Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Finals!

Options
  • 04-11-2010 2:02pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the API Official Secret Santa Thread which is in a clever disguise ;).

Lets get the formalities out of the way first of all.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

General Rules

1. Moderators reserve the right to exclude any participant from this process without giving reason to them, me or anyone else.

2. Do not discuss any information you have been given by PM on this thread or elsewhere, above all else the idea of ‘Secret Santa’ is based on the fact that you do not know who your gift is coming from so don’t give the game away!

3. The emphasis is on giving, not receiving.

4. All PM’s should be sent to a moderator as well as myself, and give the title as ‘Secret Santa Thread’

5. Moderators have no part in organising this they are simply overseeing and monitoring so it runs as smoothly as possible.

6. I am trying to organise this in a way that the minimum of PM’s should be sent to keep it as simple as possible and make life a bit easier for the mods, they have enough to deal with here. Consider if it’s actually necessary before sending them. I will be using the update posts as a way of monitoring this throughout and will ask participants to give thumbs up to posts as a way of confirming you have completed certain parts of the process.

7. General questions can be asked in this thread as long as they are not specific to the person you have been drawn.

8. Don’t give thumbs up to the confirmation posts until that step has been done please.

9. The guide price for spending on gifts is €10 (postage extra). I think this is an ideal figure as it allows for a decent choice of what you can get without pricing people out of the process.

10. This thread could get very long so I'm giving all this information now so it's easy to find at the beginning of the thread.

It depends on every single person to do their part to make sure this runs as smoothly as possible, so please keep this in mind.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Package Rules - Will be kept to a minimum but a few are necessary :)

1. Please avoid sending Pet Treats and Food Items as pet allergies and food intolerances are fairly widespread now and a lot of pet owners are quite fussy about what they feed their pets anyway.

2. Please try to make sure as far as possible that items are suitable for the animal. In particular keep in mind the breed and/or size of pets if buying toys, we don’t want any dogs choking on or ingesting their Secret Santa pressies!

3. Other than this you are limited only by your imagination but keep in mind that you also have to pay for the postage of it which will depend on size and weight.

Time frame and Personal Information

I will need details of anyone participating on or before the 18th November.

Please wait until as close to this date as you can before sending your PM so that your details are kept for as short a period of time as necessary and the mods lives as disrupted for as short a period as necessary! In the mean time you can register your interest by thumbs up to this post and feel free to discuss it on this thread.

Hopefully I should be able to get all PM's back to you regarding who your gift is for on the 19th November.

Posting period will be from the 1st December untill the 4th, if at all possible please post your packages inside these dates, this gives everyone a 2 week period to find suitable pressies :D and hopefully will avoid some of the pre-christmas posting rush!

The official date for opening pressies is the 22nd December as I'm sure everyone has better things to do over christmas than posting on this thread! No cheating and opening early or tearing corners off for a peek!

The information I will need is as follows

Pet Details:
    Species (Dog, Cat etc),
    Breed or Size (if you own a crossbred dog or feel it appropriate to give for some other reason)
    Your Pet's name (optional)
    Male or Female

Your Details:

Your Name:
    You can provide as little information as you wish as long as the package will definately reach you. You can give your name for example as Joe Soap or Mr. J. Soap (Ms. will suffice for all ladies!)

Your Address:
    You will need to provide an address at which you will definately recieve your package, you can either give your home address or a C/O (care of) address. When your details are passed on, your Secret Santa will recieve your details in the following format regardless or whether you have used your personal home address or not:
    (Pet's name optional ;))
    Attn: (Your Name)
    C/O: Address you have given
    This way no one will be any the wiser if you have used your home address or not and will ensure your package gets to you (especially in the case where you have used a business address).

I think thats enough information overload for the minute! Feel free to post away on this thread now :)

Stage 1

Thumbs up for this post please to confirm you have sent your PM with your details (as close as possible to the 18th November)

Stage 2

Thumbs up for this post to confirm you have recieved your PM with details of the pet you are sending your package to.

• Advertisement

Stage 3 - Posting

Thumbs up to confirm you have posted your package and it's on it's way! Please wait until 1st December to confirm if for any reason you have had to post early!

Stage 4 - Receiving

Thumbs up to confirm you have recieved your package. If you have more than one pet waiting on pressies, please wait until they all arrive before confirming.

