Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festina lente

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Long neglected hill session.
    First rep was the usual distance, from mast to top of hill. Second rep was the same, but I was swimming up the last section. Third rep I shortened the distance so I could sprint the whole way. Fourth rep, more swimming. Shortened the distance again, so only about twenty seconds of sprinting, and stayed at that for another 15/20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

RayCun wrote: »
    Long neglected hill session.
    First rep was the usual distance, from mast to top of hill. Second rep was the same, but I was swimming up the last section. Third rep I shortened the distance so I could sprint the whole way. Fourth rep, more swimming. Shortened the distance again, so only about twenty seconds of sprinting, and stayed at that for another 15/20 minutes

Is that down at Tymon?

paddybarry wrote: »
    Is that down at Tymon?

Yeah, the corner beside the M50 roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

Yeah, the corner beside the M50 roundabout

Any other good spots for hill repeats down there? How many of those repeats would you do as a session?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

paddybarry wrote: »
    Any other good spots for hill repeats down there? How many of those repeats would you do as a session?

Few not too far

Bournabreena, Ticknock, The far side of Tymon (Esso Garage by Greenhills road though its a shorter grass hill), Hellfire club, up by the Belgard pub are a few in the area

• Advertisement

70ish minutes, around UCD and home

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Just wondering why you'd do hill repeats the day after a race? Even if the race didn't go according to expectations, it was still a race and you'd be recruiting some of the same muscles on the hill repeats. Constructive hurtin', not destructive hurtin'!

Self flagellation :-) but of all the harder runs I could have done, I think that was the easiest. And I want to get back in the habit of doing these every weekend

45 minutes in to work

80-85 minutes around ucd and home, with a detour for some strides in the local park at the end

• Advertisement

45 minutes in to work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

45 minutes in to work

On a bus, scooter or skateboard :)

Your posts are getting very taciturn Ray!

TbL

I've no Garmin record, so this training log has to be an actual training log :)
    And I don't have Krusty's talent (or energy) for finding interesting things to say about every run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

I've no Garmin record, so this training log has to be an actual training log :)
    And I don't have Krusty's talent (or energy) for finding interesting things to say about every run

You could count the kerbs that you step off and hop up on for your commute and report back :pac: I think I counted 80 kerbs on my 12km commute when I lived in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

You could count the kerbs that you step off and hop up on for your commute and report back :pac: I think I counted 80 kerbs on my 12km commute when I lived in Dublin!

Is that Kerb loading...............I'll get my coat..........

32 (counting both stepping off and hopping up) on my route into/out of work, give or take a couple - I run through Bushy Park and along the river :)

no run Friday - overslept in the morning and work thing in the evening

This morning about 80 minutes. Up to Tymon and did a makey-uppy hill session for about 30 minutes, then off home as the parkrun started. The session was: start at base of hill and run up, walk down 2/3 of way, run up, walk down 1/3, run up... Long, medium, short, medium, long, medium, short etc Probably a complete waste of time :rolleyes: Will do a regular session next Saturday, if there's anything left of me after Tuesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Race Tuesday?

pconn062 wrote: »
    Race Tuesday?

Tuesday I train with the big boys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Tuesday I train with the big boys

Dave and Andy??

• Advertisement

Dave and Andy??

They'd be the fat lads ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Dave and Andy??

You obviously havent met andy :)

Just under 90 minutes around tymon, chafed to ****!

40ish minutes home from work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

They'd be the fat lads ;-)

We'd rather be fat and fast then scrawny and slow!

****!

TRR wrote: »
    We'd rather be fat and fast then scrawny and slow!

****!

I'll have the league of onanists on to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

I'll have the league of onanists on to you!

your entire athletics club :)

Apparently sex is good for sporting performance (they don't specify that it has to be sex with someone else)
    We're all about performance :)

very slow 50 minutes in to work this morning

first club session in ... .... ... 18 months??? :eek::o can it really be that long?
    10x400 with 95 seconds? recovery. Didn't time the intervals, probably about 80 seconds based on what some of the other guys did. Hurt less than I was expecting, but that's probably partly me not being able to push it enough. Good to be back...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

first club session in ... .... ... 18 months??? :eek::o can it really be that long?
    10x400 with 95 seconds? recovery. Didn't time the intervals, probably about 80 seconds based on what some of the other guys did. Hurt less than I was expecting, but that's probably partly me not being able to push it enough. Good to be back...

I set it so that people running 77-80 ish had 90 sec recovery. Good to have you back!

Advertisement