Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I the only fan of Brian Cowen?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

But who would you rather - Brian Cowen the political leader, or Enda Kenny jackass?

For someone who claims to be neutral, that's a ridiculous post.

Cowen has done nothing to benefit this country for the past 2 years despite being "a political leader" (in name only; he hasn't indicated any leadership qualities) while Kenny has shown himself to be a weak opposition leader but certainly hasn't grown a tail and long ears.

You judge people by their choices and actions, not by preconceived biases.

Would I trust Kenny as a leader ? Not fully.
    Would I trust him more than Cowen ? Definitely.

Next time maybe try to hide your bias a little more and your posts might be taken as sincere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

Paulaa has linked to articles showing Cowen is a liar. Even if we ignored all his errors and failings as the OP is intent on doing- and this is aside from any argument that he is intelligent), Cowen is FF through and through, he was Bertie the jackass's right hand man, he openly defended Bertie and he hasn't exactly condemned previous policy decisions. He puts the party ahead of the country repeatedly. FF are not the best of a bad lot like the OP would like us to believe, even if the opposition have to do everything the exact same from now on, this doesn't make all parties the same. We need accountability for poor performance. OP I suspect you are in Cowens constituency, if so you exemplify his nickname

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I agree, since 1997 FF have made some terrible decisions, but I don't see why everyone blames Cowen. It was Bertie and Charlie McCreevy!!!!!!!
    McCreevy made a mess of the country!!

Did your fanship of Cowen only start AFTER he was Minister for Finance, or something ?

How long was Cowen Minister for Finance with plenty of opportunity to put the country back on a sensible track ?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    For someone who claims to be neutral, that's a ridiculous post.

Cowen has done nothing to benefit this country for the past 2 years despite being "a political leader" (in name only; he hasn't indicated any leadership qualities) while Kenny has shown himself to be a weak opposition leader but certainly hasn't grown a tail and long ears.

You judge people by their choices and actions, not by preconceived biases.

Would I trust Kenny as a leader ? Not fully.
    Would I trust him more than Cowen ? Definitely.

Next time maybe try to hide your bias a little more and your posts might be taken as sincere.

I would vote for Cowen no matter what party he was part of, hence the title of my thread. Enda Kenny is the reason Fine Gael are not in power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Ok OP.

Some of the decisions taken by McCreevy were the seminal events which gave rise to this mess. However, under Cowen Ireland became totally removed from the sustainable economic model which the FF/PD Government had been so good in maintaining, into a populist, faux leftist, vote buying model. This gave rise to the ludicrious decision to live off the windfall taxes of the property market (stamp duty, VAT, and CGT), excessive borrowing owing to access to cheap credit, thanks to artificially low interest rates in the EU, and massive increases in public expenditure of 10% per annum which were unsustainable vote buying exercises. These programmes and policies really took off in September 2004. This runs parallel with the time Brian Cowen spent in the Department of Finance. He will go down as one of the worst Finanace Ministers this country ever had. I would suggest you consider this, and try and rebut this assertion. However, I believe that without resorting to playing the sophist, you will have a very hard time doing so.

You also appear to be another FFer who has missed the part where FF have fessed up, and admitted that the damage was more structural than international. If you still believe this to be the case, then you must be reading out of the FF"Spin Book September 2008-November 2009". The Reigling and Watson and Honohan reports articulate that the problems were structural first, and international second. Brian Cowen made the mistake of not fessing up immediatly. If he had done, his tone could have changed, the way he spoke to the people would not have to have been in such a "im telling you lads", and could have been a more respectful "we need your help".

No matter what way this election pans out, Cowen is dead man walking. FF, regardless of whether they enter Government or not, will not have Cowen at the helm. FF will lose a plethora of seats, he has been incapable of enclosing the wagons around people like James McDaid, Noel Grealish, Tom Kitt, and Joe Behan. Further, some of the staunch party faithful that I know have virtually given up on him.

Your reasons for liking him are no more relevant then many of the diversionary attempts by this government to take the focus of the economic crisis. I would ask you to tell me Five Tangable Achievements of Brian Cowen. Then and only then will I consider this a debate worth having.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

The Irish Independent is far from a neutral paper - (pure FineGael).
    Did you not know the above before now? - In 2007 he ordered an in depth analysis but didn't get the results until months after.