Just to clarify, I won't be replying to PMs to confirm that I have recieved them in order to keep PMs to a minimum so mods can be kept in the loop. I will contact you though if you have 'thanked' the confirm post and I don't recieve a PM from you. I will also post a list of participants here on the thread closer to the 18th just in case anyone is missed and another on the 18th. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Bump^^^ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So i send my address by pm to you and a mod??

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    So i send my address by pm to you and a mod??

Yes, All the details mentioned in post #4 there.

3 days to go now ;)

If anyone is unsure which mod to copy in, Hellrazer and Seamus are the 2 that are aware this is happening, so you can copy in either of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Welcome to the API Official Secret Santa Thread which is in a clever disguise ;).

Lets get the formalities out of the way first of all.

Hurrah you used my suggestion re name :) Just saw this now by the way, lucky I was watching other thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Just wondering why its "in disguise"? Must of missed that bit...

anniehoo wrote: »
    Just wondering why its "in disguise"? Must of missed that bit...

To avoid egits comming across it on the main page and comming in for a troll ;)

Hi folks, tomorrow is the deadline so I will post a list later of who I have so far and send a standard PM to those who expressed an interest but I haven't heard from. Mods will be sent a list of participants and when I get the go ahead everyone will be matched up.

Each user will be allocated a number which will go into a container. For multiple pets your number will go in more than once. Each pet will be given the same number followed by b, c, d etc for subsequent pets. The first number drawn determines who will buy the present and the number drawn from the second batch will determine the pet they are buying for. If you draw yourself it will be thrown back in and drawn again. The draw will be conducted by my 4 year old niece ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

The draw will be conducted by my 4 year old niece ;)

I DEMAND an independent adjudicator. :p

Whispered wrote: »
    I DEMAND an independent adjudicator. :p

She's the most independant 4 year old I know, does that count? :D

Ok, here's who I have so far, in alphabetical order.

adrenalinjunkie
    anniehoo
    antomagoo
    belongtojazz
    Blogger50
    drongal
    i-digress
    kildareash
    minxie
    sambuka41
    scudzilla
    Shamanic
    Shazanne
    tazwaz
    Tillygirl
    tommy21
    TooManyDogs
    Whispered

<Updated 18th Nov>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

That's great adrenaline! How many animals are involved in that, just as a matter of interest? And can you refresh my mind on the amont to be spent? I know that if I wasn't so lazy I could go back on previous posts to check:D:D I cant wait to go shopping!!!!

20 animals so far ;) Guide price is €10, I might cheat though and spend £10 stg :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Oh didnt even notice that there was a new thread, hopefully im not too late??:o

sambuka41 wrote: »
    Oh didnt even notice that there was a new thread, hopefully im not too late??:o

Still OK as long as its in by tomorrow morning ;)

Don't want to give too much away at the minute as regards info. as I don't want to make it too easy to indentify any late commers. Will post some statistics tomorrow with numbers to give everyone an idea of numbers of dogs/cats/etc involved as a bit of entertainment while waiting on mods to give the go ahead. Will do the draw around lunchtime tomorrow as I don't think mods are going to have any issues at all but best to let them have their say before the PMs go out. ;)

If anyone wants in last minute tomorrow, before the draw is done PM me with your details and I'll let you know if it's still ok or is too late. I should be online a lot tomorrow though so should get back to you fairly quickly. After tomorrow hopefully I can relax and enjoy it with the rest of you! :)

Hellrazer and Seamus have given the go ahead, so now it's just me everyone's waiting on :p

We have 18 participants. An post are going to have 25 parcels floating around the country because of this thread, 20 of which will be going to dogs and the rest to cats so no-one has to go looking for presents for anything in anyway exotic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

How are you going to divide 25 presents between 18 people? If someone has multiple pets, i presume its buy one present for one pet yeh?

anniehoo wrote: »
    How are you going to divide 25 presents between 18 people? If someone has multiple pets, i presume its buy one present for one pet yeh?

People who want a present each for 2 pets will be buying 2 in return so their name is in twice and so on ;)

(Basically there is 25 little folded up pieces of paper each in 2 mixing bowls awaiting my niece comming home from playschool!)

<ETA> It has all been checked, double checked & triple checked so the only thing that can go wrong is I'm left with the same person last in each bowl, in which case I'll have to do it again!

The draw has been done now! It will take me some time to get all the PMs out so bear with me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

The draw has been done now! It will take me some time to get all the PMs out so bear with me :)

How exciting!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement