Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I the only fan of Brian Cowen?

Options
  • 05-11-2010 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

I have to admit, I prefer American politics due to it's entertaining nature, but lately I have been listening/watching Oireachtas sessions online, and I have to admit - I'm loving Brian Cowen!!

He is extremely intelligent.
    He is very well spoken (apart from the fat man slur(not a drunken one!)).
    He knows figures off by heart.
    And he is willing to make unpopular decisions to better the country. (in my own opinion)

All of these qualities seemed to be magnified due to Enda Kennys inadequacies.

Here is Cowens latest speech. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMzUbzDH2IA&feature=sub

Judge for yourself. Plenty of videos of all Dail sessions online.

***NB*** I am not part of any political party, I just call it the way I see it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

Then you need to get your eyes checked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I would say you're pretty much on your own!

Perhaps when you're finished with them, you could give me the lend of your rose tinted glasses. It might help me see the depressing state of our country predominantly caused by Cowen and his retards in a different light, and detach me from reality, hopefully to the same extent as you seem to be.

Still, you're in a better place!!;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Wow. And there was me thinking he hadn't reached primary school level yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Lenihan, stop ass licking, get off boards and try sorting your figures out for the budget you idiot!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Lenihan, stop ass licking, get off boards and try sorting your figures out for the budget you idiot!!!!!

And there was I thinking it was Jim McDaid!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

dahamsta wrote: »
    Wow. And there was me thinking he hadn't reached primary school level yet.

He is a qualified barrister. Enda Kenny is a primary school teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Ok - gonna cut the OP some slack here - but just a tiny and probably irrelevant bit:D Brian Cowen "the man" is an ok guy - witty, entertaining and intelligent. However, Brian Cowen "the political leader" is a somewhat different story - out of his depth, struggling too hard to survive, often looking confused, not always honest, occasionaly cowardly and terribly tired. Now, who do we need at the present time - the man or the political leader?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Actually there has been a noted change in his behavior since "The Hangover".

I think he has certainly improved, but it's too little, too late.

Forgive the lame analogy, but people wouldn't say Uncle Adolf was nice to the jews if he built one synagogue at the end of the war despite being one of the primary actors in their genocide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

OP you are not the only fan of Cowan.
    The country is quite well stocked in cheerleaders actually.

Boards however is not. But neither does boards ever put forward a viable alternative.

Cowan is both good and bad. He was not brave enough to make the unpopular decisions when they counted but will make them now that they are not so unpopular nor difficult to make. This will help his faithful to remain so.

There's no denying that he's a very bright man. But he is a bit too "smart" if ye get me. A bit too much like Pat Rabitt in his turns of phrase. His intelligence does not reach so far into his people skills nor his societal empathy. How else could he have his drinking buddy as Táiniste!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I have to admit, I prefer American politics due to it's entertaining nature, but lately I have been listening/watching Oireachtas sessions online, and I have to admit - I'm loving Brian Cowen!!

He is extremely intelligent.
    And he is willing to make unpopular decisions to better the country. (in my own opinion)

All of these qualities seemed to be magnified due to Enda Kennys inadequacies.

Here is Cowens latest speech. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMzUbzDH2IA&feature=sub

Judge for yourself. Plenty of videos of all Dail sessions online.

***NB*** I am not part of any political party, I just call it the way I see it.

Nothing more to be said on that highlighted and see why you are a Brian fan:D

Highlighted number two,yes the figures to keep him from the poor house he knows off by Heart :mad:

Brian????

• Advertisement

enda1 wrote: »
    But neither does bards ever put forward a viable alternative.

To Cowen? How about a Tamworth? It's slightly more intelligent, and better looking to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

He is a qualified barrister. Enda Kenny is a primary school teacher.
    Charles Haughey was not only a qualified barrister, but also a Chartered Accountant and held a BA from UCD.

Your point is...?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I bought him a Christmas pressie, thought he could do with it earlier.
    [IMG][/img]abacus.jpg

Charles Haughey was not only a qualified barrister, but also a Chartered Accountant and held a BA from UCD.

Your point is...?

Robert Mugabe has 7 degrees. Mugabe for Taoiseach!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

He is a qualified barrister.

Crikey they must have lowered "the bar" that year he qualified:D

Shazanne wrote: »
    Ok - gonna cut the OP some slack here - but just a tiny and probably irrelevant bit:D Brian Cowen "the man" is an ok guy - witty, entertaining and intelligent. However, Brian Cowen "the political leader" is a somewhat different story - out of his depth, struggling too hard to survive, often looking confused, not always honest, occasionaly cowardly and terribly tired. Now, who do we need at the present time - the man or the political leader?????

But who would you rather - Brian Cowen the political leader, or Enda Kenny jackass?

galwayrush wrote: »
    I bought him a Christmas pressie, thought he could do with it earlier.
    [IMG][/img]abacus.jpg

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

But who would you rather - Brian Cowen the political leader, or Enda Kenny jackass?

Neither!!!! My 2 year old would do better. And at least if he was on the radio and slurring his speech it would be adorable, not internationally humiliating!

Your point is...?

My point was - Enda Kenny is an idiot.

Neither!!!! My 2 year old would do better. And at least if he was on the radio and slurring his speech it would be adorable, not internationally humiliating!

He always slurs his speech, that's just the way he talks. If you must blame someone, blame the guy who first implied he was drunk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Counter point - Cowen is an idiot whos already proved he cant handle it and is just gonna keep doing damage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

At least as a ex-primary school teacher he knows how to control infants.

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    Actually there has been a noted change in his behavior since "The Hangover".

I think he has certainly improved, but it's too little, too late.

Forgive the lame analogy, but people wouldn't say Uncle Adolf was nice to the jews if he built one synagogue at the end of the war despite being one of the primary actors in their genocide.

Your analogy implies Brian Cowen was to blame for Irelands part in a world wide financial meltdown, when in fact Irelands meltdown can be nearly entirerly blamed on Charlie McCreevy. The lastest episodes of reeling in the years documents it quite well. (I think it was 2001)

At least as a ex-primary school teacher he knows how to control infants.

Learn how to compose a half decent argument.

Counter point - Cowen is an idiot whos already proved he cant handle it and is just gonna keep doing damage

How?

Seriously, - watch an hour or 2 of Dail proceedings and you will get a better understanding of what goes on. (political media is appalling in this country)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

He always slurs his speech, that's just the way he talks. If you must blame someone, blame the guy who first implied he was drunk!

Bit of a contradiction there I think. If "he always slurs his speech" how can he ever be very well spoken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Seriously, - watch an hour or 2 of Dail proceedings and you will get a better understanding of what goes on. (political media is appalling in this country)

I watched it hundreds of times,and he seriously can not speak.He is shifty and he also avoids facts and figures.
    And explain this to me,with everyone taking their hits on wages and expenses,where are his why arent they taking a big hit in their wages to save the country? While they can certainly hit the less well off no problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

How?

How???
    Have you had your head under a rock or up your ass for the last few years?

Advertisement