Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Garda Cars... Toyota??????

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Corcioch

Are we buying old model Avensis under this contract?

Didn't think so.

What kind of a reply is that???

You made a snide reference to my driving a VW Passat when I mentioned it . . . .( and I only did so to illustrate that I am not a Mondeo owner )

And you slated the Passat as an unreliable car . . .

I replied by pointing out to you that you have no idea what model/ mark Passat i was referring to . . . .and as such your statememt was flawed.

. .and thats your reply above??? . . .Poor.

trackcar wrote: »
    I was told by a person in Ford that price Toyota was selling the Avensis for was less than Ford could have supplied a focus for

Toyota had the cheapest price indeed.

More of the civil services flawed false economy in action, go for the cheapest tender . . .as opposed to the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Rialtas wrote: »
    Even the 200bhp Tdci diesel would be a cracking model for the fleet and would cover most TC and district requirements?

I agree and I'd even say that the TC lads/ladies themselves would agree but again the Avensis was picked due to its price tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Corcioch wrote: »
    What kind of a reply is that???

You made a snide reference to my driving a VW Passat when I mentioned it . . . .( and I only did so to illustrate that I am not a Mondeo owner )

And you slated the Passat as an unreliable car . . .

I replied by pointing out to you that you have no idea what model/ mark Passat i was referring to . . . .and as such your statememt was flawed.

. .and thats your reply above??? . . .Poor.

No, I am comparing like with like, not your old Passat with a new Avensis.

Simple, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Corcioch wrote: »
    Toyota had the cheapest price indeed.

More of the civil services flawed false economy in action, go for the cheapest tender . . .as opposed to the best.

Agreed.

• Advertisement

No, I am comparing like with like, not your old Passat with a new Avensis.

Simple, really.

lol . . . your a hard case.

Life is too short to try and explain this anymore . . . . .g luck.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Well, the whole point of my argument, completley not supported by anything other than supposition and blind estimation, is that the savings made in maintenance, training, livery design etc by keeping it all Mondeo should make up for the extra cost to buy Mondeo instead of Focus or Fiesta.

Sailing very close to the wind in public procurement rules which are effectively about everyone getting a chance and striving to avoid situations where contracting departments are forced into a situation where only a single supplier suits.

It has its advantages - changes can keep suppliers on their toes, and its disadvantages - the lack of continuity can be a curse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Careful now......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I must say that from now on I'll look at Mondeos with a little more respect than hitherto - never realised they had so many good points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Terrontress

foreign wrote: »
    Highlighting spelling mistakes could be considered childish.
    It wasn't a spelling mistake. He obviously thought it was a different word.
    Anyway, the fleet managers don't just head down the road to the nearest dealer. The motor companies have departments that deal with fleet supplies like this one.

You forgetting the Hiace and the Hilux?

Hilux yes, but is the Hiace big enough to be useful? Also the doors on a Hiace open from the roof upwards. Is that appropriate?

• Advertisement

It wasn't a spelling mistake. He obviously thought it was a different word.

Hilux yes, but is the Hiace big enough to be useful? Also the doors on a Hiace open from the roof upwards. Is that appropriate?

You can get any van in any configuration. If the customer wants double doors you supply them. If they want sliding doors on both sides you get them. Want a high roof, guess what? You get them. There are transits out there with the roof opening doors too.

Re the spelling, I'm guessing that everybody knew what was been stated in the post. You must have if you corrected him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Terrontress

foreign wrote: »
    You can get any van in any configuration. If the customer wants double doors you supply them. If they want sliding doors on both sides you get them. Want a high roof, guess what? You get them. There are transits out there with the roof opening doors too.

Re the spelling, I'm guessing that everybody knew what was been stated in the post. You must have if you corrected him.

Maybe I have not been on the look out for them but I've always been o' th'opinion that the largest Hiace is a much smaller van than the Transits used by AGS. Apologies if that is not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Michael Angelo.

my op has been answered. Thanks all.

Lock away for peace sake mods :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Happy to oblige.

Thread closed.
    my op has been answered. Thanks all.

Lock away for peace sake mods :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement