Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festina lente

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

So I was reading the wolf's log and he writes that you had his club up to your grass patch for a bit of a race and a BBQ last Thursday. I have to say as your nearest neighbour we are disgusted at your omission to invite us up! This has widened the already massive divisions between our clubs and will be used as ammunition when we go into races. We are already looking forward to the M35 championships in the 10 miler. Not only are you **** you are also a shower of $hitheads

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

We had the invitation all ready to go - we were going to nail it to the door of your clubhouse - when you insulted our container :mad:

This could have been Tallaght athletes enjoying a BBQ...
    10458017_10152963920754167_2293486484451610975_n.jpg

Well at the very least tell me a couple of you got food poisoning! This is outrageous!

from our professionally catered event? I don't think so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

TRR wrote: »
    Well at the very least tell me a couple of you got food poisoning! This is outrageous!

Starting to agree with your idea of opening another spat thread for this alone :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

What are you tallaght lads talking about? We did invite you, thats TRR there in front left, with the coke....

10458017_10152963920754167_2293486484451610975_n.jpg

70-75 minutes around UCD and home yesterday

45ish minutes in to work this morning

About 50 minutes up and around tymon

75ish minutes, up to tymon, hills, and back. Back to the regular hill session (the regular session I haven't done in over a year?), 15 times from the tower to the top of the hill. Started by walking back all the way but it was taking too long, so went with walk/jog. Kept the effort controlled on the ups.

what's the story here?

http://www.parkrun.ie/results/largestclubs/

did you lot sign up the entire club, juniors included, just to be top of an athletics related table?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

what's the story here?

did you lot sign up the entire club, juniors included, just to be top of an athletics related table?

That's them in 3rd place too.
    Imagine if they combined both groups, they'd be massive!!

what's the story here?

I'm confused by your confusion.did you not know we're one of the biggest clubs in Dublin?
    (we tell the kids not to run the park runs, but there are a load of adults who run them far too often)

RayCun wrote: »
    I'm confused by your confusion.did you not know we're one of the biggest clubs in Dublin?
    (we tell the kids not to run the park runs, but there are a load of adults who run them far too often)

there are over 200 people registered. Do you have that many senior runners?

there are over 200 people registered. Do you have that many senior runners?

About 250 senior and masters members I think

About 250 senior and masters members I think

That's is a lot I think he have 90 or so!

That's is a lot I think he have 90 or so!

I know the comeback :-) but quantity has a quality all of its own! its great to see lots of people getting in to running and fitness, there's always a good crowd at training sessions. And the numbers mean there are people to organise fundraisers and races, drag in to juvenile coaching, paint containers etc, it isn't the same people doing everything

I know the comeback :-) but quantity has a quality all of its own! its great to see lots of people getting in to running and fitness, there's always a good crowd at training sessions. And the numbers mean there are people to organise fundraisers and races, drag in to juvenile coaching, paint containers etc, it isn't the same people doing everything

No, for once I was been genuine! We could do with a few more numbers ourselves I guess!

1.40 ish up and around tymon

Enough of me been nice. I jogged a couple of laps on your grass track during my long run this morning. Think I may have broken your club record ;)

It's calling you... you know you want it...

• Advertisement

No, for once I was been genuine! We could do with a few more numbers ourselves I guess!
    Enough of me been nice. I jogged a couple of laps on your grass track during my long run this morning. Think I may have broken your club record ;)

Didnt see you dave. Probably cos I was up in the dublin mountains on my lsr, not jogging around the flat training grounds of THE south dublin club, thinking of what might have been.

Didnt see you dave. Probably cos I was up in the dublin mountains on my lsr, not jogging around the flat training grounds of THE south dublin club, thinking of what might have been.

You training for another hilly marathon? I'm training for the Dublin marathon myself I think it is run mostly on the south side of Dublin and avoids the Dublin mountains totally! ;)

By the way I thought you told me that you couldn't make a long run this morning. This is more of it. First you don't invite me to your BBQ and now you are blanking me for long runs. Bastards

You training for another hilly marathon? I'm training for the Dublin marathon myself I think it is run mostly on the south side of Dublin and avoids the Dublin mountains totally! ;)

By the way I thought you told me that you couldn't make a long run this morning. This is more of it. First you don't invite me to your BBQ and now you are blanking me for long runs. Bastards

Haha have they added grassy sections i dont know about? :) OH decided not to run at last minute. You would have been back as I was heading out....

Haha have they added grassy sections i dont know about? :) OH decided not to run at last minute. You would have been back as I was heading out....

Need to be able to run on grass if you want to take shortcuts :pac:

Platelet donation on Monday > no running

Arrived at training yesterday and only one of the 400 gang was there, so I jogged up to the hill session with a couple of newbies. Arrived about a minute after the first group started their lap (its a one mile lap that goes up and over the same small hill three times from different angles) so charged off after them, trampling the slower groups along the way ;) Of course then I had a minute less to recover before the second lap, and I was pretty wrecked for the third and fourth laps, but a good session. Legs really felt it last night and this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Arrived at training yesterday and only one of the 400 gang was there, so I jogged up to the hill session with a couple of newbies. Arrived about a minute after the first group started their lap (its a one mile lap that goes up and over the same small hill three times from different angles) so charged off after them, trampling the slower groups along the way ;) Of course then I had a minute less to recover before the second lap, and I was pretty wrecked for the third and fourth laps, but a good session. Legs really felt it last night and this morning...

I think you trampled everyone on the first rep - a yellow blur! Nice to see you back training with the group Ray.

Arrived at training yesterday and only one of the 400 gang was there, so ...

...I left him on his own and fecked off to run with my friends :eek:

Yellow card from the captain ray. Luckily I was around the corner to run with terry.

yeah, I could have run the 400s with him but he might as well be running them on his own - what was he going to do, give me a head start on each one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

...I left him on his own and fecked off to run with my friends :eek:

Yellow card from the captain ray. Luckily I was around the corner to run with terry.

Well if that isn't blatant elitism, I don't know what is. Nice example he's setting in the club. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    Well if that isn't blatant elitism, I don't know what is. Nice example he's setting in the club. :rolleyes:

Who are you again? :D

Advertisement