a little something out there. I only ever had 2 people on ignore ever fyi.

I dont give a **** what you call honesty or what you call insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I dont give a **** what you call honesty or what you call insulting.

You were warned, drop it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

davyjose wrote: »
    See this is what I don't get. You're either as good as you are, or you're not. Championships have no bearing on your actual ability.

John Elway was nowhere near his best when he won his 2 rings, do you really think winning these made him a better QB?

Of course they have bearing on your ability. Handling pressure and performing to your best in tough situations are very important attributes to a top QB in my opinion.

Look at
    LOL. Possibly the most stupid comment I've read on these forums, and I've read the posts from BigDoaf and TomBrady.

So you think he is top 2 in the league at QB at this time but if he was to maintain his current form and retires without more rings then suddenly he is a worse QB?

Just lol.

Also you might have NFl confused with boxing? or some other sport where it's 1 v1.

Yes it does make him a worse QB. What's so good about being great in the regular season only to stink it up in the play-offs? Is that really the sign of a brilliant QB? Not in my eyes.

While it's a team sport QB is the most important position, there are very few average QB's with Superbowl rings. Troy Aikman's regular season statistics might be not be amazing but his record in play-off statistics are brilliant, that to me is far more impressive.

Advertisement