Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic not seeing Irish channels again.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭championc

Lads, you are all obviously more gifted than I am at going into the setup and reprogamming, saving to SD cards, etc. I'm but a humble joe.

Anyway, I bought a MaxT2 digital terrestrial decoder box from Satworld in Kimmage, Dublin. Now I have all TV channels back, but I have so many control boxes it's a real pain. I've connected it through one of the HDMI ports, but have lost the nice and easy Freesat/Digital/Analogue switching option that was so handy with the Panasonic.

I would never have bought this TV if I knew the problems I would encounter, and I bought this from Seamus Watters Electrical who categorically assured me that I could watch Irish channels in digital with no issue when analogue was closed off. I've emailed them, tried to call them, but no one will return my calls.

I think letters to the relevant regulatory bodies in Belfast and Dublin are now in order.

And all I wanted was to watch the telly without having to pay UPC.....

Not sure which model you have - is it a G10B ? And I assume you are also living in Dublin so maybe someone on here would make or copy an SD Card with 3 Rock scanned and already on a Hotel File. Sorry but I have a G20B so can't help

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭AvidIrishReader

championc wrote: »
    Not sure which model you have - is it a G10B ? And I assume you are also living in Dublin so maybe someone on here would make or copy an SD Card with 3 Rock scanned and already on a Hotel File. Sorry but I have a G20B so can't help

Yes, it's a TXL32G10. Thanks for the offer anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Dony

I too am sorry If I come over all ignorant. I've completely read the thread and understand about 70% of it. I start to get a bit lost when you start talking about hotel files and transfering info/backups to a sd card.
    I have a TXP 42V10B bought from Mr Watters about a year ago.

I've actually never connected an aeriel to it -I just use a humax pvr box connected to it for freesat and watch analogue rte on a different set in another room.

This is all about to change as I ran in another coax cable for DTT.
    So what are the do's and don'ts? What should I expect? I've been reading that when some of you were prompted to do a re-tune you lost channels that you previously had. Do I need to back up something first?
    Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭maxg

You simply get no tv channels if you do a channel scan for dvb-t.
    The channel scan was working before november and you would lose such a list after a fresh scan but you don't have such a list anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Dony

maxg wrote: »
    You simply get no tv channels if you do a channel scan for dvb-t.
    The channel scan was working before november and you would lose such a list after a fresh scan but you don't have such a list anyway.

So what you're telling me is, had I been connected up before November I'd have held on to some channels if I didn't rescan but now I've no chance of getting anything?
    Thats a pain in the nads. When buying from Watters they DEFINITELY told me I'd be able to receive the Irish digital terrestials.
    Roll on Soarsat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭maxg

There is a hack available.
    You could ask if Watters is willing to do the irish DTT hack at their risk.
    Btw the values are different at a V10B compared to the G10 and G15 range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Dony wrote: »
    So what you're telling me is, had I been connected up before November I'd have held on to some channels if I didn't rescan but now I've no chance of getting anything?
    Thats a pain in the nads. When buying from Watters they DEFINITELY told me I'd be able to receive the Irish digital terrestials.
    Roll on Soarsat!

Its not that the G10 cant do it. It has been deliberately crippled by Panasonic not to.

But you can tune them in if you carefully follow the hack instructions earlier in the thread.

Otherwise you might have a case for a refund with the Waters. Panasonic might take it a little more seriously then. And I am fully aware that they might even read these threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Laker04

Yep, I totally agree. The G20B is a better TV, but I couldn't find a "bricks & mortar" retailer in Ireland that would ship to Kerry. I wanted to use an Irish retailer should I have any problems down the road & needed for return or repair, hence my reluctance with an online purchase for such a high ticket item.

U could try the Panasonic store in Limerick. They said they could import one for me if I really wanted but they were much more expensive that Seamus Watters so needless to day I went with him. No complaints there btw, telly was at my door at 9 the next morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

TBH I would not touch a Panasonic till they clear up THEIR mess.

If I bought ANY make of TV from ANYONE inside last two years and it was advertised as Digital, I'd take it back if not working. Get Replacement or Refund.

I'm baffled to be honest as to what the attraction was of Panasonic.

http://www.techtir.ie/blog/cinocat4/no-dtt-get-money-back

If you were specifically assured it would work with Irish Digital your case is cast iron.

Laker04 wrote: »
    U could try the Panasonic store in Limerick. They said they could import one for me if I really wanted but they were much more expensive that Seamus Watters so needless to day I went with him. No complaints there btw, telly was at my door at 9 the next morning...

Wouldn't bother with Panny Limerick - think they might be just a franchise outlet. I sent them 3 emails about getting technical info and never had one single reply.

So another 100% satisfied G20B owner then joining the club !!

C

• Advertisement

Wouldn't bother with Panny Limerick - think they might be just a franchise outlet. I sent them 3 emails about getting technical info and never had one single reply.

So another 100% satisfied G20B owner then joining the club !!

C

95% satisfied, would love to record one channel to external hard disk whilst watching another, apart from that it's a fantastic telly, highly recommend

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Could anyone post the Hotel file for a L32G10B for 3Rock/Kippure ch 54?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sonicmick

I've saved the files for the tx-32lzd81 for Three Rock, if anyone needs them...

Yes please i have a tx-32lzd81 and lost channels after rescan so it would be great if you would share I live in the lucan area so i recive signal from three rock also thanks :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Can someone confirm whether the Proposed SFN for 3 Rock and Kippure is working,

If it is the 3Rock and Kippure files should be exactly the same
    If not then they must be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

I don't know about the internal structure of the Panasonic files, but the data content of the multiplex on each transmitter should be identical. The only difference should be the UHF channel that the TV needs to tune to receive the multiplex.

Laker04 wrote: »
    95% satisfied, would love to record one channel to external hard disk whilst watching another, apart from that it's a fantastic telly, highly recommend

Just a slight correction / clarification on this (for the Panny G20B). I bought a 750gb USB drive on Saturday and connected it up. After playing around with things, I've discovered that you can record one program while watching another Previously Recorded program. So if you plan your viewing correctly, it can "sort of" allow you to record one while watching another.

There's also a timer recording function which will allow you to select a channel to record and then set the time you want the recording to be done. You select the channel first and then go into the Timing Setting so you cannot select the station within timing and so you cannot record programs from different stations.

C

All these problems with narrative audio being slected by default despite it being the main stream makes me wonder about compliance with ISO 639.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 12560

Hello all.

Would anyone have the Hotel copy of a TH42PZ81 and TH46PZ81 from 3 rock?

Just a slight correction / clarification on this (for the Panny G20B). I bought a 750gb USB drive on Saturday and connected it up. After playing around with things, I've discovered that you can record one program while watching another Previously Recorded program. So if you plan your viewing correctly, it can "sort of" allow you to record one while watching another.

There's also a timer recording function which will allow you to select a channel to record and then set the time you want the recording to be done. You select the channel first and then go into the Timing Setting so you cannot select the station within timing and so you cannot record programs from different stations.

C

All true but I was referring to two programs on from 9 to 10 for example. There is no way to record one of the programs whilst watching the other like you can do with Sky+. The few +1 channels on freeSat have been a Godsend at times though. I'll probably invest in a saorView/freeSat tuner and hook it up to one of the hdmi channels if there is no firmware update in the offering.

Unfortunately not. The TV is treated as one single device with one Tuner so only one programme at a time. However, I can confirm that when the TV is left in Standby mode, you can set it to record from any channels that have been stored and you can record from a mix of Satellite, Terrestrial Digital or Terrestrial Analog - so long as no programmes overlap.

This has been perfect for my needs thus far, over the Christmas and no more digging around for DVD-RW's checking as to how much space is left on them !! The DVD Recorder is suddenly gathering dust.

C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Hey Guys,

Really hope somebody can help, I had my new Panasonic TX-P42C2E in my parents house over Christmas, everything was working fine there. I just brought it up to my place yesterday and its not picking up any signal for DVB-T. Has anyone any ideas? I have reset it to shipping condition and no luck.

That model should be fine albeit sans MHEG5. What country was selected on startup ? Ireland?

Check the aerial connection and make sure you are scanning right frequency.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Beau wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Really hope somebody can help, I had my new Panasonic TX-P42C2E in my parents house over Christmas, everything was working fine there. I just brought it up to my place yesterday and its not picking up any signal for DVB-T. Has anyone any ideas? I have reset it to shipping condition and no luck.

Did it work previously at your house or did you set it up at your parents place?

Do you receive your TV signal from the same transmitter as your parents?

Is your local transmitter upgraded for Saorview DTT?

Do you currently receive analogue TV3 (and the other analogue channels) with an aerial?

Ireland isn't an option I'm afraid. I've tried France and 'Others' but no luck.

Sorry but how do i check the aerial connection and what is the right frequency?

Stupid question coming up but aerial? I thought that was in the TV!? I have literally just plugged in the mains and thought I'd be able to pick these up. At my parents it was hooked up to a normal terrestrial aerial and sky.

Yes you do need an aerial. That is how terrestrial TV works.

Do you have an aerial ?

Where are you in the country ?

Stupid question coming up but aerial? I thought that was in the TV!? I have literally just plugged in the mains and thought I'd be able to pick these up. At my parents it was hooked up to a normal terrestrial aerial and sky.

A TV requires an aerial for terrestrial reception, both analogue and digital.

Outside, attic or set top aerial depending on your location, transmitter and distance from transmitter.

Ok, cringe :o

There's an aerial in the house but not in my room. I presume a cheap one you stick on top of the TV wont work? I live in Dublin.

Thanks

Edit: Found the sticky. Thanks for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

STB wrote: »
    Yes you do need an aerial. That is how terrestrial TV works.

Do you have an aerial ?

Where are you in the country ?

I think I need to add this clearly to saortv.info, I've seen this a few times recently.

Obviously TVs are now so advanced that the Technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

There's an aerial in the house but not in my room. I presume a cheap one you stick on top of the TV wont work? I live in Dublin.

Thanks

Yes a cheap one you stick on top of your TV will work, but place it by your window cill to ensure better reception.

Manually Scan (its an option on the menu) the dvb-t digital tuner channel 54 (738 MHZ). It will find all the channels RTE1, 2, TV3 TG4 3e and RTE news now and radio channels.

A bent coat hanger will even work but the signal will not be stable - a good indoor aerial placed by the window (and connected to your TVs aerial port)will be fine.

Cant believe I am doing this! The Aerial socket looks like this on the back of the TV (furthest left)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgjUjCCFiuLcW95b3LyanJIt9XYMwDq_EJaW4Ra5XfZSx5KPDXMh0WuQs

Just to clarify this for me (and for Watty). You arent taking the piss are you ?

• Advertisement

Thanks

A little homework for you

Advertisement