Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humanity Must Be Destroyed!! (Two Minutes' Hate) 20140525 - SEE RULES IN POST #2

Options
  • 03-11-2010 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭

This thread is for all you Londoners to air your grievances about London and tell us all of what really grinds your gears.

I am inspired to write this by the underground turmoil caused by the actions of the dirty commies in the RMT and TSSA who decided that they will make my daily commute turn in to a journey to the seventh circle of hell.
    Ticket workers: you are not as important to me as the piece of plastic in my wallet. All i need is my Oyster and auto-top up and I will never need to consult you for anything not that I have ever before. Please take your redundancies and stop causing me hassle in the morning.
    Drivers: the cabin may be hot and in order to save you from the heat I hope they soon replace you with an automated driving system. You can then enjoy the cooling air as you stand outside the Job Centre waiting to sign on. Just shut up and get on with your job.

Engineers..... yeah you have some use (for now) but please don't allow an engineering train to go out of control through four underground stations.

That is all.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Mod edit, 2014-05-25: After some consideration and discussion with other mods, the following rules now apply in this thread:
    • This thread is intended to be a place to let off steam about frustrations big and small. It should therefore be expected to contain more abrasive content than the rest of the forum.
    • No hate speech.
    • No commenting on or arguing with other posts. This includes "My hate is *people who say what the preceding poster said*"-type posts. If you see anything problematic, report it and it will be reviewed.

Oooooh, contentious. Just you wait 'til bluedolphin sees this :P She'll set all her left-wing fascist friends on you, and then where will you be?

(Personally, given the choice between Bob Crow and That Clown With The Scarecrow Hairdo, I know who I side with, pretty much by default. There again, I still remember Ireland's hilarious notions of what public transport means...)

My current 2 minute hate is...hmm. I dont know actually. Perhaps those retarded Halifax ads where a load of them run the world's most pointless radio station? (Pretty feeble, I know...)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Mine is also tube related....

I hate the Jubilee line.

I also hate people who won't let you get off the tube before they try to get on. I actually got wedged in one of the end doors with a woman one day! After much shoving I popped out onto the platform and shrieked at her in annoyance. Cue frightened looks from other commuters.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Sinall wrote: »
    I hate the Jubilee line.

If the Jubilee line had a face, I would punch it in the nuts. Seriously, how can the newest tube line be the crappest one in terms of weekend maintenance?! (OK, it's not quite as bad as the circle and district line, but it's nowhere near as good as it should be...)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

1. When pulling into a stop, I make my way to the door so I can get out straight away, avoiding any shuffling and pushing as would otherwise happen. Then, sirs or madams outside decide to stand right in front of the crack in the door. And by God, they won't budge to let you through.

2. People walking down a street in a group who decide to impersonate the Monkees for some reason and travel in a solid horizontal line. Now, I usually walk at a reasonably quick pace so its frustrating when you have a wall of people in front of you that are snailing their way to their destination.

3. People not moving down inside the carriages. How difficult is it. I remember entering a train that was pretty full. However, I saw that there was nobody in the spaces in front of the seats. I manoeuvred my way into the space and was astonished that no-one followed me. Do people enjoy the sensation of being sardines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I see I've acquired the leftie (rightie?)-liberal-Marxist role. Huzzah! While I agree with none of the OP, I'd like to add that the sheer flipping RUDENESS of commuters drives me insane. Seriously. Don't fúcking push me you knob, just because you're late for your meeting doesn't mean you get to trample me down. And why doesn't anyone in this city know how to say, "sorry". A woman absolutely attacked me with her handbag today as she trundled passed me and then glaaaaaaaaaared at me because her bag had fallen down from her shoulder as she bludgeoned into me. Fúck off you wench. Where I'm from you'd get a black eye for doing that. Hope your stupid stiletto on your extortionately high shoes breaks and your frappmochalaticcino spills on your probably-not-faux fur jacket. And you're ugly. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

New one from me today and it is the ignorance of shop keepers when making purchases. This nearly always happens in those pokey corner shops rather than a Sainsburys, Tesco or Waitrose (la di dah!).
    So I peruse the items on the shelf and select one and walk up to the counter to begin the process of exchanging money for goods since cows and other livestock are no longer legal tender. I hand over the item, the guy scans it (its always a guy in this complaint) and the next thing he does is stick out his hand like he expects some communion bread. Not only does he not say "hello" or anything, he also decides to not tell me the price for the item and since I don't have a barcode scanner myself how the **** am I supposed to know the price! A transaction in these shops can take place without anything other than a grunt coming from the mute manning the till.

It is for this reason that I try to avoid these shops as much as I can and will seek out a small branch of a supermarket. So listen up corner shop owners, you can't compete with supermarkets on price so at least try to compete on service. Here are simple phrases to help you conduct transactions.
    "Hello"
    "£X.XX please"
    "Thank you"
    "Have a good day"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

The Tube is very draining, it's so hot and stuffy in the underground parts, some of the trains are smelly and don't talk to me about the strikes, it took me nearly 2 hours to get home from work yesterday, was not a happy camper!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I stick with the overground, and it is way better, BUT can't get over the huge lack of consideration for the more elderly people; I got on a carriage last week where ten sturdy young men were plonked on seats and none gave theirs up for an elderly woman (who clearly was elderly). I find that sort of thing disgusting, it's like they choose not to see it. I know it happens everywhere but I see it so much here, moreso than back in the motherland.

I do enjoy giggling when someone starts to nod off and their head drops on to their neighbours shoulder, slowly, slowly, bang! Keeps me entertained for my hour commute..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

My tube complaint is that the northern line seems to be the only one that refuses to strike, scabs! :D

I was looking forward to my lie in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Yoovs (youths): namely the little goits that have taken to terrorising our neighbourhood. Noisy, intimidating, disrespectful, uneducated, unemployed, ignorant, foul-mouthed, brash, unkempt, hooded, illiterate, broken-homed, scummy little wastrels. Forget ASBOs, I long for the days of police brutality! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

14 year old school kids talking like "gangstas".

"Oi blood, don't piss me off...."

Shudder

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bob5666

i hate da traffic

"innit"......enough said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I would like to complain about how shít RTÉ's Player "service" is. And RTÉ in general. That is all.

I would like to complain about how shít RTÉ's Player "service" is. And RTÉ in general. That is all.

Yeah, I'll get behind that. It's hard to believe that the same update which moved it from being based on RealPlayer also moved it to having most of the worthwhile content not available unless you're in Ireland - even though they don't release it on DVD and therefore won't be losing revenue. (Yes, I really miss watching The Panel, goddamnit).

Too right I says. I pay a license for TV over here and the Beeb is much better. I does be learning how to speak English good too.

Tube strikes. In the cold weather. How mean of them!!!

****ing *****

I want to make a fine leather coat using the skin of London underground workers.

D-Generate wrote: »
    ****ing *****

I want to make a fine leather coat using the skin of London underground workers.

It will keep you warm in this cold weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Fysh wrote: »
    ... I still remember Ireland's hilarious notions of what public transport means...
    What always frustrated me most about public transport in Ireland (and Dublin in particular) is that a few relatively simple changes would improve the overall service immensely. How hard is it to implement integrated ticketing? How hard is it to fit displays on buses to tell passengers what the next few stops are? That said, I genuinely miss the scenic views I enjoyed when travelling by DART in Dublin.

As for London, what’s this obsession that council’s have for hoovering up leaves? Even in parks. Why is my council tax paying for this nonsense? Just cut down the ****ing trees and be done with it if leaves are such a serious issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭afatbollix

24 hour supermarkets closing at 16:00 on a Sunday!!!

WTF!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

The damn pollen from the plane trees in London. Walking along the river on the Victoria Embankment during the week it got in my eye and even in my air passages, leaving me with a streaming eye while I spluttered and hacked at the side of the pavement... And I don't even have hayfever! Goodness knows how bad it must be for those poor souls!

afatbollix wrote: »

WTF!!

YES! Our local "24 hour tesco" shuts at 10pm on Saturday and only opens 12-4pm on Sundays..agghh!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yeah, I'll get behind that. It's hard to believe that the same update which moved it from being based on RealPlayer also moved it to having most of the worthwhile content not available unless you're in Ireland - even though they don't release it on DVD and therefore won't be losing revenue. (Yes, I really miss watching The Panel, goddamnit).

While I agree with what you are saying, at least RTÉ allow us to access something! BBC won't allow access to ANY content if you are abroad (barring the new much vaunted subscription service due to launch this year).

I like the RTÉ player, I'd like to see loads more content available to us but at least we get something (Capital D, Nationwide, the News, Saturday Night Show, LLS etc.) :)

WTF!!
    The law only allows shops in England to open for 6 hours on a Sunday. Thankfully most shops where I live make full use of that 6 hours, including the '24 hour supermarkets' like ASDA and Tesco. :)

I don't live or work in London anymore but what really, really annoyed me when I did work there was the crappiness of mainline rail service information when there was a problem. 'Delayed' was the only information I could ever get at Liverpool Street Station, the information desk was always closed when there was a major problem on the lines. :mad:

r3nu4l wrote: »
    While I agree with what you are saying, at least RTÉ allow us to access something! BBC won't allow access to ANY content if you are abroad (barring the new much vaunted subscription service due to launch this year).

I like the RTÉ player, I'd like to see loads more content available to us but at least we get something (Capital D, Nationwide, the News, Saturday Night Show, LLS etc.) :)

Oh, don't get me started on the morons in charge of developing the iPlayer & related licensing. I wrote to them a while back asking whether they would implement some method for licence-holders to at least access the UK versions of news & weather services from abroad, but the response I got was somewhere between "I don't understand your question" and "go away little person, we're busy".

I love the BBC as a project, and they've achieved some great stuff on a technical level, but I can only assume that at least some of the numpties who run it are only there through Old Boys Network connections...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Old Boys Network connections...

Well you only have to look at some of the stuff that gets commissioned on BBC Radio 4 (my favourite station btw) to see this in action. Most of the Comedy and Drama by 'new' faces tends to have been written by OxBridge grads, either from Cambridge Footlights or the Oxford equivalent. Look at the panel shows on TV and you'll see the same. Some of these people and their writing are hilarious but there's some monumentally unfunny stuff that when you dig into it you find OxBridge behind it :mad:

Anyway, I suppose this is National rather than London so I'll stop being off-topic now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Reading this thread; if RTE player, the Council hoovering up leaves and the Tube are the main gripes then I think London sounds like an alright place!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Sinall wrote: »
    Mine is also tube related....

I hate the Jubilee line.

I also hate people who won't let you get off the tube before they try to get on. I actually got wedged in one of the end doors with a woman one day! After much shoving I popped out onto the platform and shrieked at her in annoyance. Cue frightened looks from other commuters.

Just shout at them that they are committing an offence punishable by a large fine and potentially a custodial sentence. You'll get bemused looks but at least you'll have vented....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

WTF!!

Don't blame them, it's the law! No shop greater than a certain square footage is allowed to open for more than 6 hours on a Sunday. They say Irelad is priest ridden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I'm getting fed up with having to listen to the noise from peoples' headphones on the tube / bus. Half the time its women with ipod headsets that are too big for their ears and end up facing outwards, or just ignorant ****s who must be 3/4 deaf already. If your music can be heard by someone 2 feet away I hate you.

Hope they don't bring wifi on the tubes like they were talking about some time back.

Advertisement