Also, who started this rumor that he didn't take advice? - He took the best advice at the time.

Are you serious ? The Indo has always been known as the propaganda organ of FF .

If he ( and his beloved party) had listened to advisors and analyists who were warning back as far as 2003 that the celtic tiger economy could not be sustained then he wouldn't have led this country into ruin and derision.

Really there is no excuse for any right minded, intelligent person to still try to excuse either Cowen or FF for the wanton destruction they have wreaked on this country and it's people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

caseyann wrote: »
    And explain this to me,with everyone taking their hits on wages and expenses,where are his why arent they taking a big hit in their wages to save the country? While they can certainly hit the less well off no problem?
    €57,000 is a fairly substantial pay cut in my book, regardless of what you were earning to begin with http://www.independent.ie/national-news/taoiseach-to-take-836457000-pay-cut-1965694.html. Expect more cuts in the budget

Wake up to the facts!
    storker wrote: »
    They're trying to tax their way out of a recession, which goes contrary to economics 101, at least as far as I understand it.
    That's economics 101 for high tax economies. That's why it wasn't a particularly smart move in the 80's, however after 10 years of PD economic policy we're a low tax economy with plenty of room for increases. It'll hurt people's standard of living, and they may have to go back to 1992 when sky was a channel that probably 1 in 20 had and not a €30 a month package deal, our choices as a nation are just as stark as the ones faced by Ray MacSharry in 1987, but our living standards are never going back there. 15-20% mortgage interest?? NO minimum wage?? Central heating installed in a fraction of the national housing stock??

People need to cop on to the fact that their living standards have to suffer. This will affect high earners too. If I earned €15,000 a month in 2010 that would be €180,000. If as part of my employer's rationalisation measures I have to take a 10% paycut for 2011 that will be €162,000 or €12,000 per month.

Take taxes at 2010 rates and my 2010 net income is €180,000-€75,228 (€104,772 or €8731 a month) giving an effective tax rate (including PRSI and health levy) of approx 41.8%

If the standard rate of tax increases 2% and the higher rate increases 3%, the universal health levy is applied to all income with no deductions at 10% and 5% rather than 8% and 5% and the income levy increases to 3%, 6% and 9% (all allowances and credits remaining equal then my 2011 income will be as follows

€162,000-€75,593 (€86,407 or €7,201 a month) giving an effective tax rate (including universal contribution) of 53.6%. Not only would I have less money to begin with, I would be paying slightly more tax on it.

Just because many of the people here (including myself) live on an income closer to the cut than the remainder doesn't mean that losing over €1,500 per month isn't going to affect this person's standard of living. People on a €180k salary are more likely to have a €2 million mortgage than you or I...not my fault or problem I hear you say, well no, but neither is it your fault or problem that someone took a €300k mortgage on €40k gross salary, so they will have to cut their cloth accordingly too. They are also more likely to have a car loan in the region of your mortgage payment each month.

Make no mistake, the high earners in society will be hit proportionally on 7 December.
    Charlie McCreevy caused the mess along with his main man Bertie.

If you want a Taoiseach that spends all of their time in the media spotlight, instead of working, you really have misplaced priorities.

McCreevy was not given the chance to make fiscal corrections. What he did up until 2004 would not have been an issue if he was the minister delivering Budgets 2005, 2006 and 2007. That, however, would have cost Fianna Fáil the 2007 general election, which is why he was packed off to Brussels.

ninty9er wrote: »
    €57,000 is a fairly substantial pay cut in my book, regardless of what you were earning to begin with http://www.independent.ie/national-news/taoiseach-to-take-836457000-pay-cut-1965694.html. Expect more cuts in the budget

Wake up to the facts!

That's economics 101 for high tax economies. That's why it wasn't a particularly smart move in the 80's, however after 10 years of PD economic policy we're a low tax economy with plenty of room for increases. It'll hurt people's standard of living, and they may have to go back to 1992 when sky was a channel that probably 1 in 20 had and not a €30 a month package deal, our choices as a nation are just as stark as the ones faced by Ray MacSharry in 1987, but our living standards are never going back there. 15-20% mortgage interest?? NO minimum wage?? Central heating installed in a fraction of the national housing stock??

People need to cop on to the fact that their living standards have to suffer. This will affect high earners too. If I earned €15,000 a month in 2010 that would be €180,000. If as part of my employer's rationalisation measures I have to take a 10% paycut for 2011 that will be €162,000 or €12,000 per month.

Take taxes at 2010 rates and my 2010 net income is €180,000-€75,228 (€104,772 or €8731 a month) giving an effective tax rate (including PRSI and health levy) of approx 41.8%

If the standard rate of tax increases 2% and the higher rate increases 3%, the universal health levy is applied to all income with no deductions at 10% and 5% rather than 8% and 5% and the income levy increases to 3%, 6% and 9% (all allowances and credits remaining equal then my 2011 income will be as follows

€162,000-€75,593 (€86,407 or €7,201 a month) giving an effective tax rate (including universal contribution) of 53.6%. Not only would I have less money to begin with, I would be paying slightly more tax on it.

Just because many of the people here (including myself) live on an income closer to the cut than the remainder doesn't mean that losing over €1,500 per month isn't going to affect this person's standard of living. People on a €180k salary are more likely to have a €2 million mortgage than you or I...not my fault or problem I hear you say, well no, but neither is it your fault or problem that someone took a €300k mortgage on €40k gross salary, so they will have to cut their cloth accordingly too. They are also more likely to have a car loan in the region of your mortgage payment each month.

Make no mistake, the high earners in society will be hit proportionally on 7 December.

McCreevy was not given the chance to make fiscal corrections. What he did up until 2004 would not have been an issue if he was the minister delivering Budgets 2005, 2006 and 2007. That, however, would have cost Fianna Fáil the 2007 general election, which is why he was packed off to Brussels.

Nice to know that one FFer admits and accepts that the 2004-2007 economic policy of FF was an attempt to buy votes, and an attempt to stay in power at all costs. "All costs" being the mess we are in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

paulaa wrote: »
    Are you serious ? The Indo has always been known as the propaganda organ of FF

Nope they were pro-Fine Gael up until the mid-nineties.

See this quote from Wikipedia.
    By the mid-nineties its allegiance to Fine Gael had ended. In the 1997 general election, it endorsed Fianna Fáil under a front page editorial, entitled "It's Payback Time". While it suggested its headline referred to the fact that the election offered a chance to "pay back" politicians for their failings, its opponents suggested that the "payback" actually referred to its chance to get revenge for the refusal of the Rainbow Coalition to award the company a mobile phone licence.[3] Tony O'Reilly disputes this claim.

They certainly are pro FF now but I believe "Sir" Tony and his horde of wannabe tabloid journalist have an issue with Cowen.

gandalf wrote: »
    Nope they were pro-Fine Gael up until the mid-nineties.

See this quote from Wikipedia.

They certainly are pro FF now but I believe "Sir" Tony and his horde of wannabe tabloid journalist have an issue with Cowen.

Thanks even though 13 years seems like forever. I was actually surprised to see that article in the Indo today. It seems the worm has turned.

• Advertisement

Het-Field wrote: »
    Nice to know that one FFer admits and accepts that the 2004-2007 economic policy of FF was an attempt to buy votes, and an attempt to stay in power at all costs. "All costs" being the mess we are in now.

yes but sadly, even admitting this, he remains a FF fanboy

Wake up to the facts!

The severity of a pay cut is always relative to the overall pay. Cowen is still highly overpaid for the size of this country and economy and that's aside from his mess ups. He essentially got promoted from his disastrous run as finance minister (something you agree with) so he never deserved his pay level

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭unit 1

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    aka Biffo :D:D

aka BUFFALO:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

1 - Most experts said to do the bailout.
    2 - They aren't trying to tax there way out, they are reducing spending. (I don't think a 1 or even 2% rise counts, - probably coming in next budget.) The rest of your second paragraph was the biggest load of ****e ever.
    3 - They are best of a bad bunch.

Careful, I think your FF rosette is showing.

Stork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭BillShorey

He's an immeasurable amount better than anything the competition are putting forward currently. Enda Kenny at the helm is a nightmare I pray the country never has to realise. Indeed, FG at the helm is a nightmare the country should never have to realise either.

Cowen got extremely unlucky by becoming Taoiseach at one of the worst times in our nation's history. I don't feel he deserves the slack he gets.

I'm not a FF voter either, or I should say I haven't voted for them yet, but I've come to realise that they're certainly the best of a bad bunch in this country. The competition is appalling.

BillShorey wrote: »
    He's an immeasurable amount better than anything the competition are putting forward currently. Enda Kenny at the helm is a nightmare I pray the country never has to realise. Indeed, FG at the helm is a nightmare the country should never have to realise either.

Cowen got extremely unlucky by becoming Taoiseach at one of the worst times in our nation's history. I don't feel he deserves the slack he gets.

I'm not a FF voter either, or I should say I haven't voted for them yet, but I've come to realise that they're certainly the best of a bad bunch in this country. The competition is appalling.

I certainly feel sorry for a man who is now at the helm of an organisation who's problems mainly eminate from the Department of which he was at the helm during the years when the wantonly stupid policy was implemented. Oh wait, Cowen is as much to blame as anybody else for the policies which have landed us in this mess. Obviously you didnt read the Sunday Business Post last week.

How are FG a "nightmare" ? What have they promised differently ? I believe both parties are at one on the measure of the challange, and at one in terms of the extent of the necessary cuts. To me, both are almost indistinguishable from each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Not only that..I did then and continue to say promises to increase the pension and cut taxes even further after 2007 were ridiculous. It doesn't make me popular, but it allows me to say "told ya so"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

And he is willing to make unpopular decisions to better the country.
    He didn't touch the state pension since this crisis began. Tough decisions my arse.

Not only that..I did then and continue to say promises to increase the pension and cut taxes even further after 2007 were ridiculous. It doesn't make me popular, but it allows me to say "told ya so"

Many well respect economists would suggest that tax take has little or nothing to do with the crisis we are in. I would suggest that it is partial truth. When you want to go on the spending binge that the FFers went on to ensure the purchase of votes, it made the whole system unsustainable. Thus, the root cause was increased and unsustainable expenditure, which wouldnt have been fully mitigated by higher taxes. Equally, if the state had been frugal, and allowed the nation to stand on its own two feet, then we would never have had a problem. As such, I dont believe you can tell people that you "told us so", as I believe the basis for such an assertion is misleading in the context of the reality of the situation. It was spending increases of 10% per annum which was the tippin point, and the ultimate cause of our demise. I would also point out that there were no real taxation cuts after the 2007 election. Once that muck with Bertie was disposed of, the ****storm hit.

I certainly feel sorry for a man who is now at the helm of an organisation who's problems mainly eminate from the Department of which he was at the helm during the years when the wantonly stupid policy was implemented. Oh wait, Cowen is as much to blame as anybody else for the policies which have landed us in this mess. Obviously you didnt read the Sunday Business Post last week.

How are FG a "nightmare" ? What have they promised differently ? I believe both parties are at one on the measure of the challange, and at one in terms of the extent of the necessary cuts. To me, both are almost indistinguishable from each other.

I indeed didnt read the Sunday Business Post last week. FG and FF are indeed similar, however internally FG is an absolute mess and is in no way ready to govern this country.

Do you recall the incident whereby FG were planning on tabling a motion of no confidence and the day before Richard Bruton went and declared he had no confidence in Kenny as a leader? I mean, the timing could not have been worse, from a supposedly intelligent man. We then saw a split between high profile FG members who spoke to the media about how they felt Kenny isnt a fit leader, how they supported Bruton etc.

Yet the very next week, when Kenny announced he was willing to take some back, you had very high profile members such as Olivia Mitchell, who the week before said Kenny was not the leader for FG or this country, saying she had complete confidence in him and would serve the leader in any capacity. Same goes for Bruton. Really? Is this party really fit to do anything in this country? I dont believe so.

