Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Finals!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Got mine! This is great craic....im goin to post a pic when i get mine or when Beanie gets his should i say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Is AJ sending them in aplhabetical order?! I'll be nearly last :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

It's so exciting! Can't wait to c who I get :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Is AJ sending them in aplhabetical order?! I'll be nearly last :D

In order people got there info to me, your next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

I got mine! I love this, it's such a good idea. My girl is in getting spayed today, and I'm a little teary. It's lovely to think someone out there is thinking of her Christmas present :D

*Sorry, I'm very emotional today. I just want her home, house is way too quiet*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

i-digress wrote: »
    I got mine! I love this, it's such a good idea. My girl is in getting spayed today, and I'm a little teary. It's lovely to think someone out there is thinking of her Christmas present :D

*Sorry, I'm very emotional today. I just want her home, house is way too quiet*

Had mine done 2 and half weeks ago, a little out of sorts the same evening but bounced right back the next day ;), Just keep her warm and wrap her up a bit if she shivers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

Had mine done 2 and half weeks ago, a little out of sorts the same evening but bounced right back the next day ;), Just keep her warm and wrap her up a bit if she shivers :)

I find out at half six if they're letting her home tonight, so fingers crossed. Thanks for the advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Got mine! Its quiet exciting, will have to get the thinking cap on now! :D

I-Digress. Dont forget to let us know how your girls get on. I had my girl done about eight months ago and when I collected her that night she was groggy but fine. I, on the other hand spent the night sitting beside her bed crying with guilt.

I have to say though the next day she was right as rain and the dote never once touched her stitches even though she wasn't wearing "the cone of shame" :D

Ten days later stitches were out and that was that!

Best of luck.

A few tips for anyone inclined to try and do a bit of dectective work to find out what boardsie they have ;)

The full list of boardsies taking part is posted on page 2 of this thread. As you have an address you could try checking to see if any of them post in the relevant regional forum for the general area.

You might discover their identity from the Pet's details, try a searching for the pets name, breed etc. (iirc we have 2 pets of the same name, the rest of the names are all different).

Some will be very easily identified, some much harder, you can try the process of elimination in this case.

We only have 5 cats so shouldn't be too hard to identify those.

If anyone comes up with any other ideas, please share! :)

<ETA> Lots of pets names were posted on the first Secret Santa thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

got mine thanks, its soo exciting... will be thinking bout what to get all weekend though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I'm the same! I'm sooo excited! I don't have Santa in the house anymore as the kids grew up (I'll never forgive them for that:D) but this is the closest I've come to having that Christmas excitement again! I can't wait to get into the pet shop and start looking!!!:)

In order people got there info to me, your next!

Got it thanks!

Know one without looking through the thread so must investigate the second one!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

OOOOOh I know what one of mine is getting already. :D

I haven't a clue what I am getting, must go to the new Petmania in Galway on Monday for a look :D

Ye getting one thing or a few small ones??

I haven't a clue what I am getting, must go to the new Petmania in Galway on Monday for a look :D

Ye getting one thing or a few small ones??

I was torn between getting one thing thats a little unusual or things more likely to be appreciated by the pet, I think I've found the right present purely by accident while looking online though! Just hope It's there when I get to the shop. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh this is so hard - is it ok to go slightly over the 10?

I thought I had a great one - then thinking about it, maybe it's a bit too boring. So I have no idea what to get now!

Would people prefer practical pressies or something fun and frivolous do you think?

Whispered wrote: »
    Would people prefer practical pressies or something fun and frivolous do you think?

I dunno, fun I think! What would you prefer? Thinks it's just for a laugh nut really haven't a clue what to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

It'll be ok to send live creatures won't it?

Whispered wrote: »
    Oh this is so hard - is it ok to go slightly over the 10?

I thought I had a great one - then thinking about it, maybe it's a bit too boring. So I have no idea what to get now!

I don't think anyone would mind if you spent slightly over €10 on them, Think I'm gonna put a christmas card in (not including it in the price!). Going shopping tomorrow, will probably change my mind 6 times. I don't think people will mind too much what they get. I think the hardest part will be having it sitting there for so long after it arrives begging to be opened :eek:

scudzilla wrote: »
    It'll be ok to send live creatures won't it?
    LOL!!! I don't fancy their chances of survival untill 22nd December, If anyone gets a box thats moving around and jumping off the table open it immediately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

LOL!!! I don't fancy their chances of survival untill 22nd December, If anyone gets a box thats moving around and jumping off the table open it immediately!

I was extracting the urine on that post ;);)

I'm going over to Wales next week so will pic up what i need to pick up there, get twice as much for your money

scudzilla wrote: »
    I was extracting the urine on that post ;);)

I'm going over to Wales next week so will pic up what i need to pick up there, get twice as much for your money

Yes, I assumed so, I was playing along :p I don't really expect any cats to be recieving a box of mice or rats, though I'm sure they'd be delighted!

<ETA> Anyway no food items are allowed :P

We have 2 new commers/late commers now. They've been paired against each other and asked to remain annonymous untill after they have posted their parcels to keep the secret aspect of the thing :)

That really is it now though, no more PMs from new people please!

Guys I haven't a clue what to get. Am going to Belfast tomorrow so hoping they have some really cool things that Galway doesn't!

I got mine yesterday, it's boring stuff with a twist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Tillygirl do you want a few links to buy online? I ordered mine on monday after changin my mind 3 times :D

Yes please :D

Am hoping the pet shops in Belfast are better than Galway! Probably too late to order online but nice to get some ideas.

Thank you

Yes please :D

Am hoping the pet shops in Belfast are better than Galway! Probably too late to order online but nice to get some ideas.

Thank you

Pets At Home have an amazing range of things I haven't seen anywhere else, they also have a store in Belfast and you can look online on their site in the meantime. I find they always have everything in stock and if you don't find anything online from then that suits you can at least cross them off your list ;)

http://www.petsathome.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/LocateStores?storeId=10551&region=northernireland&catalogId=10601&langId=-1

<ETA> PM sent with a few suggestions!

Tillygirl will you be travelling to Belfast by car? If so what route will you be taking? Some people may know of good shops on the way!

• Advertisement

Thanks to AJ and Annie for PMs!

Am going by car galway - belfast via Dublin!

Will go to pets at home store in belfast, hope to get up before shops close tomorrow evening so will hopefully pick something really good up.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement