Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nocturnal fashion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I just need to start looking a bit more respectable.

wear a top hat!
    like this:

3669419221_0093318d1c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

You folk are no fun. :P

How about this?

mad-men-season-3-poster.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Now that rose, is something I could make look good. I also down with the hat.

I love a man in a hat. Hats +100

this might be a good look for you wolf!

16155422.jpg
    reallyrose wrote: »
    I love a man in a hat. Hats +100

what about a woman in a hat? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I don't do corsets.

Links234 wrote: »
    this might be a good look for you wolf!

pacman.gif Not great for fighting zombies though.

Links234 wrote: »
    what about a woman in a hat? ;)

I love fascinators. I can't pull them off though. :(

AAAAAp06rOgAAAAAAUmnvg.jpg?v=1221437867000

pacman.gif Not great for fighting zombies though.
    nope, I guess not

Wolf, add a pair of goggles to any outfit, not only making it 600% more stylish, but also practical to keep zombie blood out of your eyes

I do have a pair of goggles actually, somewhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

It's easy to wear just what you want when you're young, and permitted to have any attitude you wish. It's a lot more challenging to maintain that inner void when you "mature".

However, I have found solace in certain items, that I wouldn't be without.

1. Laced black shoes, or boots, always clean & polished.
    2. Photocromatic prescription reading glasses. I don't really need them, but I like the fact that they are never clear from the outside.
    3. A pristine handkerchief, not for any code reasons.
    4. While my job makes it impractical to wear a suit, I do wear a suit jacket. I have a dark navy, and two black jackets. I wear one everyday. I also have a dark brown one, which I wear whenever I have to play nice.
    5. As already indicated, a clean, unblemished silver Zippo lighter, is wonderfully therapeutic.
    6. A silver pen, with black ink. I have a few of these, made by Cross, back in the day when they where "Made In Ireland".
    7. An expensive pair of thin, black leather gloves. Not driving or golf gloves, but plain leather, almost like a second skin. Quite relaxing to wear.

I do have other items of clothing, that I very rarely wear, as my yang partner (wife), keeps me grounded.

I'd be interested to hear what attire other "older generation" members wear, on a daily basis.

• Advertisement

I actually in the process of trying to shift my wardrobe away from the jeans and t-shirt look that ruled me for so many years. I have to accept I is getting older and need to stop dressing like a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Suits are where it's at. If I was but a slimmer man I would constantly wear suits. As it is my broad shoulders + suit jacket make me look like I'm the hired heavy here to individually break all your fingers.

No need to get rid of the jeans Wolfie, just add a bit of prep to your step up top.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Suits are where it's at. If I was but a slimmer man I would constantly wear suits. As it is my broad shoulders + suit jacket make me look like I'm the hired heavy here to individually break all your fingers.

No need to get rid of the jeans Wolfie, just add a bit of prep to your step up top.

You mean that you're not here to break our fingers?

You mean that you're not here to break our fingers?

I didn't say that, I mean, as a rule I'm not being employed for finger breaking ALL the time. Sheesh.

I didn't say that, I mean, as a rule I'm not being employed for finger breaking ALL the time. Sheesh.

*stares at fingers*

okkaaay.

*puts fingers under table, just in case*

Flannel, yea or nay? I also has impressive selection of Hawaiian and camp shirts.

Flannel, yea or nay? I also has impressive selection of Hawaiian and camp shirts.

Flannel in shirt form, yea.

As for the other two, if you can pull them off go right ahead!

I look good in Hawaiian shirts. Kinda like a young Sam Axe

Sam_axe.jpg

(Except I don't look like Bruce Campbell :( )

Flannel seems to be in fashion. It's all check this side of the pond... personally I don't get it, but anyhows.

Hawaiian shirts are a no go I think. I've loads of them but stopped wearing them because you nearly always seem like a tourist or someone trying desperately hard to say "I'm funny", just like witty slogans on t-shirts. Let the personality do the talking, not your t-shirts. :)

I look good in Hawaiian shirts. Kinda like a young Sam Axe

Sam_axe.jpg

(Except I don't look like Bruce Campbell :( )

Actually, that's a nice Hawaiian shirt, I thought you meant the brighter and more painful ones. Flowery shirts are a different matter :)

• Advertisement

Flannel seems to be in fashion. It's all check this side of the pond... personally I don't get it, but anyhows.

Hawaiian shirts are a no go I think. I've loads of them but stopped wearing them because you nearly always seem like a tourist or someone trying desperately hard to say "I'm funny", just like witty slogans on t-shirts. Let the personality do the talking, not your t-shirts. :)
    I just go for Hawaiians because they comfortable. Also, I can hide things oh so nicely under them.

Actually, that's a nice Hawaiian shirt, I thought you meant the brighter and more painful ones. Flowery shirts are a different matter :)
    No, I prefer more subtle prints. Like the one I have that is printed with hundreds of little skulls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

just like witty slogans on t-shirts. Let the personality do the talking, not your t-shirts. :)

80% of my wardrobe is witty t-shirts. :o

Maguined wrote: »
    80% of my wardrobe is witty t-shirts. :o

I knew as I typed it I'd cover about 80% of the Noc. Sure people say the same about band t-shirts which make up 80% of my wardrobe.

I knew as I typed it I'd cover about 80% of the Noc. Sure people say the same about band t-shirts which make up 80% of my wardrobe.
    I have a lot of comic book related t-shirts

I quite like very subtle shirts that someone in the know would get and say "hah, cool." Though I can't help myself with comic related stuff, providing it's more iconic than actual cartoon. I mean, full colour spider-man t-shirt... probably wouldn't wear, but an aul silhouette or something I'd be all over.

I has shirts for most of the various Lantern Corps. People don't get them.

I has shirts for most of the various Lantern Corps. People don't get them.

I enjoy the lantern corp ideas. Kinda think the green lanterns were slightly weenery, but when they started adding in all the other colours and then fixing the greens... that got cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

OMG SHOOZ

38423_1356580720179_1401322775_30879137_7491968_n.jpg

• Advertisement

They're quite similar to these awesome icecream and cupcake ones that were out and about at some point last year, with a significant heel. I don't think these are the ones on show due to the lil skulls, but, similar. Also think straps were different. Anyway, I remember looking at the icecream shoes and thinking "If I was a girl I'd totally get these bad boys!"

Advertisement