Enda Kenny is an issue in himself. I recall canvassing and being told that people would vote for FG if it werent for Enda Kenny. Yet, did the party ever take this feedback on board? Not at all! And it cost them the last General Election! If they cant follow the will of the people on something as minor as the leader of their party at the time of election, how could they ever be expected to follow the will of the people when it comes to actually serious matters?

I was at a talk with Enda Kenny not so long ago, where he was telling of all the impressive sounding policies and iniatives FG had. Yet, when it came to question time, he could not answer a single question directly. He was pushed on several matters yet dodged them by telling unrelated anecdotes. He hadnt a single figure to hand either. It was a complete sham. This isnt a one-off incident either, every questioning he faces yields nothing but scripted, irrelevant answers.

From the top to bottom they are some of the most pretentious, self-serving people Ive ever met. They are not fit to Govern or represent Ireland and it would be a nightmare, for me at the very least, to see them at the helm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Pull the other one, it's got bells on!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

murphaph wrote: »

Why is that hard to believe? I haven't voted for FF yet either.

murphaph wrote: »
    Honestly. I will more than likely vote for them going forward as I do now see them as the best of a bad bunch, but traditionally I have voted FG (and was actively involved with them at one point). Their true colours really shone through over the past year and who could they have had as a better champion of self-interest than George Lee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Is your first point not the role of the financial regulator?

No, the government has to make the laws.
    In your second point - "projected revenues" - they are exactly that - projected, - a forecast based on a myriad of factors.

Go and read the budgets. In 2008, the government downgraded its expected revenues from stamp duties, indicating that they understood that the housing market was slowing down. At the same time, they raised estimates for income tax and VAT. Given that consumption was largely driven by wealth generated in property and construction, this was idiotic, and was clearly meant to mitigate the wide gap between expenditures and revenues. In addition, for the last two years, the government has constantly revised its expected deficits, and the markets simply do not trust anything they have to say, because they know it will change four months later. This has helped to push interest rates over 7%
    3rd point - I agree. (apart from the by election thing). I actually contacted the minister for education on the whole catholic thing, - shortly after wards the state started buying schools from the catholic church.
    Also the way you phrase "Irish citizens" sounds very familiar, I think a certain fine gael politican likes to use similar phrases at least once in every sentence.

I am not a member of any Irish political party, although thanks for trying to subtly tag me as partisan.
    And on your final point, - I just don't see it. I realise how easy it is to be pissed off at the government right now, but he is soo much better than Bertie and Charlie (along with the opposition), he really is the best we've got! (doesn't really say much about Irish politicians)

It doesn't matter what the alternatives are, Brian Cowen's leadership has been disastrous. It the current state of the country doesn't make that obvious, I don't know what will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

How so? Kenny has not done any damage to the country, unlike Cowen who was right at the heart of it when the damage was being done. He deserves all the slack he gets, he made his own luck.

galwayrush wrote: »
    How so? Kenny has not done any damage to the country, unlike Cowen who was right at the heart of it when the damage was being done. He deserves all the slack he gets, he made his own luck.

No to mention the fact that he has absolutely no credibility abroad either

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Cowen and FF cannot be trusted at all. They got us here remember and are in the pockets of vested interests viz developers and banks.

Time for change. it's too bad FG and Labour will eat into each others numbers in the next election, leaving us with either FF still in power or an ineffectual limp coalition. Catch 22 completely but a change has to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Please note that during the 'boom' the opposition kept attacking Cowen for not spending enough. Now that the money is gone the opposition are saying he f**ked things up! FFS, where would we be if they got there way during the 'tiger' years? All opposition parties seem to take the belief that opposition means just saying that the government is wrong every time, I have no confidence in them and their complete lack of understanding. We need the guys who are willing to take action in power now. There is no sense in voting FF out when the alternative parties wont get stuck in and do the dirty work. What direct benifit would we have by voting FG and labour in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭bladespin

Charlie McCreevy caused the mess along with his main man Bertie.
    But If you still believe it was Cowen, - Explain what specifics that caused our recession. (specifics implemented by Cowen)

If you want a Taoiseach that spends all of their time in the media spotlight, instead of working, you really have misplaced priorities.

