Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humanity Must Be Destroyed!! (Two Minutes' Hate) 20140525 - SEE RULES IN POST #2

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

FTA69 wrote: »
    Trendy East London restaurants and their too-cool-for-school nonsense.

"Oh here are your thrice cooked chips served in a steel cup/mini fryer basket yoke."

"Would you like your cocktail in a jam-jar?"

"Our cuisine is Dirty American meets New Orleans meets Asian fusion meets..."

F*ck off.

On Saturday I went to Red Dog Saloon with a buddy of mine, booked in advance and had a tasty (if pricey) feed of American BBQ. I land into work today to a p*ssy e-mail enquiring as to why we didn't keep our booking and reminding me that I deprived other diners of a seat. News to f*cking me considering I was in the for an hour stuffing my face before the Ireland game. Here is my response:

Dear Sir,

I do sympathise with this urgent and pressing matter and apologise profusely for any distress you may have experienced. However, unless I am having a localised psychotic episode (again), I clearly remember dining in your establishment at the agreed time. While your staff are clearly of an efficient and trendy disposition, they're not very observant if they missed two Irish fellas with giant beards, one of whom was 6'7", who apparently took this vacant table and managed to eat everything on the menu completely under the noses of the expectant waiting staff.

Perhaps, it was a natural mystery á la the Sixth Sense whereupon myself and my mate Greg are actually ghosts who conduct our lives entirely invisible to the surrounding world? Or perhaps some sort of black hole was largely localised in Hoxton at the very moment we ate our buffalo wings so in fact, we consumed them in another dimension? Who knows? However, scientific and paranormal hypotheses aside, I must again emphasise that we did in fact keep our booking and we ate various mediocre to quite-tasty meat dishes.

Yours,

FTA69

Bit cheeky of them even if you didn't show up! Who the fck do they think they are? Are customers now treated as children to be scolded by businesses if we choose not to avail of their services. Not sure what they are trying to achieve by sending an email like that, there could be a million reasons why someone doesnt show up for a reservation. The only thing that would come from an email like that is ensuring that the customer wont come in the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Even more infuriating when we did show up and dropped 30 loop each in their gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

FTA69 wrote: »
    Even more infuriating when we did show up and dropped 30 loop each in their gaff.

Would like to see the response if you get one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Seriously set it on fire and London might get cooler.

I might go live in a pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

The fucking Central Line in summer! It feels so wrong to breath in air that hot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Pretty specific but the 'Word on the Street' section in Time Out.

Just seems full of the kind of stuff annoying hipsters say when they're talking to their friends really loud so everyone can hear their witticisms.

I don't know why but I always feel compelled to glance at it and always regret it...

Yes, I need to get a life probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Bleeding edge "cool" and "gritty" places, you go to a place with no name, no doors to the jacks and the bar being one dude in a cloakroom poring drinks, and loads of people smoking inside you expect people to be having a good time, never seen that many people on mdma standing around. You know they will all go home though and tell their mates the next day it was so "amazing and urban".

Additional rant: If a place is playing Afrobeat or some other music associated with Black culture and the crowd is 95% white* you know its going to be a pile of sh*te and populated by people more concerned about being in a "cool" place than actually having a good time.

*Too not be racist not a mad fan of a lot of the music but had a few great nights with more mixed crowds

Advertisement