Yawn, gerr out of it, appointing regulators that do nothing, responding to a property bubble about to burst by dropping stamp for first time buyers (trap another few in negative equity), refusing to listen to pretty much every economist warning of the bubble, hiding behind Bertie, protecting the 'golden circle' until it was too late, pushing enquiries that can't investigate the actual facts due to an insulation of dates allowed, investigate everyone bar the government please.

Charlie McCreevy caused nothing, he implemented a strategy that started the Tiger, he didn't stop it.

BTW this guy is MY Taoiseach, I'm entitled to my opinion; my priorities are my family, my country and myself, he's damaged all.

A leader who hides is failing in his primary responsibility - to protect his followers, he should be the first to stand and the last to lay down, Brian Cowen got this bit arseways. He should have stood in front of and by the people, instead he deserted them to let fear and speculation scare them, the damage this did is eveiden in our economy, people are saving incredible proportions of their income out of fear, this itself is the main factor that has prolonged the recession.

He still hasn't adressed the antion about the state we're in, instead he leaves that to Lenihan and the press.

Now if I'm wrong explain to me how he protected us from the bubble, what policies he implemented to halt it, how he tackled corruption in banking, how I missed when he stood up and calmed the peoples fears and how he was hoarse 'that' morning.

• Advertisement

I indeed didnt read the Sunday Business Post last week. FG and FF are indeed similar, however internally FG is an absolute mess and is in no way ready to govern this country.

Do you recall the incident whereby FG were planning on tabling a motion of no confidence and the day before Richard Bruton went and declared he had no confidence in Kenny as a leader? I mean, the timing could not have been worse, from a supposedly intelligent man. We then saw a split between high profile FG members who spoke to the media about how they felt Kenny isnt a fit leader, how they supported Bruton etc.

Yet the very next week, when Kenny announced he was willing to take some back, you had very high profile members such as Olivia Mitchell, who the week before said Kenny was not the leader for FG or this country, saying she had complete confidence in him and would serve the leader in any capacity. Same goes for Bruton. Really? Is this party really fit to do anything in this country? I dont believe so.

Enda Kenny is an issue in himself. I recall canvassing and being told that people would vote for FG if it werent for Enda Kenny. Yet, did the party ever take this feedback on board? Not at all! And it cost them the last General Election! If they cant follow the will of the people on something as minor as the leader of their party at the time of election, how could they ever be expected to follow the will of the people when it comes to actually serious matters?

I was at a talk with Enda Kenny not so long ago, where he was telling of all the impressive sounding policies and iniatives FG had. Yet, when it came to question time, he could not answer a single question directly. He was pushed on several matters yet dodged them by telling unrelated anecdotes. He hadnt a single figure to hand either. It was a complete sham. This isnt a one-off incident either, every questioning he faces yields nothing but scripted, irrelevant answers.

From the top to bottom they are some of the most pretentious, self-serving people Ive ever met. They are not fit to Govern or represent Ireland and it would be a nightmare, for me at the very least, to see them at the helm.

I see bull**** now comes in industrial strength sizes

You could have summed your hackneyed point up in two words i.e. "Enda Kenny". Instead you just level criticisms which could be attributable to almost every political leader on ths Ireland. At what point has Brian Cowen ever given a remark of great political probiety or insight ? At what point has Brian Cowen ever avoided proffering verbal diahhorea in exchange for noteworthy, and implementable policy or ideology ?

The Kenny/Bruton split ? Yes it was unedifying from FG. It was unwelcome for those of the blueshirt persuasion. However, it has long since passed. I would also question why FF have stuck with Cowen for so long. I know what you would say, but I would venture that 18% in the polls makes instability a non-runner as far as the careerist hacks and glorified County Councellors are concerned. They want to retain their seats, and instability now deprives them of every opportunity of doing so. Otherwise, much like Albert Reynolds, he would have been ousted without mercy.

Im also interested by your definition of the typical FGer. It is just as reprehensible and ignorant as the average steryotype that a FGer holds about the average FGer.

Your post was pathetic, and is the usual rubbish I have come to expect.

Advertisement